Missouri Child Identification Program - Off Topic (Non Trade) - Contractor Talk

Missouri Child Identification Program

Old 02-16-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Contractor/ Business Owner/ Entrepreneur
Rewards Points: 506
Exclamation

Missouri Child Identification Program

This is a really great "FREE" program that I recommend anyone with young children take advantage of. Our lodge is sponsoring ours in May but they are held all over the State every weekend by dedicated volunteers.

MOCHIP is a comprehensive child identification program designed to give families of the State of Missouri a measure of protection against the ever increasing problem of missing and abducted children.

MOCHIP stands for "Missouri Child Identification Program". The program uses a computer disk to provide information to the parents. Microchips are not used in the program.

Missouri Freemasons are bringing this program to communities throughout the State. The Masonic Children's Foundation is working with local Masonic Lodges to develop consistent and successful MOCHIP events as part of our ongoing commitment to Missouri's children and families. This program is provided "FREE OF CHARGE" to every Missouri family who participates.

How does it work?

The program consists of five major components:
Digital Photographs
Digital Fingerprints
Child Information and Emergency contacts
Dental bite impression
Two (2) laminated ID cards

We ask that all participants fill out a Permission Form to participate in the MOCHIP event.

Parents or guardians then fill out the Information Collection Sheet with information about their child. All information is voluntary.

The digital photographs, digital fingerprints and Child information and emergency contacts are given to the parent or guardian of the child on a mini-CD computer disk. The inforamation on the disk is compatible with the format required by the "AMBER ALERT" program.

The dental bite impression provides an impression of the biting surface of the child's teeth, which like fingerprints, are unique to each individual. The dental impression collects enough saliva to provide a DNA sample and a source for a scent for trained canine search and recovery teams. Together, these five measures provide a powerful and recovery tool.

The Masonic Children's Foundation retains no information concerning the children; only the signed permission form is retained by the Foundation.

Web Site http:http://www.mochip.org

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
Insert title

Trade: Doors-Windows-Decks
Rewards Points: 2,022

Re: Missouri Child Identification Program

Sounds like a good program. The Masons are trying to get members in my area, they run radio ads promoting open houses. I will have to stop in and see if they have the program around here. Always wanted to join, might look into it.

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: entrepreneur of excavating expertise
Rewards Points: 34

first time i've seen the compass and square ordained with the skull and crossbones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougchips View Post
Sounds like a good program. The Masons are trying to get members in my area, they run radio ads promoting open houses. I will have to stop in and see if they have the program around here. Always wanted to join, might look into it.
As you probably know there is a lot of crazy stuff on the INTERNET about the masons (and just about every other organization for that matter) but this is a good start for info
http://www.freemasoninformation.com/whatis.htm There are plenty of forums also to talk with Masons and non-Masons alike.

It has truly made me a better man with a more positive outlook on life.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:10 PM   #5
Insert title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Kirchhoff View Post
As you probably know there is a lot of crazy stuff on the INTERNET about the masons (and just about every other organization for that matter) but this is a good start for info
http://www.freemasoninformation.com/whatis.htm There are plenty of forums also to talk with Masons and non-Masons alike.

It has truly made me a better man with a more positive outlook on life.
Some of my relatives were Masons, all dead now. When the last one died, a bunch of the Masons from Phili came down for the funeral--really nice. I will check out the site.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayexco View Post
first time i've seen the compass and square ordained with the skull and crossbones?

It has become more common with the younger members from what I have seen. In general public I stick with the standard compass and square.

The Skull and Bones It is usually accompanied by the phrase "Virtus Junxit mors non Separabit" (What Virtue Unites, Death Shall Not Separate),
Old 02-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Some of my relatives were Masons, all dead now. When the last one died, a bunch of the Masons from Phili came down for the funeral--really nice. I will check out the site.
I was raised Catholic so didn't have any Masons in the familly and really didn't know what they were all about until I was in the military.

Even then it took a many years for me to ask about joining. I had a lot of "wildness" to get out of my system and would not have made a good Mason before.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #8
Contractor

Trade: Excavation, Foundation, Concrete
Rewards Points: 52

Quote:
In general public I stick with the standard compass and square.

"Virtus Junxit mors non Separabit" (What Virtue Unites, Death Shall Not Separate),
Just a little reminder....you are in public.
Anyone (world wide) can view this forum all they need is an internet connection.

www.gebcon.com
Old 02-16-2007, 10:49 PM   #9
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeb View Post
Just a little reminder....you are in public.
Anyone (world wide) can view this forum all they need is an internet connection.
Thank you for the reminder. It is never far from my mind.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Sounds like a good program. I will have to stop in and see if they have the program around here.

Here is a link to the national program http://www.masonichip.org

Pass it on to anyone that you think would appreciate it
Old 02-16-2007, 11:42 PM   #11
Pro

Trade: entrepreneur of excavating expertise
Rewards Points: 34

just a traveling from the west, to the east
Old 02-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #12
Insert title

Quote:
I was raised Catholic so didn't have any Masons in the familly and really didn't know what they were all about until I was in the military.

Even then it took a many years for me to ask about joining. I had a lot of "wildness" to get out of my system and would not have made a good Mason before.
Thanks for the info, we have a lodge in my town. I will have to check them out.

Advertisement