Merc Metris Buildout - Vehicles - Contractor Talk

Merc Metris Buildout

Old 02-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Home improvement contractor
Rewards Points: 1,196

Merc Metris Buildout

In the week between Christmas and New Year I traded in my Ford transit connect and also Chevy Express 2500. With the rising costs of workers comp I have decided to go solo.
I wanted a small van that I could fit sheet stock and the metris seemed to fit the bill.
I was going to get the worker van stripped out which goes for $25,995 but would have had to add the partition and wood floor.
Dealer had in stock a upgraded one with some options like the extra side door and rear doors that open 180.
They gave me $4500 off so was pretty much same price as what the base truck would have been.
So far I love this truck, it drives like a Mercedes sedan,, 7 speed transmission, steering and braking all great.
Here are some pictures of my shelving so far, I cut a slot in the partition so I can carry sheet stock stood up.
Attached Thumbnails
Merc Metris buildout-20180204_121850.jpg   Merc Metris buildout-20180204_121841.jpg   Merc Metris buildout-20180204_121833.jpg   Merc Metris buildout-20180204_121906.jpg  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anderson For This Useful Post:
asevereid (02-04-2018), AustinDB (02-25-2018), Defenestrate (02-25-2018), rblakes1 (02-07-2018), Unger.const (02-04-2018)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2018, 03:19 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Merc Metris Buildout

Sorry about pictures I thought I had them rotated the right way

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2018, 11:35 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: GC/Developer
Rewards Points: 155

How does sheet goods work in this truck?

This commercial seems to imply it just fits. I would want to stand it up like you mention. Do you think it is the adding of the partition or the standing up that makes the need for the modification.

I have been looking at Transit Connect and Promaster city vs Promaster 1500 short wheel base. Connect and PM City are too small, it seems the Metris sizes in between the small guys and the Promaster which might make it just perfect.

Thanks for any guidance. I had my last truck for 10 years so I am over analyzing every part of this purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
Pro

Its the partition it follows the line of the seat backs and juts back into the cargo area at an angle from about 24" up from cargo floor. I cut the partition big enough to fit about 16 sheets of sheetrock or 10 sheets plywood. If i need more than that I will have it delivered.
I have since covered the partition in carpet to add to sound deadening, then cut hole for the pass through and velcro it. Will post some more pictures tomorrow.