Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Special slide hardware

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Leo G 
#1 ·
I want to build a box for my grandmother in law to go under her washer and dryer. She has a very bad back and it pains her to bend down to do laundry (front load machines).

Anyway I was thinking of trying to find some sort of slide that would slide out and swing up so she could use those drawers without thinking about how painful it would be to use them.

I have searched through a ton of pages but not sure if such an animal exists.

Thanks guys.

#6 ·
Yes I have found many of those.

But as Leo mentioned, one would need a tall cabinet to use it. With out taking any measurements yet, I am thinking the box to be in between 14" -16" tall. That might even be too tall.

The box is a necessity, but the drawers are my idea. In the end they would defeat the purpose of lifting the machines in the fist place because she would have to bend over quite a bit to use the drawers.

#5 ·
Never heard of such a creature.

The mixer lift needs a pretty tall cabinet to work.

#7 ·
If you want her to have nice drawers just build a set that can be near the W&D. I know that the space is available with the box, but as you mentioned it isn't going to do her much good if she needs to be in pain to use them.

Nice thought, to bad the hardware hasn't been invented or isn't mainstream yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.