Festool Planex Easy - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Festool Planex Easy

Old 04-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: painting and carpentry
Rewards Points: 187

Festool Planex Easy

I do alot of plaster and drywall repairs and hate sanding. It's especially bad when I repair ceilings. I have used sanding pads that connect to a Shop vac, but it just makes it difficult to sand with the hose and suction. It's almost dust free, but physically harder. I have my eyes on the Festool planex easy at Sherwin Williams. $750 for just the pole sander. I have a CT mini dust extractor already which should be sufficient for occasional use with the sander. Is it really as good as it looks? I don't mind spending money on something that would make my job easier.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-20-2019, 10:06 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 3,126

Re: Festool Planex Easy

I have the original Planex, works really well. I have never used the Easy.

Tom

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 12:22 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: General Remodeling
Rewards Points: 294

I have the original Planex as well. We use it for drywall sanding, sanding oil primer after stripping wall paper, and sanding after priming bare drywall. It works very well and much faster than manual sanding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 06:40 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Home improvement of all types
Rewards Points: 1,800

Get the planex, it will be the best $750 you ever spent . You will wonder how you ever did without it .

I donít have a planex, I have a porter cable , when it finally dies I will go straight to my supply house and buy the planex. The planex has advantages over the porter cable like weight , adjustable length ,and the ability to sand to a corner

There is a bit of a learning curve with a power sander for drywall, they can remove a lot of material fast . Just like any sander , keep it moving , donít stay in one spot . Start on the lowest speed until you get a feel for the tool and donít use too course of a paper.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: Painting and wallpaper
Rewards Points: 2,784

I have the original Planex and use it for drywall repairs and painting prep, I have mine matched to the CT 26 vac. I love the set up and wonder how I ever worked without it. We are totally dust free and my customers appreciate it.
I am unfamiliar with the Planex Easy but be sure to compare it to the Planex so you know what you are getting.
For small drywall repairs we sand with a Festool 5" orbital sander attached the the Midi vac, again a great set up for us.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: Painting and wallpaper
Rewards Points: 2,784

I should have added that we also sand off texture ceilings with the Planex, dust free. Something that we find ourselves doing more off these days. As others said there is a learning curve and sanding a ceiling you will know you done something.
Also make sure you get the correct vac hose to hook up the Planex, and it's not cheap.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:58 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: Custom
Rewards Points: 33,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale rex View Post
I do alot of plaster and drywall repairs and hate sanding. It's especially bad when I repair ceilings. I have used sanding pads that connect to a Shop vac, but it just makes it difficult to sand with the hose and suction. It's almost dust free, but physically harder. I have my eyes on the Festool planex easy at Sherwin Williams. $750 for just the pole sander. I have a CT mini dust extractor already which should be sufficient for occasional use with the sander. Is it really as good as it looks? I don't mind spending money on something that would make my job easier.
This review pretty much sums it up...

Last edited by KAP; 04-21-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:09 PM   #8
Pro

Rewards Points: 3,024

I have a planex easy and have no problems with it, it is fixed length so only really good for 8' or so ceilings

-Rich
Old 04-24-2019, 02:54 PM   #9
Pro

Rewards Points: 3,126

http://festoolownersgroup.com/classifieds/for-sale-planex-easy-lhs-e225-$650/msg577785/?topicseen#msg577785

Tom

Advertisement