2020 NFL Season - Page 3 - Off Topic (Non Trade) - Contractor Talk

2020 NFL Season

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2020, 06:33 PM   #41
Radical Basement Dweller
 
Robie's Avatar
 
Trade: Whatever needs to be made or repaired
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,569
Rewards Points: 3,908

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Numbers are down from last year...which were down from the year before.

I was reading somewhere yesterday from someone in the know...they probably have 3 years left with dropping attendance and dropping viewership before the salaries of the players start to drop significantly.

Quote:
Weak 1: Monday Night Football Ratings Crash by over 20% Amid Social Justice Protests
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...tice-protests/
__________________
“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant
Robie is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robie For This Useful Post:
Jaws (09-16-2020), Rio (09-15-2020)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 09-15-2020, 09:24 PM   #42
Pro
 
Dirtywhiteboy's Avatar
 
Trade: Home Framing- Roof Stacking
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu Oahu,Hawaii
Posts: 17,028
Rewards Points: 1,698

Re: 2020 NFL Season


That's great news!!! I'd love to see them make the same as a carpenter.
__________________
I Have Done So Much With So Little For So Long, I Can Do Almost Anything With Nothing Now
Dirtywhiteboy is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dirtywhiteboy For This Useful Post:
deckman22 (09-16-2020), Joasis (09-16-2020), overanalyze (09-17-2020), rblakes1 (09-15-2020), Rio (09-16-2020), Robie (09-15-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 06:16 AM   #43
Pro
 
Joasis's Avatar
 
Trade: General Contractor
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hennessey, Oklahoma
Posts: 9,775
Rewards Points: 2,332

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Local talk guy said the Nielson numbers show more then a 50% decline in viewership, and going down by the week. Advertisers are sticking around for this....so who will bail them out?
__________________
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
405 853 1563

Insulated Concrete Homes / ICF's
My Facebook Page
Joasis is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-16-2020, 06:26 AM   #44
Pro
 
MarkJames's Avatar
 
Trade: Essential Handyman Services
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,685
Rewards Points: 20,179

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
Originally Posted by VinylHanger View Post
Napoleon Dynamite is the dumbest, stupidest, most useless movie ever.

That being said, I always watch it when I come across it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Dumb and Dumber was dumber.
MarkJames is offline  
Old 09-16-2020, 07:02 AM   #45
Pro
 
MarkJames's Avatar
 
Trade: Essential Handyman Services
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,685
Rewards Points: 20,179

Re: 2020 NFL Season


The NFL used to play the patriotism themes like a virtuoso with a Stradivarius. Now it's just another example of how this country is ripping itself apart.

Btw, when do we start boycotting apple pie?

Last edited by MarkJames; 09-16-2020 at 07:15 AM.
MarkJames is offline  
Old 09-16-2020, 07:34 AM   #46
Focusing on solutions.
 
pinwheel's Avatar
 
Trade: hardwood floor contractor & so much more
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,339
Rewards Points: 24

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJames View Post
The NFL used to play the patriotism themes like a virtuoso with a Stradivarius. Now it's just another example of how this country is ripping itself apart.

Btw, when do we start boycotting apple pie?
Turn off the noise of the media & look around your own little circle. Is that circle ripping itself apart? I know mine's not, quite the opposite is actually taking place. Maybe I'm delusional, but I believe that the majority of people circles are similar to mine when you get away from the media that's narrative is division instead of unity.

How much viewership would the media have, if they ran stories constantly about unicorns & rainbows?
pinwheel is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinwheel For This Useful Post:
Mordekyle (09-16-2020), overanalyze (09-17-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 07:54 AM   #47
Pro
 
Joasis's Avatar
 
Trade: General Contractor
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hennessey, Oklahoma
Posts: 9,775
Rewards Points: 2,332

Re: 2020 NFL Season


We still watch little league, football, basketball...wrestling....the whole works....just at the local level. After the Chubba Hubbard BS at OSU, I personally know 4 different guys who cancelled their season tickets and arena boxes.
__________________
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
405 853 1563

Insulated Concrete Homes / ICF's
My Facebook Page
Joasis is online now  
Old 09-16-2020, 08:05 AM   #48
Pro
 
MarkJames's Avatar
 
Trade: Essential Handyman Services
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,685
Rewards Points: 20,179

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwheel View Post
Turn off the noise of the media & look around your own little circle. Is that circle ripping itself apart? I know mine's not, quite the opposite is actually taking place. Maybe I'm delusional, but I believe that the majority of people circles are similar to mine when you get away from the media that's narrative is division instead of unity.

How much viewership would the media have, if they ran stories constantly about unicorns & rainbows?
My circle isn't all that harmonious right now.

I think too many folks are being amped by media stories and the internet [email protected], and the clue is in the topics and how they reference them. Nobody seems to get away from it, even busy "normal" folk. Add to it the divide between, say, 20-somethings and us wiser folk, and it's even worse. Pick a topic, any topic...and it comes right out.

Btw, I didn't see any NFL this week, and didn't miss it. Did some weekend painting instead.
MarkJames is offline  
Old 09-16-2020, 08:52 AM   #49
Focusing on solutions.
 
pinwheel's Avatar
 
Trade: hardwood floor contractor & so much more
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,339
Rewards Points: 24

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJames View Post
My circle isn't all that harmonious right now.

I think too many folks are being amped by media stories and the internet [email protected], and the clue is in the topics and how they reference them. Nobody seems to get away from it, even busy "normal" folk. Add to it the divide between, say, 20-somethings and us wiser folk, and it's even worse. Pick a topic, any topic...and it comes right out.

Btw, I didn't see any NFL this week, and didn't miss it. Did some weekend painting instead.

If you want harmony, it's up to you to either steer the topic to more harmonious subjects or pick a different circle. Otherwise, you're part of the problem in making your circle divisive.

Trust me, I've got plenty of politically minded friends in my circle. If I don't bite when they throw out the bait, it don't take long for them to quit throwing bait.
pinwheel is offline  
Old 09-16-2020, 09:13 AM   #50
Pro
 
MarkJames's Avatar
 
Trade: Essential Handyman Services
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,685
Rewards Points: 20,179

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwheel View Post
If you want harmony, it's up to you to either steer the topic to more harmonious subjects or pick a different circle. Otherwise, you're part of the problem in making your circle divisive.

Trust me, I've got plenty of politically minded friends in my circle. If I don't bite when they throw out the bait, it don't take long for them to quit throwing bait.
I don't engage in much of it, but the bait supply is plentiful. They don't want my opinion anyway.
MarkJames is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkJames For This Useful Post:
pinwheel (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 09:17 AM   #51
Artist and not a curator
 
Deckhead's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpentry,
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 10,020
Rewards Points: 8,964

Re: 2020 NFL Season


It's so foreign to me that politics get in the way of people's relationships.
__________________
‘ugly and inaccurate because our thoughts are foolish, but the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts.’ -George Orwell
Deckhead is online now  
Old 09-16-2020, 09:26 AM   #52
Radical Basement Dweller
 
Robie's Avatar
 
Trade: Whatever needs to be made or repaired
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,569
Rewards Points: 3,908

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckhead View Post
It's so foreign to me that politics get in the way of people's relationships.
20 years ago I would have said the same thing.

So much has changed with so much at stake.
__________________
“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant
Robie is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robie For This Useful Post:
A&E Exteriors (09-17-2020), Jaws (09-16-2020), Rio (09-16-2020), tgeb (09-19-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 10:25 AM   #53
GC/carpenter
 
Calidecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim Hills, California (OC)
Posts: 40,402
Rewards Points: 46

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Forgive me if I don't want to associate with anyone that hates me country.


Mike.
_______________
Calidecks is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calidecks For This Useful Post:
Jaws (09-16-2020), Rio (09-16-2020), Robie (09-16-2020), tgeb (09-19-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #54
Pro
 
MarkJames's Avatar
 
Trade: Essential Handyman Services
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,685
Rewards Points: 20,179

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
Originally Posted by Robie View Post
20 years ago I would have said the same thing.

So much has changed with so much at stake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidecks View Post
Forgive me if I don't want to associate with anyone that hates me country.


Mike.
_______________
These sentiments sum up the problem well. It's why one family member cut off another recently, over what was a pretty mild and silly "reply" to an email string.
MarkJames is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkJames For This Useful Post:
Deckhead (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 11:32 AM   #55
The Sheriff

 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Trade: Builder
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 25,612
Rewards Points: 17,282

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckhead View Post
It's so foreign to me that politics get in the way of people's relationships.
At this point its a fundamental difference in values, character and morals. So yeah, hard to hang out with that lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
__________________
"If I have wounds I have two choices, See myself as a victim or see myself as a warrior"

Cheif Joseph
Jaws is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaws For This Useful Post:
Calidecks (09-16-2020), pinwheel (09-16-2020), Robie (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 11:35 AM   #56
The Sheriff

 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Trade: Builder
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 25,612
Rewards Points: 17,282

Re: 2020 NFL Season


I love football, always have.

After the first few weeks uou get used to it and forget about it. If my dad wants a game on when he comes over no problem, otherwise I dont watch

I have better stuff to do with my time at this point

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
__________________
"If I have wounds I have two choices, See myself as a victim or see myself as a warrior"

Cheif Joseph
Jaws is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaws For This Useful Post:
Wile E Coyote (09-19-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #57
Artist and not a curator
 
Deckhead's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpentry,
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 10,020
Rewards Points: 8,964

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
At this point its a fundamental difference in values, character and morals. So yeah, hard to hang out with that lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
I understand what you're saying, but I their moral character didn't suddenly change. You either have a grasp of the people you are around or don't. Their politics aren't suddenly go and reveal to you they are a pos. Either they were before or weren't.

You and I most likely aren't going to be hanging around with the type that thinks looting and burning is cool. Not because they're liberal or progressive, but because they suck at life. I'd be very surprised to hear anyone I know who is liberal say the riots are understandable.
__________________
‘ugly and inaccurate because our thoughts are foolish, but the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts.’ -George Orwell
Deckhead is online now  
Old 09-16-2020, 12:07 PM   #58
Radical Basement Dweller
 
Robie's Avatar
 
Trade: Whatever needs to be made or repaired
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,569
Rewards Points: 3,908

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
I'd be very surprised to hear anyone I know who is liberal say the riots are understandable.
That may very well be. But, I'd be willing to bet if you got involved in a deep conversation with those people, they would still support blm and place the blame on Trump and the police for the riots.
__________________
“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant
Robie is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Robie For This Useful Post:
Calidecks (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #59
The Sheriff

 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Trade: Builder
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 25,612
Rewards Points: 17,282

Re: 2020 NFL Season


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckhead View Post
I understand what you're saying, but I their moral character didn't suddenly change. You either have a grasp of the people you are around or don't. Their politics aren't suddenly go and reveal to you they are a pos. Either they were before or weren't.



You and I most likely aren't going to be hanging around with the type that thinks looting and burning is cool. Not because they're liberal or progressive, but because they suck at life. I'd be very surprised to hear anyone I know who is liberal say the riots are understandable.
Nope, disagree. Always respected the hell put of Brees, this has exposed him as a coward and a liar as far as I'm concerned

Just like these riots and pandemic exposed Abbott as a closet redcoat

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
__________________
"If I have wounds I have two choices, See myself as a victim or see myself as a warrior"

Cheif Joseph
Jaws is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaws For This Useful Post:
Calidecks (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 01:13 PM   #60
Pro
 
tjbnwi's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cedar Tucky, Indiana
Posts: 11,738
Rewards Points: 4

Re: 2020 NFL Season


I have not watched a NASCAR race since the Bubba Smollette fiasco. No way I’m watching football or any other sport.

Tom

Advertisement

tjbnwi is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tjbnwi For This Useful Post:
Calidecks (09-16-2020), Dirtywhiteboy (09-16-2020), Robie (09-16-2020)


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?