Finally Got Me A Bandsaw

Old 06-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #1
Boondockian

Trade: Getting the job done
Rewards Points: 1,018

Finally Got Me A Bandsaw

It's a real fixer-upper.

Power King Model 910 I believe.

(3) 6" dia. wheels with a 64" blade. belt drive.

Torn down:
Captain Howdy: We must all go through a rite of passage, and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
Radical Basement Dweller

Trade: Whatever needs to be made or repaired
Rewards Points: 7,706

Re: Finally Got Me A Bandsaw

Good luck.

I inherited my father's 3 wheel Delta. It's nicknamed the "blade-eater". I replaced the tires and have it so it tracks pretty well don't use it that much as I don't trust it. It scares the b'jesus out of you when a blade tracks off.

Advertisement

Mark Twain
Old 06-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #3
Wood Craftsman

Trade: High End Remodeling & Refurbishing
Rewards Points: 4,642
Arrow

Neat little BS..... don't expect a lot out of that saw...it has some limitations, as I am sure you already know about.

If you ever want to move up....there are some incredible deals out there for some serious OWWM.

http://www.owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=161959
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #4
Boondockian

Trade: Getting the job done
Rewards Points: 1,018

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeR&D View Post
Neat little BS..... don't expect a lot out of that saw...it has some limitations, as I am sure you already know about.

If you ever want to move up....there are some incredible deals out there for some serious OWWM.

http://www.owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=161959
I don't current;y have ths space for anything bigger. Honestly, I don't have the space for this. My shop is a tiny 8x10 shed. I'm planning a yard sale since I have a lot of misc stuff I'll never use. I also can't see why I'll ever need 5 tablesaws(4 Craftsman King-Seeley's, and a Craftsman Emerson A Model 80 and a Model 60 I'm planning on keeping as well as 2 smaller ones I'll probably part with as well as the Emerson.)

If by limitations, you mean breaking blades, I'm hoping to overcome that by uising the Supercut "three wheeler" blades.

Today's restoration pictures.

base and arm reunited, haven't finished painting the inside as I ran out of the rust converter I use as primer on cast Iron(Rustoleum Rust converter, painted a truck frame with it 2 years ago and its say outside with no rust since then)

arm painted, still need some touchup on the stripes.

Old and new

a little wear on the drive shaft
Captain Howdy: We must all go through a rite of passage, and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dustincoc For This Useful Post:
PrestigeR&D (06-08-2015), Robie (06-07-2015)