Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Micky mouse makita

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  The Coastal Craftsman 
#1 ·
So the motor in my Makita table saw quit two weeks ago. My repair shop has been trying to get parts out of Makita, which apparently are in stock, for these last two weeks. They keep promising they are going to send them Purolator, but still no parts.

When I phone I get mailbox. Their website doesn't even have a contact phone number. What a joke these guys are.

Any suggestions? Even if I go there they won't sell to me as I am not a "dealer".

If they think I will purchase more Makita tools, they are definitely dreaming.

:censored::censored::censored:

#3 ·
Some companies have great customer service and some don't care if you ever get the tool fixed. Most of the time you can work your way up the ladder till you finally get to talk to someone that actually cares about the company's customer service and not some idiot on the phone that could care less if you ever buy another tool of theirs. I would keep calling and try and google to find other phone numbers for them.

#6 · (Edited)
Makita has the best service out of any tools that I have had. You can walk into the Factory Service Centers and buy any part you need. When your dealing with one of the authorized service centers it may be different because it is just a company that is authorized to do repairs and that shop may not have their story straight.

If you're dealing with an authorized service center you are not technically dealing with Makita. There is a big difference as that location uses their own discretion and not necessarily Makita's. I had a problem with one of these authorized service centers and then I contacted the local rep. The rep said it was no problem to get my tool replaced free after 4 months of heavy use.

#11 ·
No, there is a difference between factory service centers and authorized service centers. You live in Indiana...there isn't a factory service center there. I have had the BEST customer service from Makita. The Makita Rep actually came out and took care of the issue.

#9 ·
My biggest complaint with Makita is the need for service.

I bought a recip saw and used it for a single cut. It's junk. I bought several of their mini grinders back in the day when you had to have a Makita if you wanted a diamond blade. The switches would last for about a dozen uses then the tool was junk.

Makita is a lot more about marketing hype than it is about quality tools.

#12 ·
So this morning I finaly got ahold of customer service at Makita. Gave them an ear full. They sent the parts via the sales rep, motor was repaired this afternoon and I picked it up at 6pm.

Why couldn't they send them Purolator the day requested? ( 2 weeks ago)

Anyhow, cost me $200 total, now I just have to put it all back together.

FYI It is not an easy task to get this motor out, but can be done. Happy to have my saw good to go again.

#15 ·
I've only had a two problems with Dewalt tools. The first was my less than 3 month old Nano battery kicked the bucket. When I called Dewalt service line an engineer called me within the hour. They sent out a new battery with a return shipping label for the bad one. I didn't have as good of luck trying to get them replace my recalled table saw.

#16 ·
In all i have over 15 makita power tools from table saws to compressors to cordless power tools and nail guns and in the last 3 years of hard use i have only had to get the 18v circular saw motor replaced because of me overloading in which they done for free whilst i waited and the 18v drill/driver i have had 3 new motors in because of me again asking the drill to do too many 2" auger holes in solid oak beams. Again all 3 times done for free whilst i waited. So far my local service agent has been great. the 3 year warranty on the LXT range is handy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.