The Tool Repair Called Me After 2 Years - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

The Tool Repair Called Me After 2 Years

Old 05-15-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Carpenter/fencing

Trade: Carpenter/Fence contractor
Rewards Points: 504

The Tool Repair Called Me After 2 Years

I'm a little forgetful sometimes but this beats them all.I dropped of my bosch hammer drill to be repaired two years ago,and since i own a few i seamed to have forgoten about it.well the day before yesterday they called and reminded me i still have a tool there.they claimed they called on a few occasions,i personally think there full of ****.I went right there paid the $65.00 and called them tool kidnappers.i told them i needed another drill fix this week,when should i call to see if its done,in about 2 years? i think it got shoved to the back of the shelf and forgoten about.I thought about tying a bow on my finger to remember next time but i'm affraid i'll forget what the bow was for.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
I'm a Mac

Trade: ICF Construction
Rewards Points: 4,254

Re: The Tool Repair Called Me After 2 Years

I rented a floor sander in 1988, it's still in my garage and they have never called for it, I have even returned to rent additional items and nothing has ever been said about it, I just never got around to returning it. I mentioned it to them in the mid 90's and they had no idea what I was talking about, so here I am today with it.

FOR SALE

Floor sander - Clark Model - Almost a vintage model

Make offer - Pick up Only

Chris

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
DGR,IABD

Trade: Electrical; Commercial and Residential Service
Rewards Points: 2,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Johnson View Post
I rented a floor sander in 1988, it's still in my garage and they have never called for it, ....
I've got a mess of rented orange traffic cones and two air movers that the water damage guys use by similar means. Someone else rented them, and I was the guy cleaning up at the end of the job, so they miraculously became mine. Nobody wanted to claim them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 AM   #4
Yet another carpenter

Trade: Carpenter Woodworker
Rewards Points: 250

My brother, who's a heating tech, gave me a pair of stilts that was left on a job. The clean-up crew was going to toss them in the dumpster!

"I don't know everything but at least I think I do, and that's what really matters."