Hitachi Gas Nailer - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Hitachi Gas Nailer

Old 11-14-2005, 06:37 PM   #1
carpenter and builder

Trade: carpenter and builder
Rewards Points: 150

Hitachi Gas Nailer

Just got myself a gas nailer and is seems good, its very similar to the paslode nailer. Have any of you guys any experience of how this nailer might be affected by cold weather, its just that sometimes it doesnt always fire as rapidly and consistently as at other times but it is getting colder here now down to maybe 5 deg C, would this have an effect ?

ps it doesn't need cleaning.

Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-14-2005, 08:15 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: General construction and remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,040

Re: Hitachi Gas Nailer

We've used our Paslodes year round for many years, and the simple anwser is yes, the gas charge is affected by cold temps. Mis fires or no fire are intermitten problems every once in awhile. Typically when they start acting up I'll pull a new cartridge out of the truck and exchange them and when the new cartridge acts up I'll switch them back.

Sounds like a hassle, but it's not that bad....ask me which I preffer in the cold winter months and I'll take the cordless anyday since they'll work without freezing up...very common problem with my hosed framing and roofing nailers.

Advertisement