Gambler Who Won $1.2M Off Tiger Woods' Masters Win Said He'd Been In Deep Debt Recent - Off Topic (Non Trade) - Contractor Talk

Gambler Who Won $1.2M Off Tiger Woods' Masters Win Said He'd Been In Deep Debt Recent

Unread 04-15-2019, 11:39 PM   #1
GC/carpenter

Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Rewards Points: 14,012

Gambler Who Won $1.2M Off Tiger Woods' Masters Win Said He'd Been In Deep Debt Recent

"The gambler who placed an $85,000 wager on Tiger Woods winning the Masters ultimately winning $1.2 million says he was tens of thousands of dollars in debt as recently as four months ago.

James Adducci, 39, made the bet with William Hill at 14-1 odds last Tuesday, the company said. When Woods won the golf tournament on Sunday, the betting business said it turned into a $1,275,000 payout the largest golf-related payout in the company's history."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tiger...ar-gambler-bet

Mike.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Unread Yesterday, 12:14 AM   #2
back doors to hell put in

Trade: Carpenter
Rewards Points: 2,364

Re: Gambler Who Won $1.2M Off Tiger Woods' Masters Win Said He'd Been In Deep Debt Recent

I don't think I've ever known a gambler who wasn't in debt.

That might be some, not all of the reason why they gamble ..to get out of debt.

Win big and you might really be hooked.

There's 3 slot machines at the gas station down the road and I see old people with hands full of scratch offs so it's pretty pervasive.

I like a sure thing. It's why I got married. It's why I go to work. Boring? Yeah sometimes but at least I don't lose my shirt

Advertisement

Rio (Yesterday)
Unread Yesterday, 12:24 AM   #3
GC/carpenter

Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Rewards Points: 14,012

Re: Gambler Who Won $1.2M Off Tiger Woods' Masters Win Said He'd Been In Deep Debt Recent

I love playing blackjack in Vegas. In fact we will be going there for a mini vaca this summer. Vegas is one of the only places I can relax. I can sit at a table for a few hours with no problem.

Mike.

Unread Today, 01:18 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Don't take trades, cash only.
Rewards Points: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidecks View Post
...says he was tens of thousands of dollars in debt as recently as four months ago.
...and will be hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt as soon as four months from now.

At that level it's a sickness and winning a big payout is not a cure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPG For This Useful Post:
MarkJames (Today), Rio (Today)
Unread Today, 03:12 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 19,569

I'm curious how he came up with the $85,000 in four months from zippy. Strange story.

That "bet-on-your-phone" thing for Nevada residents is legal and completely insane if you've ever known a gambling addict.

Last edited by MarkJames; Today at 03:16 PM.
Unread Today, 04:16 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Workaholic
Rewards Points: 1,598

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJames View Post
I'm curious how he came up with the $85,000 in four months from zippy. Strange story.

That "bet-on-your-phone" thing for Nevada residents is legal and completely insane if you've ever known a gambling addict.
got a loan with his knees and thumbs as collateral?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Unread Today, 06:58 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: home improvement contractor
Rewards Points: 1,482

Not totally related but there is a professional sports bettor on Jeopardy who is absolutely killing it.
Just won $131,127 today, 10 day total of $697,787. Holds the top 5 spots for single game record winnings.

Advertisement