Ufc ?

Old 07-11-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Carpentry/Exterior Renovations
Rewards Points: 46

Ufc ?

Anybody watching?

Title fight was bananas.

Hoping the Irish fella takes it on the chin, too brash for me.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
Paul

Trade: Hard Surface Flooring
Rewards Points: 1,004

Re: Ufc ?

That Lawler - Macdonald fight was insane. One of, if not the best mma fight I've ever seen. Also, McGregor is the real deal. He talks a ton of trash but at the end of the day, it helps the entire sport as far as promotion goes. Ali set the bar for that kind of thing. Make people love you or hate you. Either way they buy tickets to see you fight. If you can put on performances to match it, it doesn't even matter if you hold a belt or lose a few - you'll still maximize your earning potential as a fighter. These guys have a limited window to make money fighting. It's a business decision. Surprises me more people don't realize that is what all the "brashness" is about. If he was humble, quiet, and respectful he would have never gotten a title shot

Advertisement

Installation, Sales & Repair - "We do it right the FIRST time"
The Following User Says Thank You to PrecisionFloors For This Useful Post:
SmallTownGuy (07-12-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #3
Punching above his weight

Trade: Gun for hire.
Rewards Points: 13,002

He takes a really good punch too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2015, 11:36 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Carpentry/Exterior Renovations
Rewards Points: 46

Yeah, can't deny the Irish fella, he was talking to the guy while he's on top of him punching him in the face. Got up cool as can be and just punched him out.
His punches are just ridiculously smooth and accurate, when guys are that good and make it look soo easy, just wanna see him tested and he showed up.

Co main event was definitely one of the best fights I've watched. Lawler is just great, dude just loves a fight .

I don't buy too many of the PPV , got my money's worth outta that on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ohteah For This Useful Post:
PrecisionFloors (07-13-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #5
spazman

Trade: floorcovering installer
Rewards Points: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionFloors View Post
That Lawler - Macdonald fight was insane. One of, if not the best mma fight I've ever seen. Also, McGregor is the real deal. He talks a ton of trash but at the end of the day, it helps the entire sport as far as promotion goes. Ali set the bar for that kind of thing. Make people love you or hate you. Either way they buy tickets to see you fight. If you can put on performances to match it, it doesn't even matter if you hold a belt or lose a few - you'll still maximize your earning potential as a fighter. These guys have a limited window to make money fighting. It's a business decision. Surprises me more people don't realize that is what all the "brashness" is about. If he was humble, quiet, and respectful he would have never gotten a title shot
It worked for Chael Sonnen. How many title shots did he get? Seems like it was 3 or 4 and it was mostly because he was really good at talking trash.
The Following User Says Thank You to spazman For This Useful Post:
PrecisionFloors (07-13-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 04:58 PM   #6
Wormdrive Operator

Trade: Contractor
Rewards Points: 6,882

I watched a lot of it as a teenager/young man. As I get older (only 29 still).. I find myself getting more like my father. More peaceful, wanting less violence. I'm less interested in watching grown men punch each other for entertainment these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_d For This Useful Post:
aptpupil (07-12-2015)
Old 07-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #7

Trade: Electrician
Rewards Points: 66

Best PPV by far. Rory is a beast as well as Robbie! Admittingly, wanted Conner to get KO because of being so cocky but respect for finishing.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:30 PM   #8
Paul

Trade: Hard Surface Flooring
Rewards Points: 1,004

I just finished watching it again. I do that sometimes on really good fights to see if I see anything differently when the hype and excitement of the fights aren't there. Looking back at the Lawler - McDonald fight I had it 3 rounds to one for McDonald the first time but watching it again, that fight was dead even going into the 5th.

I also think Herb Dean possibly stopped the McGregor - Mendes fight a touch early. That combo definitely dropped him but, considering the round was literally over and Mendes covered up he could have easily let it go.

I know fighter safety and all, but he wasn't in danger simply because the bell was coming in a few seconds. My opinion a title fight between veterans and you let that one see another round. That being said, I think the outcome would have been the same.

Advertisement

Installation, Sales & Repair - "We do it right the FIRST time"