Telsla A28D Bucket Truck Hydralics Will Not Work - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Telsla A28D Bucket Truck Hydralics Will Not Work

Old 09-17-2020, 04:57 PM   #1

Trade: Home Renovation
Rewards Points: 2

Telsla A28D Bucket Truck Hydralics Will Not Work

Found via Google an old article about other issues with Bucket Truck. Had some good answers for the problem the guy had.

This is a 98 model so it has been used a lot. Picked it up cheap. Worked good, then wife had surgery and It sat for 4 months. Boom will not move now. I have checked the electrical controls, Overides and control switches ect. They all seem to be flowing electric as they should. The boom does nothing. Hydralic pump is working. I am thinking it is low on Hydralic fluid. Sounds simple; I have been all over it and cannot find a fill point. There is a hydralic tank inside the trunk the boom sits on. Filter is directly over it. That tank has a plastic cap on it, when you take the cap off it appears to be only a vent. Got the Manuals on it. No where does it show how to add Hyd fluid. It says there is a sight glass on the boom but I dont find one. Goggled it an found no help there Help Please.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2020, 06:28 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Constructioneer; LEED AP BD+C
Rewards Points: 26

Re: Telsla A28D Bucket Truck Hydralics Will Not Work

If it was working before it was parked I doubt it's low on fluid, unless there's a puddle under it. Four months isn't that long of a time span. The cap you removed is probably the fill because most systems use a vented cap.
I suspect a rodent might have chewed a wire, or a bad control wire connection is more likely the problem.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to rustyjames For This Useful Post:
kyguy (09-18-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 3,234

Re: Telsla A28D Bucket Truck Hydralics Will Not Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyguy View Post
Found via Google an old article about other issues with Bucket Truck. Had some good answers for the problem the guy had.

This is a 98 model so it has been used a lot. Picked it up cheap. Worked good, then wife had surgery and It sat for 4 months. Boom will not move now. I have checked the electrical controls, Overides and control switches ect. They all seem to be flowing electric as they should. The boom does nothing. Hydralic pump is working. I am thinking it is low on Hydralic fluid. Sounds simple; I have been all over it and cannot find a fill point. There is a hydralic tank inside the trunk the boom sits on. Filter is directly over it. That tank has a plastic cap on it, when you take the cap off it appears to be only a vent. Got the Manuals on it. No where does it show how to add Hyd fluid. It says there is a sight glass on the boom but I dont find one. Goggled it an found no help there Help Please.

Take the vent off a dip the tank.

Could be a solenoid is stuck.
kyguy (09-18-2020)