Things I Hate - Page 47 - Off Topic (Non Trade) - Contractor Talk

Things I Hate

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #921
carpenter jr
 
Carpenter eyes's Avatar
 
Trade: how hard can it be?!
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: scranton, pa
Posts: 994
Rewards Points: 500

Re: Things I Hate


Today i hate working with no raido, all by myself. I have an entire floor to myself
__________________
i cut this thing 3 times and its still too short!!
Carpenter eyes is offline  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 06-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #922
Pro
 
steex's Avatar
 
Trade: repair and remodeling
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 541
Rewards Points: 510

Re: Things I Hate


Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter eyes View Post
Im the only guy i know in my area with a wormdrive
The good thing about that is nobody will ever try to borrow your saw.
steex is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #923
Wood Craftsman
 
PrestigeR&D's Avatar
 
Trade: High End Remodeling & Refurbishing
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7,324
Rewards Points: 4,642
Arrow

Re: Things I Hate


Take a guess.......



B,
PrestigeR&D is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #924
Member
 
Katatonic's Avatar
 
Trade: Painting
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hercules, ca
Posts: 62
Rewards Points: 87

Re: Things I Hate


I hate having a 36 year-old body, with the back of a 65 year old and physical drive of a 24 year-old.

(And the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy)
Katatonic is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Katatonic For This Useful Post:
A&E Exteriors (06-27-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #925
carpenter jr
 
Carpenter eyes's Avatar
 
Trade: how hard can it be?!
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: scranton, pa
Posts: 994
Rewards Points: 500

Re: Things I Hate


Quote:
Originally Posted by steex View Post

The good thing about that is nobody will ever try to borrow your saw.
Exactly
__________________
i cut this thing 3 times and its still too short!!
Carpenter eyes is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #926
Pro
 
dom-mas's Avatar
 
Trade: masonry
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 8,133
Rewards Points: 626

Re: Things I Hate


Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter eyes View Post
Today i hate working with no raido, all by myself. I have an entire floor to myself
My old partner hated my favourite radio station (oldies) and i hated his (alternative) so we settled on the "classic rock" station. When we stopped working together my first thought was "Oh good, I can listen to my own station" Turned it over and the first thing I heard was that by the end of the week the station was going to become "all news all the time"

Those 3 days were great tho
__________________
New & restoration masonry construction
www.dominionmasonry.ca
dom-mas is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #927
Forming and Framing
 
FramingPro's Avatar
 
Trade: Shell builder
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,273
Rewards Points: 3,582

Re: Things I Hate


I hate it when a brain dead labourer takes my "clean up the trowels" instructions and rather then pouring water from my jugs cleans the concrete into it.. "its still usable" yea bud you drink from it.
__________________
Im after fortune and frame

http://www.proicf.com
http://instagram.com/instagrauds
FramingPro is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #928
Member
 
#1 Handyman's Avatar
 
Trade: handyman do all
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 74
Rewards Points: 157

Re: Things I Hate


I hate it when things go to smooth, cuz then I know the sh** is about to hit the fan.
__________________
The older I get the better I was.
#1 Handyman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to #1 Handyman For This Useful Post:
A&E Exteriors (06-27-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #929
Joseph A. Capece
 
CENTERLINE MV's Avatar
 
Trade: Builder - General
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Martha's Vineyard, MA
Posts: 1,802
Rewards Points: 1,432

Re: Things I Hate


Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
I hate having a 36 year-old body, with the back of a 65 year old and physical drive of a 24 year-old.

(And the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy)
That couldn't hit closer to home for me, age and all.
__________________
Follow us on FACEBOOK
www.centerlinebuilders.net
Martha's Vineyard General Contractors - Builders -
Commercial/Residential - Additions - Renovations
CENTERLINE MV is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #930
carpenter jr
 
Carpenter eyes's Avatar
 
Trade: how hard can it be?!
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: scranton, pa
Posts: 994
Rewards Points: 500

Re: Things I Hate


Today i hate flooding. Every road i drove was eather to deep to try or shut down.

Only road to my house had about a foot of water and riseing. Had to drive in the middle of the road amd barly made it
__________________
i cut this thing 3 times and its still too short!!
Carpenter eyes is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #931
Pro
 
Dirtywhiteboy's Avatar
 
Trade: Home Framing- Roof Stacking
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu Oahu,Hawaii
Posts: 15,721
Rewards Points: 12,130

Re: Things I Hate


Today I hate going against Griz's sig. line
Been working on a 70yo house that is so rotted it needs to be burned down! I almost died on the roof many times today and don't think I'll go back for more!
__________________
I Have Done So Much With So Little For So Long, I Can Do Almost Anything With Nothing Now
Dirtywhiteboy is online now  
Old 06-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #932
Pro
 
CarpenterSFO's Avatar
 
Trade: GC
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 7,076
Rewards Points: 2,044

Re: Things I Hate


Quote:
Originally Posted by dom-mas View Post
My old partner hated my favourite radio station (oldies) and i hated his (alternative) so we settled on the "classic rock" station. When we stopped working together my first thought was "Oh good, I can listen to my own station" Turned it over and the first thing I heard was that by the end of the week the station was going to become "all news all the time"

Those 3 days were great tho
Back in the eighties my partner Don (rest his soul) chose the radio station. He always played an oldies station with a very short playlist. 25 years later I'm still fine if I never hear "Hot Rod Lincoln" ever again. He used to sing along with "One Toke Over the Line". Memories.
__________________
- Bob
CarpenterSFO is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CarpenterSFO For This Useful Post:
dom-mas (06-28-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #933
stacker of sticks
 
jlsconstruction's Avatar
 
Trade: home remodeling, new construction
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Auburn NY
Posts: 8,502
Rewards Points: 590

Re: Things I Hate


I need to finish siding a house tomorrow so I can build a deck Monday, I hate rain again

Things I Hate-forumrunner_20130628_003335.png

Last edited by jlsconstruction; 06-27-2013 at 11:45 PM.
jlsconstruction is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #934
Pro
 
dom-mas's Avatar
 
Trade: masonry
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 8,133
Rewards Points: 626

Re: Things I Hate


It's only a 40% chance of rain. That's a 60% chance of not rain. And really it's always 50/50....it might rain, it might not
__________________
New & restoration masonry construction
www.dominionmasonry.ca
dom-mas is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #935
Pro
 
20 and Out's Avatar
 
Trade: commercial and residential renovation
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seaford, NY
Posts: 120
Rewards Points: 251

Re: Things I Hate


20 and Out is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #936
stacker of sticks
 
jlsconstruction's Avatar
 
Trade: home remodeling, new construction
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Auburn NY
Posts: 8,502
Rewards Points: 590

Re: Things I Hate


Quote:
Originally Posted by dom-mas View Post
It's only a 40% chance of rain. That's a 60% chance of not rain. And really it's always 50/50....it might rain, it might not
And a 100% chance it did rain
jlsconstruction is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jlsconstruction For This Useful Post:
dom-mas (06-28-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #937
carpenter jr
 
Carpenter eyes's Avatar
 
Trade: how hard can it be?!
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: scranton, pa
Posts: 994
Rewards Points: 500

Re: Things I Hate


Everyday in my area it started to rain around 4pm. Right around when i start to load up my truck too
__________________
i cut this thing 3 times and its still too short!!
Carpenter eyes is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #938
Pro
 
dave_dj1's Avatar
 
Trade: general contractor
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Upsate Ny/Vt border
Posts: 1,012
Rewards Points: 1,138

Re: Things I Hate


I hate un reliable subs that the owner is friends with and hired them, still waiting on a small addition pour that should have happened more than a month ago! Now that it's ready to pour we are at the mercy of the weather, he see's no need for a tarp! I JUST WANT IT POURED ALREADY!
dave_dj1 is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #939
carpenter jr
 
Carpenter eyes's Avatar
 
Trade: how hard can it be?!
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: scranton, pa
Posts: 994
Rewards Points: 500

Re: Things I Hate


I hate when my new personal helper/laborer never shows up and dosnt call. Some day somewhere i will find a steady helper
__________________
i cut this thing 3 times and its still too short!!
Carpenter eyes is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #940
Geometrist

 
Warren's Avatar
 
Trade: framing/remodeling
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,132
Rewards Points: 20

Re: Things I Hate


Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter eyes View Post
I hate when my new personal helper/laborer never shows up and dosnt call. Some day somewhere i will find a steady helper
One can always dream....

Advertisement

__________________
I'd love to replace all the dumbness in this room but the budget is tight and the stupidity is plentiful!

Easy Gibson
Warren is offline  


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electricians-Thanks for keeping things safe!! Kevin M. Electrical 17 11-30-2014 09:41 PM
Things you like for a business website. flashheatingand Marketing & Sales 20 06-04-2011 10:57 PM
What do you do different, let's here the little things that you do that set you apart Mike Finley General Discussion 63 06-14-2010 01:43 PM
A Sign That Things Are Improving? rstarre General Discussion 1 06-12-2010 01:52 PM
Boy...things are getting REALLY bad!!! finehomes Vehicles 12 10-27-2009 01:46 PM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?