Local Newspaper Story - Off Topic (Non Trade) - Contractor Talk

Local Newspaper Story

Old 08-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
The Duke

Trade: Cabinet Maker
Rewards Points: 2,040

Local Newspaper Story

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/st...?id=129762&ac=

Sitting down to lunch, got nuthin' better to do than read the Portland Press Herald today. Local story, Biddeford, Maine (pronounced bidefud in Maine lingo LOL) anyway, a heartwarming story, evil landlord evicting woman with Cerebral palsy (scumbag) and such and so on.

Ok so bad story comes to the end. Now, I'm thinking "whoa, that's an ending I wasn't even thinking about"

She says rather than going homeless or going to the nursing home, which will be paid by the state and taken care of until they can find a replacement home....

......Come Thursday the day before her eviction she'll give her cats a kiss on the head and point her motorized wheelchair toward her bedroom. Then, one last time, she'll go to bed in her own home.

"I have these pills that I can take," she said. "And I'll fall asleep and I won't wake up."

Now...THAT is NOT what I would've said. I think at first she had everyone's sympathy. That little statement, even though I think she deserves better than to be evicted without any real answer why, is gonna land her in a home well before the eviction. Just saying that, she screwed herself IMO.

SalmonFallsCabinetry.com

Salmon Falls Cabinetry on Facebook

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
Insert title

Trade: Doors-Windows-Decks
Rewards Points: 2,022

Re: Local Newspaper Story

The gene pool in Biddeford has never been that great. Lots of low (no) income rentals and plenty of places to buy beer.

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: painter
Rewards Points: 150

Maybe I'm missing something, but just maybe the woman just has had enough and is just saying she'd rather just put a end to the whole deal. Maybe she doesn't want to go to a nursing home for who knows long? I know some of my relatives have gotten to the point that they feel like they've lived a long life and the condition they are in just isn't living and were more or less waiting for it to end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #4
The Duke

Trade: Cabinet Maker
Rewards Points: 2,040

I understand that point, but I have to assume the police are going to step in and she will be put in a home under supervision for suicide. If she wants to end it, fine, but I feel someone is going to go over there and take her out in a white suit now. It's exactly the opposite of what she wants.

SalmonFallsCabinetry.com

Salmon Falls Cabinetry on Facebook
Old 08-27-2007, 02:12 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: painter
Rewards Points: 150

I wouldn't doubt it. For me I hope that when and if it gets to where I'm just a job for someone to take care of that I have the option of opting out. There has to be a point where the quality of life gets factored in.