I Hate People Sometimes. - Off Topic (Non Trade) - Contractor Talk

I Hate People Sometimes.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:32 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: roofing and other envied trades
Rewards Points: 1,266

I Hate People Sometimes.

There's good and bad, but I will never understand how a person could be so cruel to an animal. This is the girl I'm trying to adopt. What do you think?
https://petstablished.com/pets/publi...rr&widget=true

Human Ash tray and Used as a bait dog. Uggh. And the stories go on and on...every day more dogs are found like this. I beg all who read this to start paying attention to your surroundings and if you see a bunch of pit bulls in cages or tied to trees... It's almost a guarantee they fight dogs. If they fight them, they keep bait dogs too.. usually in vacant houses or tied up somewhere out of sight.. call the local aspa and report them. Kick their asses while you're at it. I've been ugly face crying for 3 days reading all the horror stories.

Hopefully we can save some dogs from their awful existence. If it doesn't look right, even if you just get a bad feeling about a situation, Report it! God gave us intuition for a reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madrina For This Useful Post:
Rio (08-24-2018), tgeb (08-24-2018)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
Designer/Contractor

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 936

Re: I Hate People Sometimes.

We need to have serious penalties for any and all aholes who participate in these activities, no first time leniency.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to Rio For This Useful Post:
hdavis (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #3
Goin' Down in Flames....

Trade: Builder/GC
Rewards Points: 1,490

Didn't read the link, but I get the gist.

Cruelty to any of God's creatures is wrong, but the murder of 40 million of the most helpless humans, because some baby-boomers needed "me-time", well, it doesn't really compare.

Of all the atrocities this country commits, why people get so emotionally wrangled over dogs will forever baffle me.

I've seen tweakers with filthy, neglected, starving, un-educated kids, wandering the streets, wondering where they are going to sleep that night, while there parents rant about mis-treating dogs.

Last edited by Seven-Delta-FortyOne; 08-24-2018 at 09:53 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seven-Delta-FortyOne For This Useful Post:
Jaws (08-28-2018), Justin Rhoades (08-25-2018), META (08-28-2018), mrcat (08-24-2018), pinwheel (08-24-2018), ScipioAfricanus (08-24-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #4
Goin' Down in Flames....

Trade: Builder/GC
Rewards Points: 1,490

Here's a story. I was gonna write about it, but never did.

3 sports figures, same general time frame.

1-Michael Vick. Many folks said that he should burn in hell, even people who don't believe in God or hell. Said he could never be forgiven. Spent 18 months in prison, lost everything, basically

2- Forget his name, I'll have to look it up. He played for the Redskins. Driving drunk at 7:00, and killed someone. Did I think 7 months, and said he "made a poor choice", and that "he'll have to live with this for the rest of his life". No. A poor choice is when you order the chicken, and you really wanted the beef. Killing someone is not a "poor choice". Then went back to "ballin'"

3 Rick Pitino. Catholic man, Catholic school. Cheats on his wife, has an affair, gets the girl pregnant, pays for their abortion. Girl accuses him of rape, his defense is that it wasn't rape, because I even paid for her abortion. That exonerated him. Back to work.

And that's what's wrong with peoples thinking these days.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 18,869

Thanks for sharing Madrina.

The human capacity to do both good, and conversely evil, knows no bounds. But that doesn't mean we should give up and say what wth. Lets continue our efforts, large and small, wherever we are to try and make things a little better.

Knowing that others care and try in their efforts is a positive and energizing thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkJames For This Useful Post:
Deckhead (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 18,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven-Delta-FortyOne View Post
Here's a story. I was gonna write about it, but never did.

3 sports figures, same general time frame.

1-Michael Vick. Many folks said that he should burn in hell, even people who don't believe in God or hell. Said he could never be forgiven. Spent 18 months in prison, lost everything, basically

2- Forget his name, I'll have to look it up. He played for the Redskins. Driving drunk at 7:00, and killed someone. Did I think 7 months, and said he "made a poor choice", and that "he'll have to live with this for the rest of his life". No. A poor choice is when you order the chicken, and you really wanted the beef. Killing someone is not a "poor choice". Then went back to "ballin'"

3 Rick Pitino. Catholic man, Catholic school. Cheats on his wife, has an affair, gets the girl pregnant, pays for their abortion. Girl accuses him of rape, his defense is that it wasn't rape, because I even paid for her abortion. That exonerated him. Back to work.

And that's what's wrong with peoples thinking these days.
Yup, also.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:44 AM   #7
Pro

I agree. I was just speaking on this particular subject. Not intending to lessen the importance of abuse towards humans or children. That too needs to be reported if noticed. Unfortunately that abuse is not so openly displayed.

No one ties their kids to a tree in a vacant back yard and let's them starve to death. People are more careful and secretive about human abuse and it's usually too late by the time it's found out.

Plus, what can we do about it personally? Besides report it. The Foster and adoption process is far more difficult for a human than an animal. If they had shelters for abused kids and neglected babies, I'd go get me a few of them too. But they don't. I can on the other hand, save a dog or two. And so can you.

Help where we can help. That's all.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to madrina For This Useful Post:
Deckhead (08-24-2018), META (08-28-2018), P42003 (08-24-2018), Rio (08-24-2018), tang (08-24-2018), tgeb (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 11:20 AM   #8
Pro

Trade: Remodel contractor
Rewards Points: 411

Congratulations on your new best friend! Wishing you both years of love and happiness. I have an abused rescue. Best dog ever!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tang For This Useful Post:
madrina (09-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #9
Pro

Trade: remodeling
Rewards Points: 4,670

I think you'll drop 10lbs trying to keep up with her.
The Following User Says Thank You to hdavis For This Useful Post:
madrina (09-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: Custom
Rewards Points: 31,292

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavis View Post
I think you'll drop 10lbs trying to keep up with her.
Where do you think she's gonna' drop 10lbs. from?...

Madrina, she's cute... love knows no bounds...
The Following User Says Thank You to KAP For This Useful Post:
madrina (09-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #11
30 year novice

Trade: Painting contractor
Rewards Points: 2,631

Looks like she's had a rough life thus far...I'm betting the farm you can give her a sweet life...
The Following User Says Thank You to carzie For This Useful Post:
madrina (09-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #12
Pro

Trade: Home Improvement Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,450

I've always been a firm believer that you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals. I've never heard about a fine upstanding dog fighter.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperiorHIP For This Useful Post:
Golden view (08-24-2018), madrina (09-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #13
Pro

You can tell how they treat animsls, that's it.

Better to see who the dog doesn't like, with the right dog, it's a good indicator.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hdavis For This Useful Post:
Justin Rhoades (08-25-2018), madrina (09-24-2018), MarkJames (08-24-2018), SmallTownGuy (08-25-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #14
Artist and not a curator

Trade: Carpentry,
Rewards Points: 11,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrina View Post
I agree. I was just speaking on this particular subject. Not intending to lessen the importance of abuse towards humans or children. That too needs to be reported if noticed. Unfortunately that abuse is not so openly displayed.

No one ties their kids to a tree in a vacant back yard and let's them starve to death. People are more careful and secretive about human abuse and it's usually too late by the time it's found out.

Plus, what can we do about it personally? Besides report it. The Foster and adoption process is far more difficult for a human than an animal. If they had shelters for abused kids and neglected babies, I'd go get me a few of them too. But they don't. I can on the other hand, save a dog or two. And so can you.

Help where we can help. That's all.
Very well put in a redneck way.

I have friends who are these awesome, wonderful, (and both are beautiful) people. They go to our church. Can't have kids. Physically unable.

Its expensive and VERY difficult to adopt children in our country. Sad story.

So at least we can adopt the next best thing to a human baby... A puppy.

Personal opinion, people who abuse dogs probably wouldn't hesitate to abuse people. Animals rely on us, if you are willing to hurt anything that relies on you for enjoyment... You're a pretty sick person.
You ain't gonna rock and roll no more
The Following User Says Thank You to Deckhead For This Useful Post:
tgeb (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #15
Contractor

Trade: Excavation, Foundation, Professional Painter!
Rewards Points: 578

So, is this dog sleeping on your couch yet?

If not, why, she is a good looking girl that needs someone like you....

And for the record...I hate people most of the time....not sometimes...

www.gebcon.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgeb For This Useful Post:
griz (08-24-2018), madrina (09-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 09:11 PM   #16
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 1,612

can not stand animal abusers....

why/how we got dixie...

this guy....

https://www.patreon.com/LetsAdopt

scroll down to we saved another life....

i can not visit animal shelters because i would take them all with me...
Bull Trout (08-25-2018), Deckhead (08-24-2018), hdavis (08-24-2018), Jaws (08-28-2018), Robie (08-24-2018), SmallTownGuy (08-25-2018), tang (08-25-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 09:48 PM   #17
Pro

So you have Maya?
Old 08-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #18
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 1,612

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavis View Post
So you have Maya?
no, not me....

too far away....

way too many around here....
hdavis (08-24-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 10:12 AM   #19
Pro

Some people treat their dog badly because they're ignorant fools. One couple had 44 dogs taken last week due to neglect. All dogs were living in the house, and the house was immediately condemned.

Others are too loose to have a dog. Boo Boo came here directly from a woman who was on SSDI for being nuts. I believe she honestly did her best, but that included abuse. She'd show the bite scars on her arms to you, and you wouldn't see any.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:08 AM   #20
Pro

I don't have her yet and I may not be able to get her. She was on the Hurry UP list if I remember correctly. But the shelter finally got back to me today. I haven't had time to read the email yet but I'm about to.

I agree with everyone's comments... What do people do to their children to cause them to want to beat animals or another person? or shoot up schools. I don't get it. And these parents are all talking about "its the music they listen to!, its Marylin Mansons fault" BULLCHIT its the way you raised them. I don't care what anyone says, all this psycho chit that people do these days is the parent's damn fault!

Narcissism- Parents fault! Caused by severe neglect and abuse from 0-11 months of age. True narcissistic personality disorder is a scary thing. Only one percent of the population has this disorder and its the only disorder that cannot be treated. Why? Cuz they think everyone else has the problem! Its a weird deal. I had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting one. A charming guy at first. sweet... little stuck on himself, never knew what was going to set him off, RAGE out of nowhere, extremely jealous, extremely violent, very abusive, emotional roller coaster.

he didnt have pets so I didnt get to see how he treated one, I know felony didnt like him. She shook like a leaf and barked nonstop at him. She could sense the evil I guess. I did a bunch of research on this guy trying to figure out what was wrong with him. Thats how I came upon the narcissistic personality disorder. Their brains are actually different than a normal brain. The part that is responsible for the conscience, guilt and remorse never develops. Physically. Its absent from their brains. They learn to mimic guilt and remorse and identify it as the "accepted and expected norm" but they never truly feel sorry for anything. They figure it out at an early age that the way they think and act makes people shun away from them and that is their worst fear...being outcasted.

Like a couple school kids find a baby bird on the ground and while they are all standing around it going oooing and awing another kid just stomps on the bird. he starts laughing expecting everyone else to laugh too but instead finds the look of horror on everyone's face.. Its a moment like that when they realize how different they are and they start watching other kids... they figure out oh im supposed to cry and ask for forgiveness... nobody will talk to me until i act like im sorry...

its a really twisted disorder. I know one thing. I don't think I've ever actually feared for my life until I met that guy. interesting story...

Maybe Ill tell it to ya one day... of course from a humorous hindsight perspective.... but it wasnt funny when it happened.

anyway, its gotta be something the parents did.. it falls right in line with not having remorse... finding pleasure in others pain.... because let's face it, people who aren't screwed up by their parents don't beat animals. Most don't even spank their animals.
So go hug your damn kids every now and then, it aint gonna kill you!~ But it will kill a dog. someday. lol..

dude that should be on a billboard somewhere and have -SPCA after it. ha.

holy chiits its 5 am>> no wonder I'm delirious. i guess i need to go to bed because I have to be up in an hour. Damn the internet! it got me again!

Advertisement