Red Crack - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Red Crack

Old 06-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Renovations
Rewards Points: 173

Red Crack

Well thats it, you other guys can have your green cool aid, Hilti is like crack to me. One little taste and I'm hooked.
Go big or go home, sick of renting, bought it today, super deal!
I'll try it out tomorrow,add some Dexpan to the holes and say goodbye to a rock!
Joe Dirt
Attached Thumbnails
Red Crack-loader-003.jpg  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
Wood Butcher

Trade: Remodels/Custom Cabinets/Granite Countertops
Rewards Points: 500

Re: Red Crack

nice very nice!

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: General Contracting/CM
Rewards Points: 250

I want one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
Working

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,276

You will like that one!

I have the 905 just hammer only it is a beast it will break anything apart.

Cole
Old 06-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Drylining
Rewards Points: 150

I have a Hilti fetish too.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
Contractor of the Month

Trade: Control Systems
Rewards Points: 5,072

I like my hilti stuff too....but I don't think I will buy another cordless drill/driver set, the 14.4V is too fragile and the 21.6V is not without its problems.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
The Grand Wazoo

Trade: It blowed up real good!
Rewards Points: 2,014

Most of my power tools are made by Hilti, their warranty is their word and the customer service is great, try getting Makita or Dewalt to deliver a loaner rotary hammer to your house while yours is in for repairs.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #8
Pro

Trade: Construction
Rewards Points: 2,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerToiletSpider View Post
Most of my power tools are made by Hilti, their warranty is their word and the customer service is great, try getting Makita or Dewalt to deliver a loaner rotary hammer to your house while yours is in for repairs.
Not every dealer will do that. Just like makita and dewalt. you have your good dealers and bad dealers. My makita dealer will give me a loaner until mines fixed but I have never had to upto yet. They repair my tools while I wait.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #9
The Grand Wazoo

Trade: It blowed up real good!
Rewards Points: 2,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCConstruction View Post
Not every dealer will do that. Just like makita and dewalt. you have your good dealers and bad dealers. My makita dealer will give me a loaner until mines fixed but I have never had to upto yet. They repair my tools while I wait.
I'm not waiting for a tool to get repaired. If my Hilti rotary hammer breaks down on a job I call my rep and a loaner is at my house the same day, and he picks up the to drill to be repaired, and delivers it back to my house when it is repaired, and picks up the loaner at the same time. He will also deliver whatever fasteners or bits and blades I need at the same time. I don't know of any Hilti rep that will not deliver that kind of service, my brother lives in Texas and his rep will run stuff to his job if he has a problem.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: Construction
Rewards Points: 2,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerToiletSpider View Post
I'm not waiting for a tool to get repaired. If my Hilti rotary hammer breaks down on a job I call my rep and a loaner is at my house the same day, and he picks up the to drill to be repaired, and delivers it back to my house when it is repaired, and picks up the loaner at the same time. He will also deliver whatever fasteners or bits and blades I need at the same time. I don't know of any Hilti rep that will not deliver that kind of service, my brother lives in Texas and his rep will run stuff to his job if he has a problem.
I don't mind spending 10 mins walking around the shop looking at new tools whilst my tool gets fixed. Our local hilti dealer is crap here. They couldn't even tell me about the hilti foam gun let alone know anything about their power tools. It's nice to find good dealers though. My makita dealer has fixed my drill even being out of warranty for 2 years for free. I ain't had to see them many times though. Even though 90% of my tools are makita. Had very good luck with them so far.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #11
Superior Firepower

Trade: GC HVAC/R Lic. since 1985
Rewards Points: 3,880

Congratulations.
Nice score.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
MattMatt

Trade: Remodeling/Renovation
Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
I don't mind spending 10 mins walking around the shop looking at new tools whilst my tool gets fixed. Our local hilti dealer is crap here. They couldn't even tell me about the hilti foam gun let alone know anything about their power tools. It's nice to find good dealers though. My makita dealer has fixed my drill even being out of warranty for 2 years for free. I ain't had to see them many times though. Even though 90% of my tools are makita. Had very good luck with them so far.
Do you have a Hilti rep, or are you just working with anyone at the counter? I have had mixed experiences when I just walk in to grab something, or if my rep is not available. If he is in, then I get pretty good deals and great service. He will call me if something comes out that I may be interested in, and schedule a demo.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
I like Green things

Trade: Architectural Mill Work
Rewards Points: 5,744

Yeah, don't just stroll in to a store an expect good service, all I know is that is how it works.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:17 AM   #14

Trade: I am a vendor. I work for Hilti.
Rewards Points: 10

[quote=BCConstruction;951342]I don't mind spending 10 mins walking around the shop looking at new tools whilst my tool gets fixed. Our local hilti dealer is crap here. They couldn't even tell me about the hilti foam gun let alone know anything about their power tools. [quote]

There are only Hilti dealers in very rural areas. There might be a few rental houses that sell Hilti though. If you call 1 800 879 8000 and tell them your geographic area and trade they will give you the local reps name and number and shoot a message to their phone to call you if you ask.

There are Hilti Centers, retail stores run by Hilti, and they should have a courier service. Or, if the area is big enough for a Hilti Center, there should be at least 10 reps running around.
Nice drill by the way.

Last edited by ship25lax; 06-10-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #15
David Festa

Trade: Framing Contractor
Rewards Points: 2,030

All this talk of red crack is making me twitch. I need a fix bad! Been wanting the laser plumb bob.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #16
Contractor of the Month

Trade: Control Systems
Rewards Points: 5,072

The Hilti counter staff are useless.....really really useless. If I call my rep he goes out of his way to provide an excellent level of service; walking into the store is like going to Home Depot.

Advertisement