Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum

Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum (https://www.contractortalk.com/forum.php)
-   Off Topic (Non Trade) (https://www.contractortalk.com/f22/)
-   -   Beyond meat. (https://www.contractortalk.com/f22/beyond-meat-418377/)

MarkJames 05-01-2019 09:00 PM

Beyond meat.
 
I'm guessing this meatless stock is going to be a hit. BYND ipo tomorrow.

Anybody dabbling...or tasting?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/be...ker-2018-11-23


..

MarkJames 05-01-2019 09:33 PM

Maybe this topic and concept is ...beyond comprehension? :laughing:

tjbnwi 05-01-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkJames (Post 7534343)
I'm guessing this meatless stock is going to be a hit. BYND ipo tomorrow.

Anybody dabbling...or tasting?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/be...ker-2018-11-23


..

Just saw this.

Our oldest daughter has been a vegetarian for 26 years (very close to being a vegan), youngest daughter has been a vegetarian for 16 years.

Our oldest daughters husband will not eat meat out of respect for her. He eats the Beyond products and serves them when I'm there. Except for texture they are as close to animal meat as possible. They're so close to meat that our daughters will not eat them, they go with Morning Star.

I highly recommend Beyond to anyone who is considering them.

Tom

Easy Gibson 05-01-2019 09:44 PM

Mark, buy.

Buy and hold. This is the future. As the boomers die off, they're being replaced with vegetarians who recognize the ecological impacts of beef farming. You're going to see this more and more. Hell, White Castle and Burger King are carrying Beyond products.

tjbnwi 05-01-2019 09:50 PM

So everyone reading this knows, Beyond has yet to have a profitable year. I think this will change.

Tom

deckman22 05-01-2019 10:37 PM

I hope they go broke.

Deckhead 05-01-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Gibson (Post 7534367)
Mark, buy.

Buy and hold. This is the future. As the boomers die off, they're being replaced with vegetarians who recognize the ecological impacts of beef farming. You're going to see this more and more. Hell, White Castle and Burger King are carrying Beyond products.

Bro, I am no Boomer. I choke down salads but eat bacon cheeseburgers like it's my job, hold the lettuce and toss on another Patty...

I hope beef ranches go outta business... I'll be buying cattle for pennies on the dollar and you guys can keep the rabbit food.

Rio 05-02-2019 12:17 AM

It'll get to where it will taste the same or better, have the same texture and be cheaper not to mention our meat supply chain in the United States has been opened up to a bunch of other countries which makes it even more likely to get adulterated meat.

Leo G 05-02-2019 12:21 AM

My wife makes a killer salad. It was huge and tasty. Mine and hers were slightly different according to our tastes.

And a big prime steak.

Calidecks 05-02-2019 12:21 AM

Never good to buy an IPO. Generally speaking that is.


Mike.
_______________
[emoji631] [emoji631]

Leo G 05-02-2019 12:22 AM

Get in early, get out just as fast. Make the money when the thing opens up.

MarkJames 05-02-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calidecks (Post 7534453)
Never good to buy an IPO. Generally speaking that is.


Mike.
_______________
[emoji631] [emoji631]

Very true, but I have a hunch this one is going to be home run. Something in the air.

....then again, I'll probably be wrong.

MarkJames 05-02-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo G (Post 7534455)
Get in early, get out just as fast. Make the money when the thing opens up.

This thing is going to open above the IPO price, and the media will yap all day about the percentage pop that we never could have played (unless we were on the friends and family list).

NYgutterguy 05-02-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkJames (Post 7534501)
Very true, but I have a hunch this one is going to be home run. Something in the air.



....then again, I'll probably be wrong.



If you feel this hunch buy it and hold it. Donít touch it for a long time. I had the same hunch about apple 12 years ago before the iPhone came out. Havenít ever touched it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy Gibson 05-02-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYgutterguy (Post 7534555)
If you feel this hunch buy it and hold it. Donít touch it for a long time. I had the same hunch about apple 12 years ago before the iPhone came out. Havenít ever touched it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you're still hanging around with us?

Tom M 05-02-2019 10:42 AM

I honestly believe one day we are going to look back and say "we used to eat animals" like its the worst thing. Like barbarians

I wonder if they can capture the necessities of minerals and fats we need without the harmful elements. Perfect dietary supplements in the form of pills would alter so much. I bet half of what we eat is out of mere gratification.

rescraft 05-02-2019 11:01 AM

"One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small"........

tjbnwi 05-02-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rescraft (Post 7534643)
"One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small"........

Moms pill wasnít much of a help......

Tom

Robie 05-02-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

The maker of vegan beef and sausage substitutes soared, rising as much as 192 percent from its IPO price of $25 share. The shares opened at $46 and were up 158 percent to $64.41 at 3:23 p.m. in New York, giving the company a market value of about $3.7 billion.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t?srnd=premium

KAP 05-02-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom M (Post 7534637)
I honestly believe one day we are going to look back and say "we used to eat animals" like its the worst thing. Like barbarians

I wonder if they can capture the necessities of minerals and fats we need without the harmful elements. Perfect dietary supplements in the form of pills would alter so much. I bet half of what we eat is out of mere gratification.

:eek:



It's interesting... used to love eating steak out at your average restaurant... then I ate one at a restaurant that really knew how to make one... :thumbsup:

Think I'll stick with that rather than the substitute unless they can actually recreate it... :whistling :laughing:


If I have to imagine it tastes like meat, I'd rather just eat the meat... probably why tofu-turkey never took off... :w00t:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.