New Fords - Vehicles - Contractor Talk

New Fords

Old 06-27-2020, 06:35 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: GC carpenter
Rewards Points: 8

New Fords

New Fords are slick. On board generator “will power 24
refrigerators” floor shift folds forward to allow flat surface for laptop etc. looks pretty slick & on my wish list
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingcarpenter1 For This Useful Post:
Jaws (06-27-2020)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
90%-er

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 2,450

Re: New Fords

They had my attention when I saw the new ones were gonna have hands free driving on the highway. I've been waiting my entire life for that ****. Can't wait. I'll bet the damn trucks are 70 grand, but I can wait a year or two to get a lesser pieced used one.

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #3
Pro

Yea couple years old may be the way to go. We will be a few years older to take advantage of the flat reclining seats for that lunch nap. I’ve been holding a steering wheel so long don’t know about letting that go though
overanalyze (Today)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2020, 05:31 PM   #4
90%-er

Rewards Points: 2,450

**** that. I'm ready to let the wheel go right now. In thirty seven and sharp as a God damn tack, mentally.... But no human can compete with the brain of a computer when driving. I can't wait for this tech to trickle down to a slightly used truck. And I absolutely cannot be more ecstatic as a parent of three kids who will be getting their licenses in the next 4-8 years. I have no idea how my parents dealt with the stress of me getting a license, I am so hopeful that my kids will learn to drive in an environment where computers are doing a good portion of the drive
Old 06-27-2020, 07:04 PM   #5
Pro

Rewards Points: 4,606

I taught my 3 kids how to drive, not a stressful moment ever (I’m not kidding).

Youngest daughter had her permit about a week, asked me if she could drive home when we were leaving a job. I said, sure——home was 820 miles away. She started the Excursion at 6 AM EST, we backed into the driveway at home 6 PM CST. Never once asked for directions or any type of help.

Definitely no going self driving vehicle for me.

Tom
The Following User Says Thank You to tjbnwi For This Useful Post:
tgeb (06-28-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 07:09 PM   #6
Pro

Same here I trust my ability waaay more than any computer or machine whatever
Old 06-27-2020, 07:12 PM   #7
Pro

Bought the youngest daughter a 4Runner a month after she got her license. She drove it from San Antonio to Lubbock about 7 hours by herself no problem.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:18 PM   #8
Pro

Rewards Points: 4,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcarpenter1 View Post
Bought the youngest daughter a 4Runner a month after she got her license. She drove it from San Antonio to Lubbock about 7 hours by herself no problem.
I made them buy their own cars. If they stayed on the honor roll I paid the insurance. Damn kids went from honor roll to Deans list, a car may have been cheaper.

Tom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjbnwi For This Useful Post:
A&E Exteriors (06-28-2020), overanalyze (Today)
Old 06-27-2020, 07:27 PM   #9
Pro

Yea I bought the Toyota as she went off to college. Proud as well as she got her Masters @ Tech Deans list & all. All paid off now but would have definitely made her buy her own if I didn’t have to foot the rest of all as you well know
Jaws (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 07:53 PM   #10
The Sheriff

Trade: Builder
Rewards Points: 15,980

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmywayup View Post
**** that. I'm ready to let the wheel go right now. In thirty seven and sharp as a God damn tack, mentally.... But no human can compete with the brain of a computer when driving. I can't wait for this tech to trickle down to a slightly used truck. And I absolutely cannot be more ecstatic as a parent of three kids who will be getting their licenses in the next 4-8 years. I have no idea how my parents dealt with the stress of me getting a license, I am so hopeful that my kids will learn to drive in an environment where computers are doing a good portion of the drive
First thing I do is turn off the little button that is deiver assist- im opposite from you at 37 - my judgment and experience have saved me from several wrecks as both a everyday driver and first responder. No way I'd take a computer making those decisions.

With the teenagers, id be worried it would be like spell check. Lot of bad spellers because of spell check

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

John
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaws For This Useful Post:
Lettusbee (06-28-2020), tgeb (06-28-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 08:13 PM   #11
Pro

Trade: remodeling
Rewards Points: 5,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
First thing I do is turn off the little button that is deiver assist- im opposite from you at 37 - my judgment and experience have saved me from several wrecks as both a everyday driver and first responder. No way I'd take a computer making those decisions.

With the teenagers, id be worried it would be like spell check. Lot of bad spellers because of spell check

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Have you seen the people on the highways recently? No driving for 2 months and now they are crazy, they are all over the road, 100 mph, passing on the shoulder. A computer may be better at this point
Old 06-28-2020, 08:22 AM   #12
Pro

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 2,880

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmywayup View Post
They had my attention when I saw the new ones were gonna have hands free driving on the highway. I've been waiting my entire life for that ****. Can't wait. I'll bet the damn trucks are 70 grand, but I can wait a year or two to get a lesser pieced used one.

Iím worried that all this tech is going to make used car/trucks obsolete. The cost to fix all of these sensors and electric motors once warranty is up is going to make used cars/trucks less appealing.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:39 PM   #13
Pro

Trade: Essential Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 19,287

Just saw an interview with Mr Farley, the CEO. They also expect to have an all electric truck in 2 years, and a hybrid of some sort that gets 700 miles/tank. They'll send out periodic software upgrades like Tesla. And Transit demand is through the roof.

Last edited by MarkJames; 06-28-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #14
Pro

Trade: Don't take trades, cash only.
Rewards Points: 1,198

I like that the AWD Transit isn't all high off the ground like the MB. Sure, monster trucks and lift kits are a thing, but not so great if you have to actually work all day out of one.
I've got my eye on that Transit as my next vehicle for sure. If that's an AWD 700 mile/tank hybrid then I'm selling my truck today.

Advertisement