Roilair AB5 Vs. Senco PC1010 - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Roilair AB5 Vs. Senco PC1010

Old 07-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #1

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 30

Roilair AB5 Vs. Senco PC1010

Looking for a little compressor for trim and doors so I dont have to pack around the beast. I guess the older Senco's had problems but the new ones are fine. Does anyone have any input between the two?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Interior trim
Rewards Points: 226

Re: Roilair AB5 Vs. Senco PC1010

I've had the 1010n for two weeks now after my Fini got left three hours from home. I had already been looking at the JC10 and the Cat 1610 cause I hated the Fini from day one. Louder than claimed, kept getting louder and had problem not shutting off from the start that worsened till for the last three days I had it my helper had to switch it off. Kinda happy he left it. Couldn't wait for a Rolair or California Air Tools, so grabbed a Senco.

The Senco has been great doing door installs, my floor guys are begging for one also. I wouldn't trim a house with it unless it was personal work at home, don't think it would keep up. Had a rattle in the switch housing that went away the first day. I've had two different homeowners leave as I did to go buy one they were so impressed by the noise level.

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Home Improvement Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,450

I had the little senco, couldn't keep up with my trim gun so I ended up buying the Rolair JC10 and couldn't be happier with it. Its light (my original compressor was 70lbs), extremely quiet, and I even use it to spray texture (not big jobs of course but a hopper full or so).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2015, 03:59 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: General contractor
Rewards Points: 1,844

I have used the Senco and don't like it. Not big enough to do much other than small trim jobs. I'd go look at the JC10 I have it and it rocks, I can do trim jobs and small framing jobs. I've pulled it out on a couple jobs and several guys have gone out and bought one the next day.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:22 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Construction and Remodeling
Rewards Points: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorHIP View Post
I had the little senco, couldn't keep up with my trim gun so I ended up buying the Rolair JC10 and couldn't be happier with it. Its light (my original compressor was 70lbs), extremely quiet, and I even use it to spray texture (not big jobs of course but a hopper full or so).
I did the exact same thing. I still use the little senco rarely if im just using my pinner and 18ga. The senco wouldn't keep up with my paslode or porter cable 16 gauge or my hitachi 15 gauge gun.

I have the rolair jc10 and love it! Its so quiet it almost sounds like a fridge running.

I would compare the cfm and specs of the rolair to the senco maybe the rolair has more cfm.

Dave
Old 07-12-2015, 04:52 PM   #6

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 30

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like a JC10 is in my future soon as I recoup from my annual money sucking paperwork (Lic. bond, ins.) all the fun stuff. I especially like the ability to spray small jobs. Sounds like a versital enough compressor and 30 lbs. lighter than my pig.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:46 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: Carpenter
Rewards Points: 382

Does anyone use thomas compressors? Wonder how they hold up?
Old 07-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #8
Box Builder

Trade: Pretty much anything with wood and some metals
Rewards Points: 9,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemack1 View Post
Does anyone use thomas compressors? Wonder how they hold up?

They hold up well
Old 07-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #9
Contractor

Trade: Remodeling & Home Additions
Rewards Points: 1,102

I have the JC10 and it's a great compressor, but I'm currently running up and down stairs in apartment complex's. Lugging that lil guy up 3 flights of steps, back down, then to another building up and down, get's taxing. Been installing cabinets, so it's only pushing pins and 18ga nails.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: custom carpentry
Rewards Points: 836

I have 2 of the senco 's . Can't beat them for the price. I mainly use them with the 23ga,but have used them with 15 and 16 with out problems. I have 2 of the fini they are to loud for me. I'm kinda flooded with compressors. I'd like to clear some out and replace them with the rolair.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #11

Trade: Carpenter
Rewards Points: 58

I was thinking about the senco or the roilair but I went with a California air ultra quiet compressor and I love it. No problems and I've owned it going on 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2015, 11:31 PM   #12
Pro

Trade: Home Improvement Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,450

For just shooting some cabinet crown and scribe the senco would be great, especially at the roughly 20lbs it weighs in at. I bought the compressor / brad gun combo and have since tossed the brad gun (only shot a nail every other shot) and don't use the compressor any longer because for small remodels I would have to wait for it to catch up to my trim gun. Just as everything its totally dependent on your application, if I had the room in the work trailer I would have all 3 compressors but needed one that best fit the bill and the jc10 was it for me. If I recall from my research the California air and the rolair are essentially the same machines.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:11 AM   #13

Trade: Roofing
Rewards Points: 14

Have had numerous Thomas units over the years. Best quality from my prospective and very durable. They had a few years where they were not building them due to a factory move, but are now back in business. Just picked up a new little trim compressor at a good price. check www.thomasairpac.com

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to flipside For This Useful Post:
Joemack1 (07-17-2015)