The Foundation For My House - Construction - Contractor Talk

The Foundation For My House

Old 08-30-2006, 03:06 AM   #1

The Foundation For My House

Hi everyone, I apologize if this is the wrong place but I have a question I really need help with.

Back in March we had a fire that destroyed our home and ever since then we've been waiting to have another one built so we can return. They've got a modular home built for us, and also we're adding another so it'll be like a giant duplex with the second half being for my sister. This is what it's supposed to look like. (approximatly) just copy and paste these urls in to your browser, I didn't feel like making 10 spam posts on your board to get by the can't post url issue.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/TrickyNinja/Blueprint.png

Notice how it's all level, also there is supposed to be a basement under each side that we can stand up and walk around in.

Now, I went down to view the construction of the foundation today and it seemed very stange to me given the specifications above, this is what it looked like.

Side

img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/TrickyNinja/side.png

img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/TrickyNinja/top.png

Please forgive my crappy artistic ability.

The black parts are the walls and the red parts are these ends of screws type things, like the end you screw in to something. On the top view the grey lines are where the sections meet.

Now given this foundation, and the fact that the house is supposed to be level I can't understand how they're going to do it. The only thing I can think of is they're going to place some kind of bracket on top of the foundation and then put the house on it to level it. But if that's the case which side would it be level to?

There are two streets (one on the left and one on the right sides of the side view, top and bottom on the top view) and the first one (right/bottom) is higher up than the 2nd one, so if it was level with the right on the side view then the left side would have to climb a ladder to get in the house and if it was level with the left side we'd have to be 2 feet tall to walk around our basement.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows this type of setup and can explain what the heck they're doing. My sister who's handling the whole thing keeps asking but the guy she's dealing with is a real a-hole.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated it's been almost 6 months now and I just want to freakin go home.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2006, 07:13 AM   #2
Back from the dead...

Trade: Paperhanger/Painter
Rewards Points: 7,510

Re: The Foundation For My House

Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYRepair.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYRepair.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Advertisement