This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year. - Off Topic (Non Trade) - Contractor Talk

This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
Nail-Bender
 
Brutus's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpenter
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
Posts: 4,604
Rewards Points: 2,020

This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndGen
If you haven't bled while working once in your life, you haven't worked!
Brutus is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brutus For This Useful Post:
AmeliaP (09-21-2012), BCConstruction (09-21-2012)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 09-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
Pro
 
Sar-Con's Avatar
 
Trade: Civil Construction, Excavation, Concrete + Forming
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 842
Rewards Points: 504

Re: This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


That looks like a lot of fun!

Advertisement

Sar-Con is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
Box Builder
 
Morning Wood's Avatar
 
Trade: Pretty much anything with wood and some metals
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rockport, MA
Posts: 6,036
Rewards Points: 9,686

Re: This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


Cool. It took me until like 1/2 way through to realize Stanley's eyes don't really move and he doesn't have facial expressions
Morning Wood is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
Pro
 
Snobnd's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling 30+ yrs
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,354
Rewards Points: 3,834

Re: This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


that was really cool thanks for sharing that.
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Snobnd For This Useful Post: Leo
Snobnd is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
Pro
 
MAULEMALL's Avatar
 
Trade: GENERAL CONSTRUCTION
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,486
Rewards Points: 98

Re: This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


Really??

Thats all it takes to get father of the year where you are from...

A whole hour with his kid to drive him around to play look for the toy??

this is in no way a putdown but Brutus you obviously don't have any kids.
MAULEMALL is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
Maker of fine kindling
 
Gus Dering's Avatar
 
Trade: cabinet maker
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 6,199
Rewards Points: 12,490

Re: This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MAULEMALL View Post
Really??

Thats all it takes to get father of the year where you are from...

A whole hour with his kid to drive him around to play look for the toy??

this is in no way a putdown but Brutus you obviously don't have any kids.
Well someone needs a hug

That was a cool video. These home made films are getting pretty good in the digital age.

Thanks for sharing it, Brutus
__________________
Every parent who has walked barefoot into their child's room late at night hates Legos
Gus Dering is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
Pro
 
MAULEMALL's Avatar
 
Trade: GENERAL CONSTRUCTION
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,486
Rewards Points: 98

Re: This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Dering View Post
Well someone needs a hug

That was a cool video. These home made films are getting pretty good in the digital age.

Thanks for sharing it, Brutus
Yes because last week I had to get 2 new hearing aids for my daughter... $2600.00 and I'm spending today with her because I had to take her to the dentists office were they remove 3 baby teeth so that her regulars will come out and even though I have to take her for the removal of one more I made my appointment for the braces consultation...

I am with her every mourning before she goes to school and even though I haven't been with her mother since she was 2 I have seen her every mourning before school. I have been the room parent 3 years I have been on all but 1 feild trip..
EVERY kid in the neighborhood and in her school knows me and a couple who don't get to see thier dad call me dad.
I do homework every night and I have met with 2 of her 5 teachers already ...

It's nothing special... It's just being a Parent.
MAULEMALL is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
Pro
 
BCConstruction's Avatar
 
Trade: Construction
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 16,392
Rewards Points: 2,394

Re: This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MAULEMALL View Post
Yes because last week I had to get 2 new hearing aids for my daughter... $2600.00 and I'm spending today with her because I had to take her to the dentists office were they remove 3 baby teeth so that her regulars will come out and even though I have to take her for the removal of one more I made my appointment for the braces consultation...

I am with her every mourning before she goes to school and even though I haven't been with her mother since she was 2 I have seen her every mourning before school. I have been the room parent 3 years I have been on all but 1 feild trip..
EVERY kid in the neighborhood and in her school knows me and a couple who don't get to see thier dad call me dad.
I do homework every night and I have met with 2 of her 5 teachers already ...

It's nothing special... It's just being a Parent.
So you want to be nominated! lets see your cool vid
__________________
www.bcconstructionllc.com
BCConstruction is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
Pro
 
MAULEMALL's Avatar
 
Trade: GENERAL CONSTRUCTION
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,486
Rewards Points: 98

Re: This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BCConstruction View Post
So you want to be nominated! lets see your cool vid
nominated for what??
Father of the year??

Thats the problem with America today..Everyone needs an award for doing what is supposed to be done.

How low are we going to set the bar..

heres your cool video

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
MAULEMALL is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
The Duke
 
Kent Whitten's Avatar
 
Trade: Cabinet Maker
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 14,746
Rewards Points: 2,040

Re: This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


How about we all just agree that it's a neat video and there's really no need to make any other comments besides that fact.
__________________
If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place ~Lao Tzu

SalmonFallsCabinetry.com

Salmon Falls Cabinetry on Facebook
Kent Whitten is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kent Whitten For This Useful Post:
AmeliaP (09-21-2012), Brutus (09-21-2012), Gus Dering (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #11
Pro
 
Sar-Con's Avatar
 
Trade: Civil Construction, Excavation, Concrete + Forming
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 842
Rewards Points: 504

Re: This Guy Guy Deserves A Nomination For Dad Of The Year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Whitten View Post
How about we all just agree that it's a neat video and there's really no need to make any other comments besides that fact.
I'll second that.

And Maule, keep up the good work

Advertisement

Sar-Con is offline  


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
International Roofing Expo Sees 18 Percent Jump in Attendance This Year Grumpy Roofing 4 04-28-2011 07:58 PM
Composite & Synthetic Year Over Year Increases catalyst156 Decks & Fencing 6 03-12-2011 12:03 AM
Happy New Year Everyone here at CT! Martin Co General Discussion 2 12-31-2009 06:58 PM
Good ways to spend profit $$ before the end of th year nrm2003 General Discussion 17 12-13-2008 01:45 AM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?