In My Neck Of The Woods - Off Topic (Non Trade) - Contractor Talk

In My Neck Of The Woods

Old 04-04-2019, 04:49 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Electrical Contractor
Rewards Points: 2,434

In My Neck Of The Woods

This is down the road from us, about 6 miles. Palo Alto is known as a place of elitism and the birthplace of NIMBYism. The residents of this self-righteous place (next to Stanford University) have always confused education with intelligence.

Many of the businesses are "new age" type feel good psycho-babble based firms that prey on millennials and trust fund babies. A lot of former government workers still getting 200K a year from taxpayer funded pensions, along with high tech types still pulling in 500K to 3mil yearly. The former home of Steve Jobs and current home of Mark Zuckerberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb8uA97t6qU

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Electrical Contractor
Rewards Points: 2,434

Re: In My Neck Of The Woods

Here is the organization that supports and makes apologies for the progressive fruit-cake in Palo Alto.

https://www.bayshoreprogressive.org/officers

Palo Alto is the home to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford the accuser of Brent Kavanaugh. It is where she works: "Palo Alto University is dedicated to improving the human condition through excellence in teaching, research and scholarship in the fields of psychology and counseling. With an unwavering commitment to diversity and to the communities it serves"

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019, 05:05 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: I'll do that for 500 bucks.
Rewards Points: 9,932

Heard about this. Why can't people who are supposed to be free thinking and insist we be tolerant of others, be a bit more of either. Or any amount of either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
KAP (04-04-2019), tgeb (04-04-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019, 06:49 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Custom
Rewards Points: 33,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinylHanger View Post
Heard about this. Why can't people who are supposed to be free thinking and insist we be tolerant of others, be a bit more of either. Or any amount of either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Shadow link from above (WWYD - What Would You Do segment)... Kind of sums it up...