Festool Fan Club Thread - Page 59 - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Festool Fan Club Thread

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #1161
Pro
 
skillman's Avatar
 
Trade: General Contractor
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 2,859
Rewards Points: 1,968

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by OilfieldCowboy
Does this qualify me to join the Fan Club?
What's in the box's on top of vacuum . Can't see which ones .
skillman is offline  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 09-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #1162
Pro
 
john27's Avatar
 
Trade: carpenter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: uk
Posts: 139
Rewards Points: 103

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


A new toy


John
Attached Thumbnails
Festool fan club thread-image-2322653096.jpg  
john27 is offline  
Old 09-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #1163
Pro
 
Brian Peters's Avatar
 
Trade: remodeling and some new construction
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 1,427
Rewards Points: 972

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by john27 View Post
A new toy

John
I suppose we North Americans will just have to wait....
Brian Peters is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #1164
Pro
 
BCConstruction's Avatar
 
Trade: Construction
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 16,392
Rewards Points: 2,394

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Peters

I suppose we North Americans will just have to wait....
Yeah and wait a long time.
__________________
www.bcconstructionllc.com
BCConstruction is offline  
Old 09-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #1165
Pro
 
Northwood's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpentry
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver,B.C.
Posts: 373
Rewards Points: 266

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Very jealous. There are a few new festools (protools) that I'd like. Wonder how long we will have to wait.

Hey john can you give us a quick review once you've used it? Thanks
Northwood is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #1166
New Guy
 
OilfieldCowboy's Avatar
 
Trade: Industrial/Oilfield Contractor
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UT/WY
Posts: 27
Rewards Points: 14

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by skillman View Post
What's in the box's on top of vacuum . Can't see which ones .
TS55, track accessories, and cleaning attachments.
OilfieldCowboy is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to OilfieldCowboy For This Useful Post:
skillman (09-23-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #1167
Pro
 
john27's Avatar
 
Trade: carpenter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: uk
Posts: 139
Rewards Points: 103

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood
Very jealous. There are a few new festools (protools) that I'd like. Wonder how long we will have to wait. Hey john can you give us a quick review once you've used it? Thanks
Will do..

John..
john27 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to john27 For This Useful Post:
Rich D. (09-25-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #1168
Pro
 
Northwood's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpentry
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver,B.C.
Posts: 373
Rewards Points: 266

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Well, while you're at it you may as well pick yourself up the new pdc 18 and put it through its paces...
Northwood is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #1169
Pro
 
john27's Avatar
 
Trade: carpenter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: uk
Posts: 139
Rewards Points: 103

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood View Post
Well, while you're at it you may as well pick yourself up the new pdc 18 and put it through its paces...
I have already ordered the DRC 18 (I sent the T-18 back) it should be here in the next couple of days. .
I don't need the hammer function as I use a Hilti cordless sds.
Im thinking of putting 2 of the 4.2ah batteries and charger on eBay

John..
john27 is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #1170
Pro
 
BCConstruction's Avatar
 
Trade: Construction
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 16,392
Rewards Points: 2,394

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood
Well, while you're at it you may as well pick yourself up the new pdc 18 and put it through its paces...
That's the model my Familey are sending over. I'm in need of a nice cordless drill as my Makita is on its way out. I ain't used the hammer function a lot but it has saved me pulling out the larger tools to drill just a couple of holes.
__________________
www.bcconstructionllc.com
BCConstruction is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #1171
Pro
 
john27's Avatar
 
Trade: carpenter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: uk
Posts: 139
Rewards Points: 103

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by BCConstruction View Post
That's the model my Familey are sending over. I'm in need of a nice cordless drill as my Makita is on its way out. I ain't used the hammer function a lot but it has saved me pulling out the larger tools to drill just a couple of holes.
i was going to get the pdc but got this info from the Fog,

john I would think twice about the pdc,when I was considering which of the protool models to get(pdc or drc) I was advised that the pdc made a very annoying whining noise when drilling, also that the hammer action on the pdc meant that there was play in the chuck and that the pdc is also a little longer and not as balanced,this advice was given by someone who has had experience with both drills, probably the number of times you would use the hammer mode would be small anyway,i could definitely recommend the drc,its the best(18v) drill that I have had.

John
john27 is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #1172
Pro
 
BCConstruction's Avatar
 
Trade: Construction
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 16,392
Rewards Points: 2,394

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by john27

i was going to get the pdc but got this info from the Fog,

john I would think twice about the pdc,when I was considering which of the protool models to get(pdc or drc) I was advised that the pdc made a very annoying whining noise when drilling, also that the hammer action on the pdc meant that there was play in the chuck and that the pdc is also a little longer and not as balanced,this advice was given by someone who has had experience with both drills, probably the number of times you would use the hammer mode would be small anyway,i could definitely recommend the drc,its the best(18v) drill that I have had.

John
Well that decides that then DRC it is.

Thanks John that's handy to know as I can't test it in person and my brother ain't got a clue so I don't trust him.
__________________
www.bcconstructionllc.com
BCConstruction is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BCConstruction For This Useful Post:
john27 (09-24-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #1173
Pro
 
Tylerwalker32's Avatar
 
Trade: General contractor
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,217
Rewards Points: 1,844

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Looking at getting the older model top handle festool jigsaw, a local here is selling one for 125. This a good deal? How's the saw?
Tylerwalker32 is offline  
Old 09-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #1174
Pro
 
Brian Peters's Avatar
 
Trade: remodeling and some new construction
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 1,427
Rewards Points: 972

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerwalker32 View Post
Looking at getting the older model top handle festool jigsaw, a local here is selling one for 125. This a good deal? How's the saw?
If it's in good condition that's a great deal!
Brian Peters is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #1175
pro
 
country_huck's Avatar
 
Trade: Capenter/ Remodeler
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 850
Rewards Points: 768

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Just got in my CT36AC I purchased this threw amazon and when it arrived one of the latches was broken. Do they make replacement latches or do I need to send it back.

Do I need to deal with festool or amazon, ups. Not sure never had anything broken in shipping, plus I need this thing on Tuesday.
__________________
Nathaniel Huckins (huck)
Facebook
country_huck is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #1176
Pro
 
BlueRidgeGreen's Avatar
 
Trade: Craftsman
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middlebrook, Va
Posts: 2,844
Rewards Points: 4,078

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by country_huck View Post
Just got in my CT36AC I purchased this threw amazon and when it arrived one of the latches was broken. Do they make replacement latches or do I need to send it back.

Do I need to deal with festool or amazon, ups. Not sure never had anything broken in shipping, plus I need this thing on Tuesday.
If it were me, I'd throw some tape on it for Tues. and then deal with the "who" on Wed.

My Festool dealer would be shipping me another one 2 and 1/2 minutes after I called him. I've never even dealt with anyone at Festool HQ.

Steven @ Tool Town for your next one.
__________________
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty". Thomas Jefferson
BlueRidgeGreen is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRidgeGreen For This Useful Post:
country_huck (09-27-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #1177
Pro
 
tjbnwi's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cedar Tucky, Indiana
Posts: 10,101
Rewards Points: 4,638

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by country_huck View Post
Just got in my CT36AC I purchased this threw amazon and when it arrived one of the latches was broken. Do they make replacement latches or do I need to send it back.

Do I need to deal with festool or amazon, ups. Not sure never had anything broken in shipping, plus I need this thing on Tuesday.
The phone number should be on the unit. 800-554-8741 will get you to the service department. Make sure you have the serial number when you call.

You guys need to stop buying Festools through Amazon. You don't save any money and you would have had a contact to call.

Tom
tjbnwi is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #1178
Pro
 
tjbnwi's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cedar Tucky, Indiana
Posts: 10,101
Rewards Points: 4,638

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


With the unit running you can lift the unit off the ground with no latches. Just be careful moving it.

I order my Festools from Tom at Tool Home, I get them in 2 days if I order before noon. You being closer, it may be 1 day.

https://www.tool-home.com

Tom

Last edited by tjbnwi; 09-27-2013 at 08:16 PM.
tjbnwi is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #1179
pro
 
country_huck's Avatar
 
Trade: Capenter/ Remodeler
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 850
Rewards Points: 768

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbnwi
The phone number should be on the unit. 800-554-8741 will get you to the service department. Make sure you have the serial number when you call. You guys need to stop buying Festools through Amazon. You don't save any money and you would have had a contact to call. Tom
I know now
__________________
Nathaniel Huckins (huck)
Facebook
country_huck is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #1180
Pro
 
tjbnwi's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cedar Tucky, Indiana
Posts: 10,101
Rewards Points: 4,638

Re: Festool Fan Club Thread


When ever you need parts or service you have to speak to the service department first. They figure out what you need, verify stock then transfer you to a CSR to finalize the order.

You need a 496262 clamp. It is item #41 in the Ekat for the CT36AC.

Let them know it was received damaged. It will be up to them how they handle it. It does not appear hard to change.

Use the CT until you speak to them. You won't hurt it.

Mine showed up without the motor housing seal, imagine the mess when I started sanding drywall. I sent it in, they replace everything in the top end, one week it was back to me.
Tom

Advertisement


Last edited by tjbnwi; 09-27-2013 at 08:39 PM.
tjbnwi is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to tjbnwi For This Useful Post:
country_huck (09-27-2013)


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jigsaws...Bosch vs Festool jdeck Tools & Equipment 35 02-23-2016 08:43 PM
Fine Finish w/o Festool basswood Finish Carpentry 78 02-04-2013 08:32 AM
festool Planex and cleantex BCConstruction Tools & Equipment 10 05-11-2012 06:56 AM
Finally met Festool! Knighton Finish Carpentry 13 05-15-2010 07:41 AM
Festool john5mt Tools & Equipment 2 04-08-2010 10:16 PM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?