Dog Meat Festival - Off Topic (Non Trade) - Contractor Talk

Dog Meat Festival

Old 07-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
Designer/Contractor

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,922

Dog Meat Festival

The Yuilin dog meat festival is a brutal and vile practice that good people here and also in China are trying to end.

Please take a second and look at the link and do what you can to help to end this disgusting practice.

https://www.vanderpumpdogs.org/stop-the-torture
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rio For This Useful Post:
Robie (07-09-2017), SmallTownGuy (07-09-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: Home Framing- Roof Stacking
Rewards Points: 10,162

Re: Dog Meat Festival

Who are we to say what people on the other side of the world eat???
Why not direct you anger at human trafficking instead???

Advertisement

Old 07-11-2017, 06:12 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: home improvement contractor
Rewards Points: 1,634

Quote:
You have a point. I would guess that billions around the world condemn us for our beef and pork consumption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2017, 08:08 AM   #4
Eater of sins.

Trade: Designer/Drafter/General Contractor(again)
Rewards Points: 1,814

Cats?

Why couldn't it be cats?

Andy.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScipioAfricanus For This Useful Post:
Dirtywhiteboy (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #5
Designer/Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywhiteboy View Post
It's not so much that they are eating the dogs, it's much more the incredibly cruel treatment of them up to the time of their death. They torture these dogs to death, boil them alive, break their bones, nail gun them to the chopping block, all because of the myth that the more terrified the poor thing is the sweeter the meat and also that it increase the virility of the monster that eats them.

Why don't you take a second and read up on this a little before you start pontificating on how we're just as vile as they are?
Old 07-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #6
Designer/Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScipioAfricanus View Post
Cats?

Why couldn't it be cats?

Andy.
It's easy to make fun of something you don't know anything about, please take a second and read up on the subject and then make your snarky comment.

You were posting on another thread how much you love your German shephard, how would you feel if you knew your dog was stolen and then tortured to death before being eaten?
Old 07-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
Designer/Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourcornerhome View Post
You have a point. I would guess that billions around the world condemn us for our beef and pork consumption.
Anyone who eats meat has a duty to do their part to help ensure that the animals being raised for slaughter are done so in a humane fashion and are slaughtered in a humane fashion also.

This is not the case in the dog trade in Asia, and especially so regarding the vile and atrocious Yulin dog meat festival.

Help the people here and in China that are working to educate and reform the populace there about how dogs should be treated. Open up that link and the first photo at the header is a bunch of dogs that are in a steel cargo net, how humane is that? Read up on how they're tortured to death and then come back and tell me how we have no right to point this out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rio For This Useful Post:
Calidecks (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
Pro

Trade: Custom
Rewards Points: 34,156

Rio, is your objection to dogs being eaten or how they are being treated before being eaten?

As cruel as all that sounds on the website, seems weird that they would starve the dogs right before eating them... runs contrary to the old adage of fattening them up before the slaughter...

EDIT: I should add that I can't look at a dog or cat, even one that's not been domesticated, and think of it being eaten as a source of food, but I'm sure Hindu's, etc. think similarly to cows... Either way, I would agree that purposeful cruelty before killing them is in-humane...

Last edited by KAP; 07-11-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #9
Pro

I think a bigger story is the young lady that works at my dentist office. She now has 2 very young kids and will not go to Thai Land to see her grandmother because the sealing of kids is so bad over there!!!! And for what to make money off of for sick tourist... Like I said go for the bigger evil.
Oh I did read the story. You could never have a clue of a third worlder life. I will not judge them.

Here sign away.... and you tell me to read it!!! Now YOU read these and see I already know all about this! Where have you been I live on a island where people EAT dogs and cats! Who am I to say??? I think the harvesting of children for sex is a much bigger cause but I guess for those that believe that killing them before birth that is nothing... the bigger evil.
Oh by the way my son eats whale in Japan... My wife ate whale at school for the school lunch... who am I to say?? it's their food source.
https://www.change.org/p/stop-the-br...og-eating-days

https://www.change.org/p/county-exec...mption-of-dogs

https://www.change.org/p/sign-stop-t...ght-punishment

https://www.change.org/p/mayor-varta...mption-of-dogs

Last edited by Dirtywhiteboy; 07-11-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #10
Designer/Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP View Post
Rio, is your objection to dogs being eaten or how they are being treated before being eaten?

As cruel as all that sounds on the website, seems weird that they would starve the dogs right before eating them... runs contrary to the old adage of fattening them up before the slaughter...

EDIT: I should add that I can't look at a dog or cat, even one that's not been domesticated, and think of it being eaten as a source of food, but I'm sure Hindu's, etc. think similarly to cows... Either way, I would agree that purposeful cruelty before killing them is in-humane...
OPEN THE LINK AND READ ABOUT IT YOURSELF, LOOK AT SOME OF THE PHOTOS.
My objection is to how they are treated, why don't you go open that link and read up on it a little bit, these dogs are tortured to death as part of the ritual, hard to believe but it's what the people who are there and trying to do something about it say. Just looking at some of the horrible photos is enough to make one want to retch.

I understand how people can eat dogs and cats, I understand how poor the world is, I have trouble understanding how people can be so wantonly cruel and if we can do something to raise awareness of that fact and to start pushing for humane treatment of these dogs that's a good thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rio For This Useful Post:
Calidecks (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 01:24 PM   #11
Designer/Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywhiteboy View Post
I think a bigger story is the young lady that works at my dentist office. She now has 2 very young kids and will not go to Thai Land to see her grandmother because the sealing of kids is so bad over there!!!! And for what to make money off of for sick tourist... Like I said go for the bigger evil.
Oh I did read the story. You could never have a clue of a third worlder life. I will not judge them.

Here sign away.... and you tell me to read it!!! Now YOU read these and see I already know all about this! Where have you been I live on a island where people EAT dogs and cats! Who am I to say??? I think the harvesting of children for sex is a much bigger cause but I guess for those that believe that killing them before birth that is nothing... the bigger evil.
Oh by the way my son eats whale in Japan... My wife ate whale at school for the school lunch... who am I to say?? it's their food source.
https://www.change.org/p/stop-the-br...og-eating-days

https://www.change.org/p/county-exec...mption-of-dogs

https://www.change.org/p/sign-stop-t...ght-punishment

https://www.change.org/p/mayor-varta...mption-of-dogs
Unlike you I can do more than one thing at a time. Human trafficking is disgusting and horrible and yes, it should be stopped.

Torturing dogs to death in some bizarre festival is disgusting and horrible and yes, it should be stopped also.

I'm well aware of the poverty of the third world and believe it or not don't really have a problem with them eating dogs and cats, what I and thousands of other people, including very courageous people who live in China, in the area where this brutal and vile practice takes place , have a problem with is the way the dogs are treated while in captivity and the way they are killed.

I guess you think it's okay to shoot a nail gun into the paw of a dog so it can't escape before you start breaking its bones, or skinning a dog alive, or beating it to death, or boiling it alive; Great, you think that's none of my business, I think it is. You choose to turn a blind eye to it, I don't.

I started this thread in the hopes that other people will help spread the word about this barbarity, perhaps donate some time or money or buy something from one of the organizations that is dedicated to ending this cruelty and I think that's a good thing.

If you think that torturing animals is okay fine, but don't go pissing on other people that think it's the B.S. that it is.

Why don't you start a thread on how we can participate in helping to end human trafficking. I think that's horrible also, but just because one thing is horrible it doesn't mean that we should ignore other horrible situations.

Finally, please take your sanctimonious, self righteous preening and do it elsewhere, if you don't want to do something positive about the wanton torture of innocent animals, okay, but don't go dumping on people that do.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #12
Pro

Better cause,,,,,,,
Attached Thumbnails
Dog meat festival-img_20170709_160601270.jpg   Dog meat festival-img_20170709_160538103-1024x576-.jpg   Dog meat festival-img_20170709_160607948.jpg   Dog meat festival-img_20170709_160616076.jpg  
Old 07-11-2017, 01:34 PM   #13
Contractor of the Month

Trade: Control Systems
Rewards Points: 4,114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
Unlike you I can do more than one thing at a time. Human trafficking is disgusting and horrible and yes, it should be stopped.

Torturing dogs to death in some bizarre festival is disgusting and horrible and yes, it should be stopped also.

I'm well aware of the poverty of the third world and believe it or not don't really have a problem with them eating dogs and cats, what I and thousands of other people, including very courageous people who live in China, in the area where this brutal and vile practice takes place , have a problem with is the way the dogs are treated while in captivity and the way they are killed.

I guess you think it's okay to shoot a nail gun into the paw of a dog so it can't escape before you start breaking its bones, or skinning a dog alive, or beating it to death, or boiling it alive; Great, you think that's none of my business, I think it is. You choose to turn a blind eye to it, I don't.

I started this thread in the hopes that other people will help spread the word about this barbarity, perhaps donate some time or money or buy something from one of the organizations that is dedicated to ending this cruelty and I think that's a good thing.

If you think that torturing animals is okay fine, but don't go pissing on other people that think it's the B.S. that it is.

Why don't you start a thread on how we can participate in helping to end human trafficking. I think that's horrible also, but just because one thing is horrible it doesn't mean that we should ignore other horrible situations.

Finally, please take your sanctimonious, self righteous preening and do it elsewhere, if you don't want to do something positive about the wanton torture of innocent animals, okay, but don't go dumping on people that do.
Do you actually know if they torturing dogs?

Could it just be they are they are treated similarly to any other livestock?
Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #14
Designer/Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner10 View Post
Do you actually know if they torturing dogs?

Could it just be they are they are treated similarly to any other livestock?
It's horrible but from what I've seen on that site and also from interviews it's absolutely true, check out the link, it's harsh.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #15
Pro

Trade: Custom
Rewards Points: 34,156

Quote:
OPEN THE LINK AND READ ABOUT IT YOURSELF, LOOK AT SOME OF THE PHOTOS.
I don't know what you're jumping at me for... I read the article which was why I not only agreed that in-humane treatment was wrong but how I was also able to note that it went against the old adage of fattening before the slaughter by them starving the dogs before hand...

That said.... The article was not going to tell me whether or not your objection was them being eating or the way they were being treated before being eaten... now you have clarified, but my gut tells me based on your response that despite what you told DWB, you also object the dogs being eaten in the first place (as do I, but...)...

Quote:
My objection is to how they are treated, why don't you go open that link and read up on it a little bit, these dogs are tortured to death as part of the ritual, hard to believe but it's what the people who are there and trying to do something about it say. Just looking at some of the horrible photos is enough to make one want to retch.

I understand how people can eat dogs and cats, I understand how poor the world is, I have trouble understanding how people can be so wantonly cruel and if we can do something to raise awareness of that fact and to start pushing for humane treatment of these dogs that's a good thing.
Uhm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP View Post

Hard to see how you rally people to your cause just lashing out this way...

All animal cruelty is horrid... whether dogs, cats, cows, etc...
Old 07-11-2017, 02:03 PM   #16
Contractor of the Month

Trade: Control Systems
Rewards Points: 4,114

Quote:
It's horrible but from what I've seen on that site and also from interviews it's absolutely true, check out the link, it's harsh.
Link reads like PETA bull****.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #17
Designer/Contractor

Want any more proof of how humane these dogs are treated Ahole?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:23 PM   #18
Pro

It's their culture not mine.. Who am I to say,,,,
In America some kill animals for sport!! At least the Asians eat them.
I have eaten fish so fresh it was still moving. Have you ever been to a party and had to ask what one is the dog
Is eating dog and cat illegal where you're at?? Or do you even know? Animal activism is nothing new. The fact is you use products every day that contain animal abuse and cruelty!!! You don't even know it!! At least I know it. I used to be a huge animal activist.

Here from a album I had in the early 80's I shut up today because the rivers of hypocrisy have risen to full flood and my life is not clean of animal cruelty... Oh but your is because you don't know about ,,, well educate your self and really become a activist.. You are having a knee jerk reaction to one story. Do you eat meat??

I'm over here in the cage
Take a real good look at my face
I smoked twenty fags today • The pain from the experiment has gone away...
But it'll be back soon & I hope I don't live through it
I hope I'll die
Breathe my last breath
A way out of a fate worse than death
My pain to ease yours
It's a raw deal my rights for your ignorance greed & vanity
But I forgot, curiosity rules
I mean nothing & you just couldn't care
But you don't bloody care & it just ain't fair that I've got screws in my
head
Or if I wind up dead
Or if I look pathetic
Or if I'll get an anesthetic
Or if I meow or scream for your cosmetic cream
Or if they swap my heart
Or if I'm torn apart
They torment my brain again & again
Or if they swell up my eyes or increase my size
Or if I'm strapped & trapped to a table or chair
C'mon admit it you just don't care
If they rip me open & just start poking around
For a remedy to an illness which doesn't exist
Or if they start again for something they've missed
I must have rights & I want my share
But if only, if only you'd show us you care
You know I've rights & I want my share
But if only, if only you'd show us you care
'Cos you can't understand my voice
Somehow it always leaves me no choice
I can't expect you to voice my rights
When you don't even voice your own
Because of your ignorance I guess we'll always pay
We fellow beings just hope you'll realise on day
That we've got lots in common
One is that were both downtrodden by the people
Who've got big plans for this nation
You see they even test animals with chemical warfare
Weapons effects & riot control agents & radiation & whilst you're ignoring
There's a big bang coming
Maybe you owe it to yourselves to show us you care
So come on & free us
Free us..... I dare

Last edited by Dirtywhiteboy; 07-11-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #19
Designer/Contractor

Fortunately I'm not asking YOU to judge, you've made your pathetic view on this subject clear enough.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #20
Designer/Contractor

Go ahead, don't judge people after you've just seen photos of dogs being boiled alive, burned alive, it's a reflection on YOU!

Advertisement