Honoring All Who Have Served

Old 11-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
Texas Strong

Trade: Administrator
Rewards Points: 11,934

Honoring All Who Have Served

To all who have served, thank you.

Honoring All Who Have Served-honor.jpg
asevereid (11-11-2014), Bone Saw (11-11-2014), hdavis (11-14-2014), Kevin M. (11-11-2014), kiteman (11-11-2014), Mr Knucklehead (11-14-2014), overanalyze (11-11-2014), Rich D. (11-11-2014), Robie (11-11-2014), ScipioAfricanus (11-11-2014), skillman (11-11-2014), Warren (11-11-2014), Xtrememtnbiker (11-11-2014)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
Designer/Contractor

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,396

Re: Honoring All Who Have Served

Amen to that, god bless them all, especially the ones who never came back and the ones who have been wounded and deserve all of our support to help them cope with the wounds many of them received.

I've attached a couple of photos taken from the Federal cemetery at Fort Rosecrans in San Diego. They're of a head stone of a fallen soldier from the Korean conflict and every Memorial day and Veteran's day there's this beautiful wreath at the headstone, that's how we first noticed it.

I look at it and am struck at how, 64 years after this soldier's death he's still mourned and honored and also am always struck by thinking how his parents must have thought they were so lucky that he was too young to serve in WWII, only to have been caught up in the onslaught that occurred with the north Koreans, with the backing of the Soviet Union and China, swept down the Korean Peninsula. Hi name was Dale Stephens and he was 19 years old when he died.
Attached Thumbnails
Honoring All Who Have Served-dale-stephens.jpg   Honoring All Who Have Served-dale-stephens-2.jpg  

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to Rio For This Useful Post:
Rich D. (11-11-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
I'm The BOSS

Trade: builder / remodeler
Rewards Points: 4,733

thanks to all who have served this country,
Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
Repair & Renovation

Trade: R. Damato Construction
Rewards Points: 2,598

Words cannot begin to express the gratitude that I have for all the veterans, active military personnel, there family's and for the men and women who never returned home. It’s the heroism and dedication of each individual member of our armed forces that our freedom can be persevered. From the bottom of my heart I want to say thank you for your service and sacrifices you have made!!!!

Last edited by Rich D.; 11-11-2014 at 08:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich D. For This Useful Post:
Jaws (11-11-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #5
The Sheriff

Trade: Builder
Rewards Points: 16,470

Many thanks to all who have served.

Cheif Joseph
Old 11-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
Always Learning

Trade: Builder/Remodeler
Rewards Points: 1,582

A very sincere thank you to all our military!!
Old 11-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #7
John the Builder

Trade: Carpenter/Builder Professional Painter
Rewards Points: 6,114

I salute you MSgt Belfield.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/veteran-...-before-death/

This Nov. 11, 2014 photo provided courtesy of Nancy McKiernan of Baptist Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Glenville, N.Y., shows 98-year-old World War II veteran Justus Belfield saluting on Veterans Day. AP Photo/Courtesy of Nancy McKiernan/Baptist Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Belfield, originally from Utica, spent 16 years in the Army, including a stint in Europe where he fought in the Battle of the Bulge. He also served during the Korean War when he worked as a recruiter in Syracuse. Belfield told the newspaper last year that he never regretted serving in the military.
Attached Thumbnails
Honoring All Who Have Served-saluteap957043204299_002.jpg  

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to SmallTownGuy For This Useful Post:
overanalyze (11-15-2014)