Makita Does It Again - Page 8 - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Makita Does It Again

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2018, 11:37 AM   #141
Pro
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Trade: Don't take trades, cash only.
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 404
Rewards Points: 956

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
The Makita double charger is 3 times the size. what the hell? is a foot long
But at least you can have each side play a different tune!
SPG is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SPG For This Useful Post:
Peter_C (11-24-2018)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 11-24-2018, 01:08 PM   #142
test
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 2,696
Rewards Points: 664

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
But at least you can have each side play a different tune!
I don't like the music.. I waste an hour everyday trying to pick a song. haha jk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
cedarboarder is online now  
Old 11-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #143
test
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 2,696
Rewards Points: 664

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Johnson View Post
It is a monster, heavy too. I have 2 of them.
I was gunna sell it and wait till I got another single rapid with a kit. but the USB port is a nice feature, im keeping it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
cedarboarder is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #144
test
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 2,696
Rewards Points: 664

Re: Makita Does It Again


random thought you would think Dewalt would have been the first to make the cordless coffee maker. Makita Does it Again-1543083765740-2.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
cedarboarder is online now  
Old 11-24-2018, 01:51 PM   #145
Pro
 
Peter_C's Avatar
 
Trade: Home Beautification
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,077
Rewards Points: 412

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
random thought you would think Dewalt would have been the first to make the cordless coffee maker.
In many ways they did by coming out with their cordless 120volt power supply.
Peter_C is offline  
Old 11-24-2018, 06:03 PM   #146
test
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 2,696
Rewards Points: 664

Re: Makita Does It Again


would be nice to do full pots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited by cedarboarder; 11-24-2018 at 06:06 PM.
cedarboarder is online now  
Old 11-24-2018, 07:11 PM   #147
Pro
 
TRThomas's Avatar
 
Trade: Residential Remodeling/Everything
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 145
Rewards Points: 378

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJ View Post
Bummer.
My new 16ga. nail gun quit driving nails.
Couldn't even get it to sink them in 5/4 WP.

Dropped it off at the Makita Service Center wed. afternoon.


"First time I've seen one of these" says the tech.
"Won't be the last" says the customer.
TRThomas is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TRThomas For This Useful Post:
TimNJ (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 07:14 PM   #148
Pro
 
TRThomas's Avatar
 
Trade: Residential Remodeling/Everything
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 145
Rewards Points: 378

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
random thought you would think Dewalt would have been the first to make the cordless coffee maker. Attachment 470405

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Makita has had a 18v LXT cordless coffee maker out for a number of years now. Never seen or used one so no idea how well it does or doesn't work.
TRThomas is offline  
Old 11-24-2018, 07:45 PM   #149
test
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 2,696
Rewards Points: 664

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by TRThomas View Post
Makita has had a 18v LXT cordless coffee maker out for a number of years now. Never seen or used one so no idea how well it does or doesn't work.
I got one for Christmas and has been awesome on the job, camping, and fishing. it also comes with a cord to plug in 120v.
yes it's slow. yes the cups are small. but it's a good coffee. I just brew 2 cups back to back with a 5 ah.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
cedarboarder is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to cedarboarder For This Useful Post:
TRThomas (11-29-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #150
test
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 2,696
Rewards Points: 664

Re: Makita Does It Again


I got the Makita drywall cutter and the tool line up flyer was a new one...
and a new coffee maker in it... I have never seen before looks like a revision and unreleased I think


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited by cedarboarder; 11-28-2018 at 07:30 PM.
cedarboarder is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cedarboarder For This Useful Post:
TimNJ (11-28-2018), TRThomas (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 01:43 AM   #151
Pro
 
TRThomas's Avatar
 
Trade: Residential Remodeling/Everything
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 145
Rewards Points: 378

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
I got the Makita drywall cutter and the tool line up flyer was a new one...
and a new coffee maker in it... I have never seen before looks like a revision and unreleased I think


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
If it's not brushless, coilless and waterless I'm not interested.
TRThomas is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TRThomas For This Useful Post:
eyeinstine (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 07:19 AM   #152
Pro
 
rblakes1's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,567
Rewards Points: 3,278

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
I got the Makita drywall cutter

Did you get the one that looks like a roto zip, or the one that looks like a jig saw?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
rblakes1 is online now  
Old 11-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #153
test
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 2,696
Rewards Points: 664

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by rblakes1 View Post
Did you get the one that looks like a roto zip, or the one that looks like a jig saw?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
jig saw model , going to be using it tomorrow.
Got a deal on the wood blades for it... $36 Canadian a 2 pack

Last edited by cedarboarder; 11-29-2018 at 05:02 PM.
cedarboarder is online now  
Old 11-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #154
Pro
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeler
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,154
Rewards Points: 4,854

Re: Makita Does It Again


Got my Makita battery/ac flood light today.
I can see why Leo said it is not that bright, because it's not that bright.

However for what I need it for it's perfect.
I just need to shine light on my doors when I'm installing them in the old houses from the '50's and 60's when windows and lights were apparently out of style.
__________________
Trump-The "Con Man's" Con Man.
TimNJ is online now  
Old 11-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #155
test
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 2,696
Rewards Points: 664

Re: Makita Does It Again


some more finds. New model of die grinder with variable speed I hope.
and also a new multitool model


Attached Thumbnails
Makita Does it Again-20181129_170437.jpeg  

Last edited by cedarboarder; 11-29-2018 at 08:09 PM.
cedarboarder is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to cedarboarder For This Useful Post:
TRThomas (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 10:47 PM   #156
Pro
 
TRThomas's Avatar
 
Trade: Residential Remodeling/Everything
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 145
Rewards Points: 378

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
jig saw model , going to be using it tomorrow.
Got a deal on the wood blades for it... $36 Canadian a 2 pack
I have that saw, it is awesome on sheetrock. Opening up sheetrock with a knife is probably my least favorite thing to do, but with the saw it is effortless and with a vacuum hooked up completely dustless. This is the only tool I own that could ever persuade me to buy that Makita backpack vac. With Milwaukees latest offering, however I would probably go team red.

Also, I wouldn't waste your money on the Makita gypsum blades for cutting rock. You can us 2 or 3 sections of 3/4" snap off utility blades, and they work just about the same as the $13/each Makita blades. I wrecked the blade that comes with the saw on the first cut I made hitting a screw head, folded 3 or 4 teeth completely backwards.
TRThomas is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 03:08 AM   #157
test
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 2,696
Rewards Points: 664

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by TRThomas View Post
I have that saw, it is awesome on sheetrock. Opening up sheetrock with a knife is probably my least favorite thing to do, but with the saw it is effortless and with a vacuum hooked up completely dustless. This is the only tool I own that could ever persuade me to buy that Makita backpack vac. With Milwaukees latest offering, however I would probably go team red.

Also, I wouldn't waste your money on the Makita gypsum blades for cutting rock. You can us 2 or 3 sections of 3/4" snap off utility blades, and they work just about the same as the $13/each Makita blades. I wrecked the blade that comes with the saw on the first cut I made hitting a screw head, folded 3 or 4 teeth completely backwards.
if it didn't take Olfa blades I would not have got it haha. I'm wondering what other blades I can clamp in it. the backpack vac was tempting but the dust bag is just too tiny.
going to use with my shop vac till I get a decent dust extractor. Bosch or Milwaukee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
cedarboarder is online now  
Old 11-30-2018, 04:15 AM   #158
Pro
 
TRThomas's Avatar
 
Trade: Residential Remodeling/Everything
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 145
Rewards Points: 378

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
if it didn't take Olfa blades I would not have got it haha. I'm wondering what other blades I can clamp in it. the backpack vac was tempting but the dust bag is just too tiny.
going to use with my shop vac till I get a decent dust extractor. Bosch or Milwaukee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Any 3/4" snap blades. Tajima makes the best ones I have used. I tried some cheap "serrated" snap blades I bought from Amazon but they shattered on me when I tried to clamp them in the chuck. I really don't understand how makita justifies the cost of those blades. I can buy a 12" long carbide tooth (with.. 40? carbide teeth) Diablo demo blade for $20, or a 2" piece of stamped steel for $7 less.
TRThomas is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 07:15 AM   #159
Pro
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeler
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,154
Rewards Points: 4,854

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
some more finds. New model of die grinder with variable speed I hope.
and also a new multitool model


Isn't the Multi-tool just the toolless model and the tool model?
I have the top one, tooless blade change.
__________________
Trump-The "Con Man's" Con Man.
TimNJ is online now  
Old 11-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #160
test
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 2,696
Rewards Points: 664

Re: Makita Does It Again


Quote:
Originally Posted by TRThomas View Post
Any 3/4" snap blades. Tajima makes the best ones I have used. I tried some cheap "serrated" snap blades I bought from Amazon but they shattered on me when I tried to clamp them in the chuck. I really don't understand how makita justifies the cost of those blades. I can buy a 12" long carbide tooth (with.. 40? carbide teeth) Diablo demo blade for $20, or a 2" piece of stamped steel for $7 less.
blades are made in Japan. must be why so expensive.
I was gunna try the Olfa black heavy duty blades.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Advertisement

cedarboarder is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to cedarboarder For This Useful Post:
TRThomas (11-30-2018)


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Makita LS1016L blade wobble after 8 months NINZAN STUDIO Tools & Equipment 55 08-06-2014 04:54 PM
Makita 1016 Gary H Tools & Equipment 30 08-15-2013 02:00 PM
So whats the verdict? Kapex or makita???? CITY DECKS INC Tools & Equipment 532 07-20-2013 07:59 AM
Trade Makita impact? CrpntrFrk Contractor Swap 3 10-29-2012 09:57 PM
Makita cordless deal Gary H Tools & Equipment 8 06-10-2012 10:42 PM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?