Paslodes - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Paslodes

Old 07-16-2015, 10:39 PM   #1

Trade: Construction
Rewards Points: 12

Paslodes

Just read 4 hours of forums and saw no direct comparisons to....

F350s vs PF350s

On Paslodes website the PF gets blasted and people prefer their old F.
The PF has metal cap, but plastic slide, but has dry fire lock, the PF was reviewed as more fragile but stronger, how they load, depth adjustments, etc etc etc

I just need good opinions on which to get

Not looking for Hitachi, Bostitch, etc recommendations, they are great, I want one of the Paslodes that is 30 degrees that uses paper nails.

Thanks, first post, been reading a while though.

Last edited by kneeman; 07-16-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 10:47 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Framer
Rewards Points: 16

Re: Paslodes

I've shot like a bazillion nails through that f350s. Don't know anything about the newer one.

Welcome to CT.

Advertisement

Old 07-17-2015, 12:41 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Framing
Rewards Points: 1,156

As far as I know paslode recently quit marketing the powerframer 350 and is now only selling the F350 again. F350 is all around more durable IMO. Pf350 was an awesome gun, and I own 6 of each kind. But in the long run the F350 is more bang for your buck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2015, 12:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Framer87 View Post
As far as I know paslode recently quit marketing the powerframer 350 and is now only selling the F350 again. F350 is all around more durable IMO. Pf350 was an awesome gun, and I own 6 of each kind. But in the long run the F350 is more bang for your buck.

I haven't seen anything about them discontinuing it, but they aren't sold at as many places.

Paslode doesn't keep their site up to date either because they don't have this 21 degree gun on there searching f350-p or f350-21 but it is at home depot as new

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Paslode-F...specifications

Last edited by kneeman; 07-17-2015 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:24 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: GC, Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,652

Get a F350 ... Great gun and pretty bullet proof
Old 07-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: carpenter
Rewards Points: 3,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Framer87 View Post
I have one Paslode framing. Worked for a few years with it. Leak always. Hitachi Koki all the way.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #7
Pro

Trade: GC, Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,652

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
I have one Paslode framing. Worked for a few years with it. Leak always. Hitachi Koki all the way.
The OP said he isn't interested in anything other than paslode.....I think you may have had a fluke gun...I've had paslodes for years and no problems
The Following User Says Thank You to mrcharles For This Useful Post:
Framer87 (07-17-2015)
Old 07-17-2015, 09:18 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 92

I've only used both guns while they are new. Mh impressions are that I like the pf350 more so for a couple reasons. More power, lighter, different loading action and single finger trigger. I found too often when using grip rite nails, or any of the shorter strips in the f350 they tend to want to try to fall out of the magazine. The opening is too big. The large trigger on the f350 has me questioning if I am holding it down when climbing in the trusses or in tight spaces. The orange trigger doesn't have much tactile feedback so I am pretty cautious of shooting myself with it.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:51 AM   #9
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrus View Post
I've only used both guns while they are new. Mh impressions are that I like the pf350 more so for a couple reasons. More power, lighter, different loading action and single finger trigger. I found too often when using grip rite nails, or any of the shorter strips in the f350 they tend to want to try to fall out of the magazine. The opening is too big. The large trigger on the f350 has me questioning if I am holding it down when climbing in the trusses or in tight spaces. The orange trigger doesn't have much tactile feedback so I am pretty cautious of shooting myself with it.
Exactly that, while new. I'd pick the PF350 as well for all the same reasons. However tools don't stay new so for longevity I'd stick with the F350. Here in Canada we can't buy the powerframer new anyways unless the stores still have stock. We were told paslode dropped that line of guns, too bad really cause I liked them while they lasted.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:49 PM   #10

Thanks for the couple responses.

I knew the f350s was made to last a while wasn't sure about the pf.

Anyone know if the pf gets worse over time?

If they get good longevity then there are some features I'd like more on it.

As for discontinued pf series I haven't read that yet. The paslode site lists the pf and f under the framing nailer category. They don't even list other models, like the 21 degree model, even when you search. So who knows.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeman View Post
Thanks for the couple responses.

I knew the f350s was made to last a while wasn't sure about the pf.

Anyone know if the pf gets worse over time?

If they get good longevity then there are some features I'd like more on it.

As for discontinued pf series I haven't read that yet. The paslode site lists the pf and f under the framing nailer category. They don't even list other models, like the 21 degree model, even when you search. So who knows.
Looked that up and you're right. Website still shows both nailers. Anyone in Canada still able to buy powerframers? Nobody here caries them anymore. As for longevity I've used f350's problem free for 3+ years. The pf models I've had down within 6 months from new, mostly from abuse though. The F is built stronger and able to handle some slugging while the pf head cannot handle sledge duties. If you're easy on the gun it'll last you years. Also the magnesium housing where the clip mounts by the handle is prone to crack, rendering the gun useless unless you replace entire housing. We've fixed that with a homemade angle bracket coming from the truss hook holder.
Attached Thumbnails
Paslodes-1437184531442.jpg   Paslodes-1437184564675.jpg  
Old 07-18-2015, 10:15 PM   #12

Trade: Home Builder
Rewards Points: 100

I use the pf 350s. I have had one start leaking after one house, but that was in an Alberta winter and I was dumping methanol through it to keep it from freezing, so thats probably what did it.

The others have been problem free. I have no problem using them instead of pulling out my stiletto. They have held up great so far.

Paslodes are the standard here, everyone uses them.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:20 PM   #13

Thanks guys. I sold the Bostitch and started using the f350s but I was just given a f350p new 21 degree paslode. Apparently they are just sold in the south right now at Home Depot.

Anybody used one yet?

21 degree nailes are everywhere around, 30s not so much. Wondering about it.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:21 PM   #14

If anyone cares Paslode redid their website and the Power Framers are no longer on there. I guess they did suck.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:22 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeman View Post
If anyone cares Paslode redid their website and the Power Framers are no longer on there. I guess they did suck.
Can still get it from duofast. Think its the df350. Only comes in 21 degree I'm pretty sure.

Advertisement