Ermator A600 - Tools & Equipment - Contractor Talk

Ermator A600

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
Remodeling GC
 
kevjob's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling General Contractor
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,725
Thumbs up

Ermator A600


Amazon has the Ermator A600 for $632.00 with free shipping and if you sign up for Amazon prime rewards Visa you get $70.00 gift card plus 5% back on prime purchases

I just purchased this as I need another one for larger jobs, I bought my other one for $685.00 ish on sale around end of year 2015 about 18 months ago and couldn't be happier with it, especially in conjunction with fastcap magentic door and zipwalls with plastic.

https://www.amazon.com/Pullman-Ermat.../dp/B01LZ43WXE

Last edited by kevjob; 06-04-2017 at 02:22 PM.
kevjob is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to kevjob For This Useful Post:
charimon (06-04-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 06-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
Pro
 
charimon's Avatar
 
Trade: Tile and Tool junkie
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 1,857
Rewards Points: 1,168

Re: Ermator A600


That is an excellent price. thanks for the heads up

Advertisement

charimon is offline  
Old 06-05-2017, 08:30 AM   #3
Pro
 
DaVinciRemodel's Avatar
 
Trade: Design/Build Remodeler
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,707
Rewards Points: 930

Re: Ermator A600


Thanks Kevin! Now Iíve got 3 of the damn things!
__________________
I love what I do and I'm very good at it!

Da Vinci on the web or Da Vinci On Facebook
DaVinciRemodel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #4
Contractor of the Month
 
Inner10's Avatar
 
Trade: Control Systems
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 25,823
Rewards Points: 4,368

Re: Ermator A600


Are these superior to the build clean thing-a-ma-gig?
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Inner10 For This Useful Post: Leo G
Inner10 is offline  
Old 06-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #5
Pro
 
The.Handyman's Avatar
 
Trade: Finish Carpentry-Remodeling-Custom Furniture
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 186
Rewards Points: 400

Re: Ermator A600


Can the Ermator filter be replaced with an aftermarket cheaper HEPA filter? Factory filter is $150, ooph.

I see the size is 12x12x4, just not sure with how the factory filter looks.
The.Handyman is offline  
Old 06-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #6
Remodeling GC
 
kevjob's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling General Contractor
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,725

Re: Ermator A600


Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner10 View Post
Are these superior to the build clean thing-a-ma-gig?
Superior, not sure, half the cost yes. As I mentioned I have used mine for 18 months with zero complaints but I can't compare the two.
kevjob is offline  
Old 06-05-2017, 12:57 PM   #7
Pro
 
The.Handyman's Avatar
 
Trade: Finish Carpentry-Remodeling-Custom Furniture
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 186
Rewards Points: 400

Re: Ermator A600


Just bought an Ermator A600 off eBay for $320! Score!

Looks in great shape, 1941 hours on the clock, HEPA filter included, but it is missing pre-filter and plastic shield for pre-filter.
The.Handyman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to The.Handyman For This Useful Post:
charimon (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #8
Pro
 
tjbnwi's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cedar Tucky, Indiana
Posts: 10,130
Rewards Points: 40

Re: Ermator A600


Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner10 View Post
Are these superior to the build clean thing-a-ma-gig?
The advantages I see to the Build Clean is it draws all around and has an auto mode.

Looks like the Ermator draws from one face only, two speed only according to the specs.

Tom
tjbnwi is offline  
Old 06-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #9
Pro
 
charimon's Avatar
 
Trade: Tile and Tool junkie
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 1,857
Rewards Points: 1,168

Re: Ermator A600


Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbnwi View Post
The advantages I see to the Build Clean is it draws all around and has an auto mode.

Looks like the Ermator draws from one face only, two speed only according to the specs.

Tom
That is not as advantageous as you may think Tom.

The Build clean is larger, The filter can be damaged from any side, together this makes the Buildclean much harder to store in a truck or trailer between uses.

The 360 draw also makes it difficult to place in wall which is a very simple and effective method of deployment(see pic).

Concerning the fan speed. In use there are only 2 speeds needed, full on while active and quiet running to further clean any particles after you have left. this is even more the case when you use it in a neg pressure application. I got rid of my dri eaz 500 and haven't looked back
Attached Thumbnails
Ermator A600-capture.png  
charimon is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charimon For This Useful Post:
The.Handyman (06-06-2017), Wile E Coyote (06-22-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 11:56 PM   #10
Pro
 
tjbnwi's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cedar Tucky, Indiana
Posts: 10,130
Rewards Points: 40

Re: Ermator A600


Quote:
Originally Posted by charimon View Post
That is not as advantageous as you may think Tom.

The Build clean is larger, The filter can be damaged from any side, together this makes the Buildclean much harder to store in a truck or trailer between uses.

The 360 draw also makes it difficult to place in wall which is a very simple and effective method of deployment(see pic).

Concerning the fan speed. In use there are only 2 speeds needed, full on while active and quiet running to further clean any particles after you have left. this is even more the case when you use it in a neg pressure application. I got rid of my dri eaz 500 and haven't looked back
Thank you for the info/input.

Tom
tjbnwi is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #11
Pro
 
tjbnwi's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cedar Tucky, Indiana
Posts: 10,130
Rewards Points: 40

Re: Ermator A600


Charimon, I need to steal your photo. I'll make sure to credit you for it.

Thanks

Tom

Last edited by tjbnwi; 01-20-2018 at 05:14 PM.
tjbnwi is offline  
Old 01-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #12
Pro
 
tjbnwi's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cedar Tucky, Indiana
Posts: 10,130
Rewards Points: 40

Re: Ermator A600


If anyone is interested in a Build Clean they're having a sale through 12/31/2018, code is IBS18.

Tom
tjbnwi is offline  
Old 06-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #13
Pro
 
Mr_Stop's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 177
Rewards Points: 438

Re: Ermator A600


I'm about to pick one of these up. For those of you with the A600, what are you using for a hose to blow the exhaust out a door or window?
Mr_Stop is offline  
Old 06-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #14
Pro
 
The.Handyman's Avatar
 
Trade: Finish Carpentry-Remodeling-Custom Furniture
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 186
Rewards Points: 400

Re: Ermator A600


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Stop View Post
I'm about to pick one of these up. For those of you with the A600, what are you using for a hose to blow the exhaust out a door or window?
Grabbed a hose off Amazon for $60. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The.Handyman is offline  
Old 06-17-2018, 11:52 AM   #15
Pro
 
Mr_Stop's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 177
Rewards Points: 438

Re: Ermator A600


Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Handyman View Post
Grabbed a hose off Amazon for $60. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Do you recall which one you got? So far, in regards to inexpensive-ish options, I have found the following:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...3B1S88XD&psc=1

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...0301_200660301
How important is a ducting outside with an air scrubber? Is it really necessary if I'm capturing nearly all the dust from demo & construction (mostly bathrooms and kitchens at this point)?

Last edited by Mr_Stop; 06-17-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Mr_Stop is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 03:36 PM   #16
Pro
 
Mr_Stop's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 177
Rewards Points: 438

Re: Ermator A600


FYI - Just placed an order for the Husqvarna A600 through Zoro.com. Apparently, Husqvarna bought out Ermator-Pullman last year. Any price is $591.20+tax and free shipping with promo code SUMMERHEAT through June 25.



https://www.zoro.com/husqvarna-porta...00/i/G9201145/
Mr_Stop is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #17
Pro
 
The.Handyman's Avatar
 
Trade: Finish Carpentry-Remodeling-Custom Furniture
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 186
Rewards Points: 400

Re: Ermator A600


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Stop View Post
FYI - Just placed an order for the Husqvarna A600 through Zoro.com. Apparently, Husqvarna bought out Ermator-Pullman last year. Any price is $591.20+tax and free shipping with promo code SUMMERHEAT through June 25.



https://www.zoro.com/husqvarna-porta...00/i/G9201145/
Not bad at all. Yes, Husqvarna bought out Pullman-Holt a little over 18 months ago.

Great buy. I love my A600. Just bought a new HEPA filter through Acme Tools for $130.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The.Handyman is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 03:43 PM   #18
Pro
 
The.Handyman's Avatar
 
Trade: Finish Carpentry-Remodeling-Custom Furniture
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 186
Rewards Points: 400

Re: Ermator A600


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Stop View Post
Do you recall which one you got? So far, in regards to inexpensive-ish options, I have found the following:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...3B1S88XD&psc=1

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...0301_200660301
How important is a ducting outside with an air scrubber? Is it really necessary if I'm capturing nearly all the dust from demo & construction (mostly bathrooms and kitchens at this point)?
I bought the 1st link, Maxair but mine is red. It's been great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Advertisement

The.Handyman is offline  


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?