Can't Find A Blue Book Price On This Pickup - Vehicles - Contractor Talk

Can't Find A Blue Book Price On This Pickup

Old 07-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
Finishing Carpenter

Trade: finishing Carpenter
Rewards Points: 720

Can't Find A Blue Book Price On This Pickup

Down the block from my house I spotted a pickup for sale. It's a 2003 GMC sierra, not sure about the model. 4x4, 4 door, auto, all the toys, 6 liter motor! 183k kilometers on the odometer or 114k miles.
I noticed that the back wheels seemed to be turned, aha! it's got quadrasteer! and that's where it gets hard to find.

I can't find this in any blue/black book on the internet. The seller want's 18 thousand or offers, wow. I only need a work truck! not a full pop cruiser, although this would be nice to have it's about 10k over my budget.
Anyone know of a blue book type site that would list this?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
can't find a blue book price on this pickup-img_0757.jpg   can't find a blue book price on this pickup-img_0755.jpg  

Last edited by Mrmac204; 07-13-2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: clarify stuff

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #2

Trade: Excavation
Rewards Points: 10

Re: Can't Find A Blue Book Price On This Pickup

Kbb.com says the price is a little high. I don't know about canada. KBB.com does allow you to click an option box for quadrasteer.

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 1,982

I brought it up on Kelly Blue Book.
Quadrasteer is listed as an option.

kbb.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
Finishing Carpenter

Thanks guys, that works. I entered a Blaine WA zip code, so that gives me an idea what it might be here. It would be more here though, I don't know why but cars and trucks are more money here.

If I went down to Seattle to buy a new truck, they'd refuse me outright. Apparently the dealers have been warned, I guess they don't want the Canadian dealers to be undersold.

The truck in question has been sitting for over two months now, so maybe in the Fall I'll shoot him a low price.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
PRO

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmac204 View Post
Thanks guys, that works. I entered a Blaine WA zip code, so that gives me an idea what it might be here. It would be more here though, I don't know why but cars and trucks are more money here.

If I went down to Seattle to buy a new truck, they'd refuse me outright. Apparently the dealers have been warned, I guess they don't want the Canadian dealers to be undersold.

The truck in question has been sitting for over two months now, so maybe in the Fall I'll shoot him a low price.
If it were financed I think it has more to do with repossesion laws and the fact that it can't be repoed from another country.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Hardwood Floors
Rewards Points: 594

Look at auto trader or cars.com to see what similar trucks are selling for.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
General Contractor

Trade: New Home Construction-Additions-Remodeling
Rewards Points: 8,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmac204 View Post
Down the block from my house I spotted a pickup for sale. It's a 2003 GMC sierra, not sure about the model. 4x4, 4 door, auto, all the toys, 6 liter motor! 183k kilometers on the odometer or 114k miles.
I noticed that the back wheels seemed to be turned, aha! it's got quadrasteer! and that's where it gets hard to find.

I can't find this in any blue/black book on the internet. The seller want's 18 thousand or offers, wow. I only need a work truck! not a full pop cruiser, although this would be nice to have it's about 10k over my budget.
Anyone know of a blue book type site that would list this?

thanks
I have a dealer book from January 2010 SLE 4x4 crew cab clean retail is 15,225 clean trade in is 11,925, the loan you can get 10,750. deduct 800 from that for milage. Keep in mind this is last year prices.

I have another book For January 2011 trade in value is 8,800 market value is about 9,800. deduct for high milage.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
Head Grunt

Trade: Electrical Contractor&Home Maintenance
Rewards Points: 2,196

I drove a couple of these when i worked for GM. They steered awesome but they were severe gas guzzlers being AWD. With higher milage you have to watch the steering linkage in the back for wear and the u-joints/ball joints. These trucks are not cheap to work on. If it has any corrosion at all i would not touch it. Too many hassles with the wiring if there is a lot of corrosion started.

To bad they did not offer the quadrasteer with the Diesel option. That would be something to tow with right there!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
Finishing Carpenter

I'm beginning to think that this vehicle will be more trouble than it's worth. Guess I'll look around for something more suitable.

Thanks!

Advertisement