Paslode Framer - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Paslode Framer

Old 11-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #1

Trade: interior millwork
Rewards Points: 10

Paslode Framer

new to the forum fellas so i'll start off with a little about myself,,,,im 45 and have been a new construction interior trim contractor for the last 10 years,big customs and track homes both

with the way things are these days i havnt been turning any work away even if its outside the box of the norm for me and just picked up a 4,000 + sq ft stud and finish basement job

its been close to 20 years since ive done any bit of framing so my old antique Senco wasnt going to cut it,and found a Paslode F350s in a pawn shop in great shape for a saw buck out the door

end cap gasket was leaking and while searching for the part ($2.80) came acoss a couple articals stating there are two types of triggers for the nailer and was wondering which is the more desirable and why and what color is which

i plan on branching out to some remodel and deck work hence the decision for a new (to me) framer

thanks for any insight,Dave

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: carpenter
Rewards Points: 2,550

Re: Paslode Framer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nail bender View Post
new to the forum fellas so i'll start off with a little about myself,,,,im 45 and have been a new construction interior trim contractor for the last 10 years,big customs and track homes both

with the way things are these days i havnt been turning any work away even if its outside the box of the norm for me and just picked up a 4,000 + sq ft stud and finish basement job

its been close to 20 years since ive done any bit of framing so my old antique Senco wasnt going to cut it,and found a Paslode F350s in a pawn shop in great shape for a saw buck out the door

end cap gasket was leaking and while searching for the part ($2.80) came acoss a couple articals stating there are two types of triggers for the nailer and was wondering which is the more desirable and why and what color is which

i plan on branching out to some remodel and deck work hence the decision for a new (to me) framer

thanks for any insight,Dave

The orange is for bump firing. (pro's) The grey is for diy'ers

Advertisement

Old 11-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #3

thanks hugh,is there a site sponser that sells the bump trigger?

Old 11-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #4
Steve

Trade: Remodeling and Custom Cabinets
Rewards Points: 256

http://www.itwconstructionparts.com/...ode-pneumatic/

Also check ebay and your local nail gun repair center. My local guys stock about everything.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #5

thanks Steve,i looked on that site earlier and couldnt find one that said it was specific to my nailer,but it came up on the search so i ordered one

also ordered one for the T250 F16 i purchased a while back that i cant stand,i used the 3250 series for many years and to be frank am still dumbfounded they discontinued the 3250 F16 gun,in my opinion the most reliable trim gun there is/was

i pretty much patch up the (8) 3250 guns i have left and made the switch to Senco strictly for door installation to share some of the load,but that T250 F16 is a flat out joke,and the joke is on me for shelling out the dough for that Harry Home owner piece of ,,,,,,,,,i figure i'll switch the trigger and see if it makes it any more bearable

to give you a idea how disappointed in it i was,,,,,i purchased it,,,,fought with it for a half a day at work,,,,at lunch went and purchased a new Senco and nails,and finished the day with that,,,dropped off a total of twelve broken 3250 guns for repair,he was able to fix 10,kept the other two for parts or possible major rebuild in the future

i parked that T250 in the shed and just dug it out to see what color trigger it had and a mud dawber made a home in the nipple its been out there so long

many thanks again,Dave