Putting A Shied Up ( Drainage ) - Construction - Contractor Talk

Putting A Shied Up ( Drainage )

Old 09-03-2007, 07:18 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Putting A Shied Up ( Drainage )

In a few weeks I will be putting a 13' X 15' shied up, but before it goes up I need to put a base of stone for drainage under it. In heavier rains water stands under the old shield. I need to address this problem for this is where the new one is going. It is on a slight slop with a hill behind it, yes it is getting hit by 2 direction so I would like to put a 6 inch base under it.

If you can gave me some advice on how to do this it would be very helpful.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Contractor

Trade: Excavation, Foundation, Concrete
Rewards Points: 1,302

Re: Putting A Shied Up ( Drainage )

If this area is on a slope as you say, could you cut the area level, fill with six inches or so of stone, and bed a perforated pipe in the stone, then trench that pipe to daylight?

That is the approach I would take.

Advertisement

www.gebcon.com