Tilt/turn With Steel Buck - Windows, Siding and Doors - Contractor Talk

Tilt/turn With Steel Buck

Old 03-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: a little bit of everything, roofing, windows, doors, kitchen & bath remodels
Rewards Points: 244

Tilt/turn With Steel Buck

I am looking for a tilt/turn window for an egress window, that is the easy part, the difficult portion is one that is compatible with a poured in place steel buck. I am located in a very rural area, making this hard to find, no local supplier can source me anything. I would appreciate any input.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,498

Re: Tilt/turn With Steel Buck

Marvin windows has a tilt/turn that can be custom sized.

I'm guessing you're in NW Kansas?

PLenty of Places in Colorado that could order it in for you.

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: a little bit of everything, roofing, windows, doors, kitchen & bath remodels

Correct finding a window is NOT the issue there are lots of companies that make them. Trying to find one that is computable with a steel buck has been the struggle. You have any suggestions on who to call in Colorado? Not familiar with any resources out there, tried calling a few places but no luck. That is how this whole search started was a home show in Denver but that company doesn’t offer a Steel buck for any of their windows!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
Pro

Are you referring to an existing opening that is a steel frame cast into concrete?
What year was the house built?
When you say steel buck I think of either the old fashioned steel windows from the 50's or the newer Hollow metal frame style.
The newer style could be a 4ft x 4ft steel frame cast in place with a vinyl or aluminum insert that is the actual window.
What size opening are you dealing with?

Pictures would help.
I can't remember if Marvins tilt turns have the capacity to be screwed through the jamb.

Signature windows in Denver could likely help you out over the phone.

https://signaturewindows.co/
Old 03-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #5
Pro

This isn't a tilt-turn window, but it may be useful in your situation.

https://www.egresswindows.com/catego...ss-window-kits

I've never seen one of these in real life, but if anyone on here has, I'd like to hear about it.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:52 PM   #6
Pro

Sorry I should have explained a little better what I am doing. In order to keep lumber from below grade I have been using a hollow steel buck that is used in a poured basement in a remodel situation. I take and cut a rough opening and then set the metal buck and form it up and pour it in place. So this is customer dependent on the size that is installed, this particular one is 4’x4’. I have had really good success doing it this way. The tilt/turn has been a monkey wrench this time. Thanks for the website will follow up.

Advertisement