Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

You might think this is funny...

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  bert0168 
#1 ·
I was sheet rocking a commercial building a few years ago and after a few 4x10 sheets I'd have to add a stud there after for about a 100' per room.

I looked at the GC one day and just said " is your framing crew stupid? " Now they are his own guys so he defended them and said what... you don't see that it's 16" from stud to stud.... as the bone head looked at 16" on the tape and went from stud to stud... funny :censored:ing guy.

I pulled the tape from the second stud and went down as far as I could with my 30'... he didn't say much after that...

I asked him how long he'd been GCing, he said his paint business went so well why not go out and GC.

???...???...:no:... Needless to say that was the last job I did with him.

#9 ·
I'm sorry...

To clarify, he took the tape measure and pulled 16" and went to each gap and read about 16 in stead of pulling from the beginning of the wall like you would a lay out... I had to put the sheets vertical and not one time did I find 4'. This guy was a paint salesman running a million + dollar project. I just don't understand how someone can take on a project that large and not know basics as simple as pulling a layout on a wall... the job took forever.

#10 ·
To clarify, he took the tape measure and pulled 16" and went to each gap and read about 16 in stead of pulling from the beginning of the wall like you would a lay out... I had to put the sheets vertical and not one time did I find 4'. This guy was a paint salesman running a million + dollar project. I just don't understand how someone can take on a project that large and not know basics as simple as pulling a layout on a wall... the job took forever.
Even if he laid them out right you would be cutting every sheet anyway using 10' sheets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.