It's Flattering - Off Topic (Non Trade) - Contractor Talk

It's Flattering

Old 06-13-2019, 09:04 PM   #1
Kowboy

Trade: Countertops
Rewards Points: 8,306

It's Flattering

It’s flattering when someone is attracted to your girlfriend. How they go about conveying that attraction can be tricky. Sometimes it’s just a lingering glance, sometimes it’s an outright “I want to have sex with you.” Yesterday, for my girlfriend Corinne, it was the latter.

After my 37-year marriage ended, Corinne became my girlfriend about four months ago. We flew from Florida to Texas to attend an Indianapolis 500 party hosted by some Indiana expatriates. We arrived early enough to make a long weekend of it. We had dinner last night with Corinne’s friends, Karen and Ed. Ed is 70, trying to retire, and used to work with Corinne’s late husband. He had the hots for her even then. He and Karen were high school sweethearts and have probably been married more than fifty years.

We arrived at their home early enough to have a glass of wine or two before driving to dinner.
Knowing Ed’s attraction, Corinne gave me specific instructions to not leave her alone with him and to stay physically between them. We finished our wine, and Karen, Ed, and Corinne got into their SUV while I moved our rental car out of the way in the driveway. I parked the car and was somewhat surprised to see Karen driving, Corinne and Ed in the back seat, leaving the front passenger seat for me. How did this happen? What am I supposed to do, order Ed out of the back seat and into the front? I figured Corinne was a big girl, she got herself into this mess so she can get herself out. I joked to Karen that I didn’t know if we could trust those two in the back seat. Everyone laughed.

Karen parked the car at the restaurant and she and I got out unhurriedly. We lagged a bit on the walk in, but Corinne and Ed remained in the back seat. The hostess showed us to our table and promised to seat the rest of our group when they arrived. Karen slid into the booth and I slid in next to her. By damn if you’re gonna sit next to my girlfriend Dawg, I’m sittin’ next to your wife. If those two want to sit together in the car, they can sit together in the booth, too. Karen and I made small talk until our wayward twosome sat across from us about five minutes later.

Corinne’s fun new short hair is a mess, and her lipstick is smeared. With Karen and Ed’s faces buried in their menus, Corinne looks over the top of hers, catches my eyes, and mouths out “I gave Ed a blowjob.” I was angry and humiliated, but got an immediate erection.

Okay, I made that up, but what a great twist this story would have taken huh? Sorry, I couldn’t resist. She looked fine. Corinne made some excuse about not being able to find our table.

Dinner was delicious and uneventful, but I got an earful when Corinne and I got back in our rental car. “Ed ran his hands up my leg in the back seat. He said he wants to taste me.” When Ed found out I’d be leaving Houston tomorrow morning for a friend’s funeral in Tennessee and returning that evening, he thought he’d hit the jackpot. He promised to call Corinne. She is fretting over what to do. Not answer her phone? Answer and tell him to cool it? Somehow, I don’t think either of those is gonna work very well. He’s been crushing on her for decades and that **** doesn’t go away with verbal admonitions, believe me.

I’m in love with Corinne, but I’m taking Ed’s side somewhat. I have to; I’ve been Ed and remain so unapologetically. I still have crushes on girls from junior high and high school although I’ve never been quite as forward as Ed with any. Okay, I have to take that back a bit. About 30 years ago, my ex-wife, Lynn Anne, and I were at a party with lots of heavy drinking. I became smitten with a married school teacher and was determined that I was going to kiss her before I left. As things wound down, we made our way to the upstairs bedroom where our coats were stored. It was now or never. I kissed her and she kissed me back. “Aha! I caught you!” I heard Lynn Anne say. Then she laughed. And I laughed and the school teacher laughed as we picked up our coats. Amazingly, I never heard another word about it. I did not make up that story.

On my way to lunch with Corrine and another couple, I was driving slowly in a mall parking lot the other day. An attractive middle-aged woman was walking toward me. As she turned between her car and the adjacent one, I stopped my truck, removed my sunglasses, and with the window rolled down said “You look good.” She was a little startled, but quickly recovered. “Why thank you” she said.

This is not as easy to do as you may think. The circumstances have to be just right. A sunny day and lots of people around. You have to walk the delicate line between giving her a compliment that she’ll mention to her girlfriends without having her describe the creep she ran into in the mall parking lot. The trick is the word “good”. Hang onto the “oo” in “good” for a millisecond. Just enough to convey your meaning while keeping plausible deniability. Tone is everything. Practice.

The airport coffee shop didn’t have decaf this morning, so I had a small cup of regular. I got this story started, then got on my plane. Big mistake; like hanging on to my marriage for so long. I battle claustrophobia; I should be taking Valium before I fly, not caffeine. I have to sit in aisle seats, and I opened the window before my seatmate arrived. I’m hoping she’ll leave it open; it helps me cope to see the outside.

Just as I’ve buried my face in my magazine to distract myself, the air conditioning stopped. The flight attendant announced that someone dropped his hat in the air conditioner, maintenance is on their way, but we’ll be on this plane for an hour with no air. She suggested we close all the windows to preserve the air conditioning we have left, and my seatmate complies. I’ll never make it. I think of the guy that pulled the emergency door, activated the chute to get off the plane, was fined thirty thousand dollars and banned from flying. I’ve got your thirty large, I can take an Uber the rest of my life, but I’m getting out of this shrinking can. Just before I hit the lever, the flight attendant announced that fortunately there is another plane waiting at a different gate. The air conditioning in the jetway was exquisite.

As I paced in the waiting area of our new plane, I called Corinne. Like a mother’s cooing to calm a distressed infant, her voice is instantly soothing. I will not let my irrational fears keep me from my buddy’s funeral. They can wrap me in duct tape, but I’m going if it kills me.

Ed, I feel your pain brother. Before my divorce I remember thinking that I just wasn’t miserable enough to end it which was a huge mistake and one thing my ex and I agree upon. Ed, you are miserable enough, I promise. Disregard those who are telling you “It’s cheaper to keep her.” Yeah, it probably is, but money isn’t everything. I’d live under a bridge with Corinne before I’d go back to my marriage. You’ve only got so much time left, less than I do. If you dump her, your wife will probably lose the 100 pounds she needs to drop. My ex is a size four now and so is Corinne. I take the weight off of ‘em coming or going; you will too. Ironically, her sex drive will probably return when she’s thinner. You may have to sacrifice your marriage to save her life; you’ll certainly save yours.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #2
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,346

Re: It's Flattering

TMI....

should have gone to the editors of days of our lives or some such bs....

but ct....REALLY???????????????

Advertisement

Calidecks (06-13-2019), dayexco (06-14-2019), deckman22 (06-14-2019), Fishindude (06-14-2019), greg24k (06-13-2019), KAP (06-13-2019), Kowboy (06-14-2019), MarkJames (06-13-2019), pinwheel (06-14-2019), rrk (06-14-2019), SmallTownGuy (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:11 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Remodeler
Rewards Points: 4,494

Henny Youngman:
"Take my wife...Please!"
greg24k (06-13-2019), KAP (06-13-2019), Kowboy (06-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2019, 09:12 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 13,525

I read about 2/3's of it.

Wtf??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarkJames For This Useful Post:
greg24k (06-13-2019), griz (06-13-2019), Patrickstew (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:14 PM   #5
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJames View Post
I read about 2/3's of it.

Wtf??
couldn't get that far...
MarkJames (06-14-2019), Patrickstew (06-13-2019), pinwheel (06-14-2019), sunkist (06-14-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:46 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Custom
Rewards Points: 34,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowboy View Post
Knowing Ed’s attraction, Corinne gave me specific instructions to not leave her alone with him and to stay physically between them. We finished our wine, and Karen, Ed, and Corinne got into their SUV while I moved our rental car out of the way in the driveway. I parked the car and was somewhat surprised to see Karen driving, Corinne and Ed in the back seat, leaving the front passenger seat for me. How did this happen? What am I supposed to do, order Ed out of the back seat and into the front?
What to do to respect the wishes of the woman you say you love without creating a scene? Really? "I'm going to follow Ed's lead and suggest we let the ladies have the front seat... Corine, my love, your seat awaits..."...

You'd think with that imagination of yours, that would've been a simple one...
The Following User Says Thank You to KAP For This Useful Post:
Kowboy (06-14-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:57 PM   #7
General Contractor

Trade: New Home Construction-Additions-Remodeling
Rewards Points: 8,100

To much Florida sun Kowboy... go see a shrink
dayexco (06-14-2019), Deckhead (06-14-2019), griz (06-13-2019), Kowboy (06-14-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 10:25 PM   #8
Pro

Trade: Builder/Renovator
Rewards Points: 698

“Sir, this is a Wendy’s”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EricBrancard For This Useful Post:
Kowboy (06-14-2019), MarkJames (06-14-2019), Patrickstew (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 10:35 PM   #9
Pro

Trade: Exterior Remodel and Repair Contractor
Rewards Points: 250

WTF did I just stumble on? Unfollowing this section of forum as of attempting to wash my eyes out with bleach. Jesus Kowboy you went pretty liberal by the term “off-topic” in a Construction forum. My hobby is fishing vs oddly creepy quasi nonfiction erotica?! Here’s a pic. Enjoy. Is meth still an issue prevalent in Florida? Just asking for a friend.... he’s from Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Patrickstew; 06-13-2019 at 10:38 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patrickstew For This Useful Post:
EricBrancard (06-14-2019), Kowboy (06-14-2019), Mordekyle (06-13-2019), SmallTownGuy (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:20 PM   #10
Eater of sins.

Trade: Designer/Drafter/General Contractor(again)
Rewards Points: 1,794

We need pictures of the girl freind or it didn't happen.

Andy.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ScipioAfricanus For This Useful Post:
donerightwyo (06-15-2019), hdavis (06-14-2019), Inner10 (06-14-2019), jeffmattero76 (06-14-2019), SouthonBeach (06-14-2019), sunkist (06-14-2019), Texas Wax (06-14-2019), TimNJ (06-14-2019), XJCraver (06-14-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:24 PM   #11
back doors to hell put in

Trade: Carpenter
Rewards Points: 2,780

Great erotic suspense as always Kowboy, but I have to tell you the story lost it's momentum after the menu sequence. I skipped over quickly after that. You put the highlight in too early and therefore mixing fact and fiction doesn't make the story work.
Kowboy (06-14-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:31 PM   #12
back doors to hell put in

Trade: Carpenter
Rewards Points: 2,780

A 70 year old man getting a BJ in the backseat of a car in a restaurant parking lot?

The world gets a little weirder every day
Old 06-14-2019, 07:32 AM   #13
Kowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickstew View Post
WTF did I just stumble on? Unfollowing this section of forum as of attempting to wash my eyes out with bleach. Jesus Kowboy you went pretty liberal by the term “off-topic” in a Construction forum. My hobby is fishing vs oddly creepy quasi nonfiction erotica?! Here’s a pic. Enjoy. Is meth still an issue prevalent in Florida? Just asking for a friend.... he’s from Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrickstew:

Thanks to you and for all the other comments. Yours made me laugh and you're not a bad writer. I cannot argue with the fact that this is very off-topic for a construction forum, however, I doubt anyone can argue it's misplaced. Off-topic is off-topic, but that rarely stops the sanctimony police here.

I'm hoping that readers can try to find the universality in the piece. Who hasn't lusted after another guy's girlfriend/wife? What did you do with those feelings? Haven't we all been Ed in some form at some time?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kowboy For This Useful Post:
Patrickstew (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #14
Kowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBrancard View Post
“Sir, this is a Wendy’s”
Okay, now that's funny as hell, but you have to be a CT regular reader to get the joke.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kowboy For This Useful Post:
EricBrancard (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #15
Pro

Trade: Commercial Superintendent
Rewards Points: 3,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowboy View Post
I gave Ed a blowjob
You took one for the team?

Last edited by Anti-wingnut; 06-14-2019 at 08:59 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anti-wingnut For This Useful Post:
dayexco (06-14-2019), Kowboy (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #16
Pro

Trade: residential remodeling/construction
Rewards Points: 1,321

Was she hot?
Old 06-14-2019, 09:09 AM   #17
Pro

Trade: Commercial Superintendent
Rewards Points: 3,414

A better question for Kowboi would be "was Ed hot?"
The Following User Says Thank You to Anti-wingnut For This Useful Post:
dayexco (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 10:03 AM   #18
Pro

Trade: remodeling
Rewards Points: 3,094

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScipioAfricanus View Post
We need pictures of the girl freind or it didn't happen.

Andy.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:24 PM   #19
Pro

Trade: builder fl cbc
Rewards Points: 608

As the world turns, I just could not read it after the second line, but I knew the comments were going to better
Kowboy (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #20
Kowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescraft View Post
Was she hot?
If you are referring to my girlfriend, according to the attention she gets she must be. At least two guys at the local bar/restaurant we frequent have made that quite clear. Then add Ed and me to the list.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Flattering-img_0798.jpg  

Advertisement