Paslode Im350/90 Sparking Unit Fitting - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Paslode Im350/90 Sparking Unit Fitting

Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #1

Trade: Plumber/heating
Rewards Points: 10

Paslode Im350/90 Sparking Unit Fitting

dear all,
I am new to this forum, but would appriciate your help, my paslode stopped firing, so I cleaned it, new o ring, new spark plug, no damage to the spark lead, but still no spark when I test by pushing down the roller switch and pulling the trigger. As I have traced the lead back to the spark unit, I have noticed the the lead is very loose in the unit, is this right? Can any one shed any light on testing a unit before I spend nearly 100 to find its not the problem,
thanks in advance,
V

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Framer
Rewards Points: 2,342

Re: Paslode Im350/90 Sparking Unit Fitting

What color is the gun? The black ones are pretty old and could be a number of things. The orange ones has been up graded several times over the years.

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #3

Trade: Plumber/heating
Rewards Points: 10

Hi, it's the orange gun
Thanks
V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Framer
Rewards Points: 2,342

well I have limited luck with them. As for the lead being loose, one of the other guys may have some experice on that. Our salesman has told us that the guns have a loose piston compared to the air guns. And when the gun is laying down for long peroids of time, the o-ring will get a flat spot it it and will not fire. He said to put oil on the ring and store it upright.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: modular home set-up and warranty
Rewards Points: 101

The im90 is the UK version. He 3 and they are great way better then the us cap.... I get my guns for free when i buy a few cases of nails.... Lol a few.. The nails also come with charges in the boxes... Love it no going back... Also the Im90 have a larger nail clip you can put in Two strips not like the usa one.....