Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Job site trailers, show off your set ups!

4M views 3K replies 467 participants last post by  Lettusbee 
#1 · (Edited)
The posting of current job pictures is a great thread, I thought I would start a new thread for members to post interior and/or exterior shots of their job site trailers. I have an ulterior motive, since I am picking up my new 16 x 7 tomorrow, and need some more ideas on how to fit it out. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
Picked up the new trailer yesterday....16 long, 7 wide, 6-1/2 tall....and the ladder racks they installed really suck! I am going to lower them and cap them....nice pulling trailer.

Attachments

#5 ·
I didn't want a ramp...I could have had the trailer the day I ordered it if I would have taken a ramp style, but I wanted the swinging doors,,,maybe down the road, I will regret it, but I don't care for our other trailer, which has a ramp. I can keep a short ramp for loading the table saw and stuff....plus, I can hang cords and the like on the doors. Working on how I will lay it out today....get some AC ply this weekend and get after it.

#7 ·
Ah...the sweet smell of a new empty trailer to fit out.

I'm never happy with the way mine come out, but I'm too lazy to readjust, so I just keep dealing with a bad layout.:laughing:

Good luck with it.

#10 ·
$4600 in Tulsa...I think they have a dealer in your area also. Trailers Plus. I passed on the drop axles and ramp door, the only "option" I took were the ladder racks...I guess a good deal would be $4400 without racks.

#12 ·
#20 ·
http://www.contractortalk.com/showthread.php?t=15369&page=2

Posts 31-38 have some pics of our setup. Looking into putting a battery and invertor in it, but have to research more about it, dont know where to start with that kind of stuff.

What size of battery/invertor do you guys have, what kind of things can you run off a full battery and for how long? Im mainly looking to run chargers and maybe a couple lights.

#21 ·
I thought the the same thing about the inverter and battery until I used one. A 1000 wat inverter and a yellow top optima battery. Ran four lights no problem foe 15-20 hours on a charge. The problem if it was below 32deg no more power, some reason the inverter doesn't work.:furious:

#73 ·
Chop saw on top, Rousseau table saw stand below

Rigid saw stand, totes for cords & flashings & stuff, tool boxes for small tools, FIRST AID & FIRE EXTINGUISHER readily accessable

Cords on the doors, 200' hose reel, ladders & staging up top

Hardware store

Just my stuff
Tom,

Looks like Castro on the side of your trailer.

#27 ·
Cleve, YOU are friggin GENIUS!!! the side door I LOVE it, looks like we have about the same trailer, and the bin shelving occupying the side door is awsome. The amount of space I'm clearly not tapping into by working around the side door is going to be a major welcome. 2 questions What/where did you find the bin shelving that fits the door so perfectly, of did you make from scratch??
2: that location looks like it could be heavy(tounge weight) and imbalanced fishtailing at high speed, have you counter balanced with similar weight on other side??? genious:thumbup:

#28 ·
Thanks for the comments Bone Saw
I got the bins from a hardware store that was retooling. They sold me the old bins at $1 each with the compartment that houses the bins. I just made a wood box that fit inside the door opening and attached the containers to the box. Close the door and the bins stay put. Still have room on the door for flat stuff like the layout square & T squares. Inside the trailer, the back of that box is another wall for putting stuff. I hang my folding sawhorses off it.

Tongue weight schmung weight. I got so much weight all over that rig it all balances out. It rides great. I replaced the axle with a 6000 lb 6 lug after the original bent with so much weight. If I had to do over, I would go tandem.
But for $400 bucks, the new axle is awesome & I can get that rig into places you wouldn't believe!!!!!:thumbup: