Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van - Page 2 - Vehicles - Contractor Talk

Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #21
Pro
 
CityDecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Deck Builder
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 502
Rewards Points: 1,110

Re: Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van


That's Nice. Lil pricy for my side. wanted to keep it under 30k. How tall is that. And what's the ht from bumper to ground or from floor to ground.
I am jelouse of the the 12' and change box. As much in Don't like transit i would buy the new box van I recently saw. They put a 12' box that is configured with 20' bumper to bumper. And has aero shield so looks a stock high top from side. I would add ramp to the under cabinet carriage and roll up door..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner10 View Post
In Canadian dollars the cab and chassy was a hair under 60k, the body was a hair under 15k....so not exactly cheap.

Ride quality is what you would expect, leaf spring on all 4 corners, right over the front axle, no air ride cab. It rides harsh...and it's slow.

Fuel economy is what you would expect, the mileage computer is saying 13.5 MPG but I'm thinking it's somewhere between 12 and 13...but I haven't been keeping track.

The inside useable dimensions on the box are around 12'7 long, 6'6" high and 7' something wide.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
CityDecks is offline  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 03-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #22
Pro
 
CityDecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Deck Builder
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 502
Rewards Points: 1,110

Re: Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van


Also how wide. 7'?.. I can't be wider then 6'. I gotta squeeze down small streets. From curb to parked car is barely 6'.6"... Barely. 1/2 the Time I have to Ride 1/2 of the tire one side of tire on curb . And only 1/2 of tire because to there's poles and can't fit the full tire on curb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner10 View Post
In Canadian dollars the cab and chassy was a hair under 60k, the body was a hair under 15k....so not exactly cheap.

Ride quality is what you would expect, leaf spring on all 4 corners, right over the front axle, no air ride cab. It rides harsh...and it's slow.

Fuel economy is what you would expect, the mileage computer is saying 13.5 MPG but I'm thinking it's somewhere between 12 and 13...but I haven't been keeping track.

The inside useable dimensions on the box are around 12'7 long, 6'6" high and 7' something wide.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk


Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
CityDecks is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #23
Contractor of the Month
 
Inner10's Avatar
 
Trade: Control Systems
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 25,333
Rewards Points: 3,372

Re: Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van


Quote:
Originally Posted by CityDecks View Post
Also how wide. 7'?.. I can't be wider then 6'. I gotta squeeze down small streets. From curb to parked car is barely 6'.6"... Barely. 1/2 the Time I have to Ride 1/2 of the tire one side of tire on curb . And only 1/2 of tire because to there's poles and can't fit the full tire on curb.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
The NV must be over 6' wide.

I think I'm about 7.5' wide, I had the body built as narrow as legally possible without having to add fenders....and it's got DRW.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Inner10 For This Useful Post: Leo G
Inner10 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2019, 07:38 PM   #24
edward trowelhands
 
Golden view's Avatar
 
Trade: Diplomat
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PDX
Posts: 4,406
Rewards Points: 6,026

Re: Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van


Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner10 View Post
In Canadian dollars the cab and chassy was a hair under 60k, the body was a hair under 15k....so not exactly cheap.

Ride quality is what you would expect, leaf spring on all 4 corners, right over the front axle, no air ride cab. It rides harsh...and it's slow.

Fuel economy is what you would expect, the mileage computer is saying 13.5 MPG but I'm thinking it's somewhere between 12 and 13...but I haven't been keeping track.

The inside useable dimensions on the box are around 12'7 long, 6'6" high and 7' something wide.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Heck I only get 14 in the transit ego boost. 18 strictly slow highway. But it's FUN!

Bigger all around inside but shorter total length. Pretty nice set up you got there.
__________________
Half of all people are below average.
Golden view is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Golden view For This Useful Post:
Inner10 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:34 PM   #25
Pro
 
CityDecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Deck Builder
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 502
Rewards Points: 1,110

Re: Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van


Typo. I can't be wider then 6'. Another reason why I couldn't do the fusco and recall looking at the Iveco there all too wide for environment. Still pretty compact ride you got there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner10 View Post
The NV must be over 6' wide.

I think I'm about 7.5' wide, I had the body built as narrow as legally possible without having to add fenders....and it's got DRW.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
CityDecks is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:03 PM   #26
Contractor of the Month
 
Inner10's Avatar
 
Trade: Control Systems
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 25,333
Rewards Points: 3,372

Re: Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van


Quote:
Originally Posted by CityDecks View Post
That's Nice. Lil pricy for my side. wanted to keep it under 30k. How tall is that. And what's the ht from bumper to ground or from floor to ground.
I am jelouse of the the 12' and change box. As much in Don't like transit i would buy the new box van I recently saw. They put a 12' box that is configured with 20' bumper to bumper. And has aero shield so looks a stock high top from side. I would add ramp to the under cabinet carriage and roll up door..

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
It's about 9' 10" at it's tallest point which is the top of the rear frame.

The first back step is 9" off the ground to the bottom of the step, same clearance as the transfer case... So it's probably 12" step off the ground. I put two steps so getting in and out is a breeze.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Inner10 For This Useful Post: Leo G
Inner10 is online now  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:07 PM   #27
Contractor of the Month
 
Inner10's Avatar
 
Trade: Control Systems
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 25,333
Rewards Points: 3,372

Re: Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van


Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden view View Post
Heck I only get 14 in the transit ego boost. 18 strictly slow highway. But it's FUN!



Bigger all around inside but shorter total length. Pretty nice set up you got there.
After working in every possible vehicle configuration I finally jumped off my wallet and got something practical. And I figured if I was going to lay out this kinda money I wasn't going to make too many compromises... except speed and comfort lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Inner10 For This Useful Post: Leo G
Inner10 is online now  
Old 03-16-2019, 06:03 AM   #28
Pro
 
CityDecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Deck Builder
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 502
Rewards Points: 1,110

Re: Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van


Good add on. Is there room for a ramp? To hump table saw etc up/ down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner10 View Post
It's about 9' 10" at it's tallest point which is the top of the rear frame.

The first back step is 9" off the ground to the bottom of the step, same clearance as the transfer case... So it's probably 12" step off the ground. I put two steps so getting in and out is a breeze.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
CityDecks is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 06:38 AM   #29
Pro
 
rrk's Avatar
 
Trade: remodeling
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: new jersey
Posts: 5,429
Rewards Points: 1,152

Re: Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van


get one of these you can park it anywhere

https://www.tradecarview.com/used_ca...99999/?isNew=1
rrk is online now  
Old 03-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #30
Contractor of the Month
 
Inner10's Avatar
 
Trade: Control Systems
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 25,333
Rewards Points: 3,372

Re: Article On Why I Hate The Nissan NV Cargo Van


Quote:
Originally Posted by CityDecks View Post
Good add on. Is there room for a ramp? To hump table saw etc up/ down.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
I doubt there is enough room for a pullout ramp because there is only a couple inches between the floor and the frame. The construction of the box isn't traditional but it afforded me the luxury of having the box really tight to the frame of the truck.

I was originally going to do the ramp with two steps but I ditched the idea because it adds around 400 pounds and would rarely get used. Ontop of making my step a couple inches higher. If I really need a ramp I can run a folding one off the rear frame.

Advertisement

__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Inner10 For This Useful Post: Leo G
Inner10 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Inner10 For This Useful Post:
CityDecks (03-16-2019)


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nissan Titan XD Lettusbee Vehicles 13 04-30-2015 10:21 AM
Cargo Trailer Advice. shakey0818 Vehicles 25 01-20-2015 02:24 AM
PDB, Deck Design Software article Greg Decks & Fencing 29 11-25-2010 10:33 AM
Article claims our line of work will NEVER recover RJDGraphics Business 229 11-12-2010 09:56 PM
I had an article published in "This Is Carpentry" keith mathewson Finish Carpentry 7 09-11-2010 08:58 AM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?