Sealing Up Mansard Roof Eaves To Create Thermal Break - Construction - Contractor Talk

Sealing Up Mansard Roof Eaves To Create Thermal Break

Old 02-11-2020, 09:03 AM   #1

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 4

Sealing Up Mansard Roof Eaves To Create Thermal Break

I am working on a job and we need to seal the existing rebuilt eaves of a mansard roof prior to insulating the wall cavities. We essentially need to create an airtight thermal break so that we do not insulate inside the eaves cavity and create and ice damming issue. Aside from scabbing on 2x4’s blocks and cutting small pieces of plywood sections to fill the gap, do you have any other ideas that maybe easier to accomplish and provide a better seal?

FYI, We will be insulating with closed cell spray foam.
Attached Thumbnails
Sealing up Mansard Roof Eaves to create thermal break-648d50f4-9ada-45f5-b0f5-3e0fd3492227_1581429753339.jpeg   Sealing up Mansard Roof Eaves to create thermal break-6418feb8-26df-4142-95d5-a8f4c467d2cc_1581429809805.jpeg  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement