Ryobi Battery Powered Brad Nailer - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Ryobi Battery Powered Brad Nailer

Old 05-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: carpenter/drywall
Rewards Points: 295

Ryobi Battery Powered Brad Nailer

I can't do a search, so does anybody have an opinion on the ryobi battery operated brad nailer? I see good reviews on it but they may be joe homeowner using it once a yr

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 05:35 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 1,440

Re: Ryobi Battery Powered Brad Nailer

Search google and type in "Ryobi battery brad nailer + contractor talk."
I haven't tried it, but adding " +contractor talk" at the end of anything will bring up the times it's been talked about on this site.

In the past I've found several recommendations for it, on this site. Enough that I bought one last week along with a battery stapler. I don't plan on using the stapler for underlayment. We staple on our aluminum soffit. I'm hoping this will be easier than dragging the air hose around.

We've only played with it so far, so I can't say one way or another. Normally I wouldn't consider Ryobi tools. Maybe I'm a tool snob.

Went ahead and checked it out for you. With google, the first 4 links are about the nailer and they are on this site.

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 05:47 AM   #3

Trade: Carpenter/Remodeling
Rewards Points: 240

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...ractortalk.com

Or you can type it like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: carpenter/drywall
Rewards Points: 295

Thanks guys. I thought I seen it on here before but wasn't in the market for one
Old 05-28-2015, 06:18 AM   #5
Pro

Rewards Points: 1,440

So far we've used the brad nailer and stapler, a few times throughout the week. I think a 3 to 6 month test will be what determines whether it is good or not. Years ago when Senco came out with theirs, it lasted about 3 months.

So far the brad nailer has worked great. Used it on 3 jobs. Small jobs. One was 68' of base, door trim yesterday, toe kick, and crown moulding. At this point it is the first nailer the guys grab. Actually I should say the only nailer they have grabbed. I packed the brad nailer, stapler, 2 batteries, and 1 charger in a bag.

A couple things I noticed. The led light is pretty bright and handy. When you push the trigger there is a short delay. Just something to get used to. If, because you aren't used to the delay, you pull up before the nail shoots, the gun seems to go in a dead mode for about 10 seconds. Has happened about 3 times with me so I think it is on purpose. After those 10 seconds it works fine. I'm thinking it must be an internal reset. It is heavy and bulky. Of course compared to getting out the compressor and 50 to 100 feet of hose, even if it were twice as heavy I think it would still be the first one we grabbed.
So far I don't have a single complaint. We'll see what happens in the next few months. One thing I keep in mind is how much time we've already saved in not having to get out the compressor and put it back up.
I believe these battery nailers are going to be the go-to guns for trim work. They are only going to get better. I don't see them replacing any framing guns, but I can see them replacing the Paslode guns. Sorry Paslode. I love your guns, but these have 1 less component.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:40 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: Handyman
Rewards Points: 366

I have both the nailer and the stapler.
I should specify, the 18 guage nailer. They have a 26 guage now.
My first one I broke the safety when it got jammed in the truck. HD traded it no problem and have had it for over 6 months. I have run about 10k in nails through it.
Get the 4 amp battery as it used quite a bit of power to use it.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:18 AM   #7
edward trowelhands

Trade: Diplomat
Rewards Points: 6,422

I love mine so far. Used in small jobs plus one larger job with about 3k nails. The pros of no hose and compressor generally outweigh the cons.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #8
Pro

Rewards Points: 874

If anyone wants to give them a try, they are special deal of the day today on HD.com

http://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay

$287 for both 16ga and 18ga, $100 off regular price
Old 05-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #9
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 14,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccoggs View Post
If anyone wants to give them a try, they are special deal of the day today on HD.com

http://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay

$287 for both 16ga and 18ga, $100 off regular price
I noticed and took advantage of that deal. Can't wait to try them out.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:17 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: custom carpentry
Rewards Points: 836

I bought a pair of the brad guns a few weeks ago for my guys doing punch list work. I wasn't sure about them but I figured I could return them. Turns out there decent guns. I'll see if they hold up.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #11
Pro

Trade: carpenter
Rewards Points: 500

Dave at dc inc killed mine i had it 1 yeari was happy,he is very hard on guns and tries to shoot a million brads a minute 😡

Advertisement