Jobsite Router Table - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Jobsite Router Table

Old 06-08-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
improving homes

Trade: Roofing/Remodeling
Rewards Points: 346

Jobsite Router Table

I've had a few times now where a router table would have been nice on the jobsite. Thinking about picking up a smaller router table that I can bring to the jobsite for those times. Is there a decent small router table out there? Doesn't look like there are too many options out there. I can get this bosch locally and it looks pretty decent, http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-RA1171-C...s=router+table. Anyone have this table? I have this router combo for jobsites if it makes a difference. Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2015, 09:57 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,440

Re: Jobsite Router Table

Jobsite router table-imageuploadedbycontractortalk1433818547.151547.jpg

I use one of the Bosch tables built in in my trailer with a dewalt 2 1/4 hp in it. Very handy for many job site needs.

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: remodel,finish&trim
Rewards Points: 2,008

http://rousseauco.com/router-tables/...le-model-3101/ this is not the model i have . mine is bigger yet also the legs fold under it . I have two router tables that fold up ,though they live in my shop for the most part .the picture shows both .tables are easy to make .fenses though are equally or more important .
my bench top rarely has free space for bench top type tools .
you could also just use a piece of plywood or such .mount your router under it .clamp it to your bench or sling between two horses when you need it .
Attached Thumbnails
Jobsite router table-img_1019.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 03:23 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,094

I would just build one with a laminate top if I had the room in the trailer.Something that would fold up and store easily would be ideal but I have never seen one.A router table with a longer table is always a plus which makes the manufactured ones less useful.Kind of like the thread on jobsite jointers.
If on the jobsite I prefer to clamp a wider piece of stock to a sheet on horses and after routing ,rip it to the width needed.Not the best solution but works well unless you need to do a large amount of profiling.Then I try to do it in the shop.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:58 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: Craftsman
Rewards Points: 3,916

I own the Bosch.

Decent little table..... for the money.

Only used it a few times before I upgraded to a better portable, but I recall if doing the job just fine.

Easy set up....reduced noise from router....featherboards etc.

(Never did any atom-splitting with it.....just some profiling, etc.)
Old 06-09-2015, 06:46 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: GC, Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,652

Do you have a trim router? I find this to be most useful for 90% of jobsite routing tasks. One handed use is great.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #7
Pro

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 4,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumLLC View Post
I've had a few times now where a router table would have been nice on the jobsite. Thinking about picking up a smaller router table that I can bring to the jobsite for those times. Is there a decent small router table out there? Doesn't look like there are too many options out there. I can get this bosch locally and it looks pretty decent, http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-RA1171-C...s=router+table. Anyone have this table? I have this router combo for jobsites if it makes a difference. Thanks
I have the first generation of that Bosch table. If you want to come pick it up you can have it. There is a router in it.

I'm in northwest Indiana (46303), about 30 miles east of Chicago.

Tom
Old 06-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #8
Pro

Trade: remodel,finish&trim
Rewards Points: 2,008

generally you need feather boards of some sort to keep steady constant pressure . with the feather boards holding it tight out feeds can be designed pretty easily allowing for the length of your table .
i find that my fold down units quikly become work surfaces when i not running material through them so there extra size is handy . i have [and had] places to mount routers in tablesaw and miter saw stands but i found this to be half about useless . i need my tablesaw and router freed up ,they are to important to have a router messing up the work area .once you set up your router ,this takes time ,you do not want to mess the set-up till you know your done . Setting hieght,depth and featherboards/pressure points takes time .It is important to have a dedicated table so it can stay in place till you are certain your need for it is gone .
Old 06-09-2015, 11:22 AM   #9
New Guy

Trade: Tile Layer
Rewards Points: 89

How much does it cost?

Advertisement