Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Router talk....101.....

12K views 94 replies 27 participants last post by  PrestigeR&D 
#1 · (Edited)
Milwaukee, router with multi base kit.1.75 hp....

After checking this thing; router out.....man......

Built well,................

So,.....

Anyone of us CT members own this......:blink:

B,

#9 ·
I'm a router nut too. I hate to change bits all the time.
Currently. PC 3.5 with two fixed bases, and PC laminate trimmer. Makita 1.75 combo, and two makita laminate trimmers.Two craftsman .75 fixed base. And last, a bosch colt.
I gave away a Craftsman and a really old skil.
I dunno ,I may need more.:laughing:

#13 ·
I have the Dewalt DW621, its a FANTASTIC plunge router!!!!! I also have the PC 7519 mounted in my Kreg lift on my table, another good machine.

I've considered replacing my Dewalt w/ a Festool, but honestly I don't see the gain. That Dewalt is such a nice router; anyone here that owns one will concur I'm sure!!

For trimming I have a Rigid laminate trimmer and it's a pile of garbage. The stupid power button's on top and I bump it all the time. Saving for the Festool MFK700eq; then I'll dump gas on the Rigid and light it on fire.

Before I got my PC 7519 I had a PC 892 and I have nothing bad to say about that at all; it was a great router. I just went bigger because it suffered a bit doing cabinet doors. Nothing seems to slow the 7519 down!

If it were me, I might avoid Milwaukee; but that's not based on having used their router, its based on not being much of a fan of all their other tools recently. Years ago they were my favorite, but they've gone way downhill over the past five or so years IMO.

#14 · (Edited)
Currently in stock :)laughing:):

PC 7310 lam. trimmers - 3 (I like to keep small round over bits, etc. in these)
PC 690 - 3 (multi purpose - larger round over, ogee, etc.
PC 895PK multi-base/plunge 2hp w/ vac attach - 1
PC 7519 3 1/4 hp - 2 (in router tables)
Milwaukee 5616 1 3/4 hp - 1
Festool 1400 - 1

I think that's everything. :laughing:

I really hate to have to swap out router bits all the time.

#18 ·
For trimming I have a Rigid laminate trimmer and it's a pile of garbage. The stupid power button's on top and I bump it all the time. Saving for the Festool MFK700eq; then I'll dump gas on the Rigid and light it on fire.
Can I have it before you do that? I've got two, one older model and one current model. Love them both. Need my mailing address...

#22 ·
Thanks for the input J....;)

Ya,
I was wondering about that myself......:rolleyes: But he gauranteed the item was legitamate and not stolen....

He seamed sincear and honest with me about it....

He told me that people sometimes are hard up for cash and buy whatever it is they need to turn into cash with a credit card and then pawn it for cash...with hopes of returing to pay the pawn to pick it up later but it can not exceed the time frame/agreement ....

that's appearently what happened with this unit.and several other tools that looked new......never came back for it.....:blink:

There were some dewalt 20 lithium drill driver combo units there as well, new..... and a few others....and then the used stuff......

Sad way off getting cash if your hard up,.. i mean there is always other options...... one of them being that 4 lettered word.....

W O R K.......:whistling

but who knows why people do what they do.........:rolleyes:

anyways,
It does seem like a real nice unit...., love the plunger... very smooth.....:thumbup:

but we shall see.......:rolleyes:....:whistling

B,

#24 · (Edited)
Ive had no problems with my WPL.."THE" Woodpecker Lift...
It works great, lifts up nice and smooth, locks in good on the release...the crank adjustment works very well for precise height adjustment...
The only problem I have is once in a while it is tricky finding the port for the lift rod.....ussually when the lift is fully submerged....

but I really like it, and I do treat it with repect...especially the lift lock action...I don't like to hear that scraping noise when going up or down with the release.....:rolleyes: as I am sure it is not good for the threads. :rolleyes:....:no:

B,

#25 ·
Here is my Milwaukee on the JessEm rout-r-lift 2. The lift is made for this size router, It is pnenolic base with aluminum components. I paid $119.00 for it as an introductory special. You can get them for $160. The item # for the Milwaukee base is: 02313 Rout-R-Lift II For Use With MILWAUKEE 5615/5616/5619.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.