Youtube Video For (business Pictures) - Technology - Contractor Talk

Youtube Video For (business Pictures)

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Pro
 
AutumnWood Inc.'s Avatar
 
Trade: Deck Builder
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 748
Rewards Points: 550

Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


I thought I would put this here, since I started the thread about posting a power point presentation on Youtube...... I could not get the power point transfered. But I did a video of some old jobs, in Roxio (easy media creator 9) I think it is called video wave


I thought it might look cool on our web site and blog, I am not sure if this will help with SEO .... I did the video and blog in the hope it will help our SEO.. I am total novice at this

Anyway maybe this idea will help some one else, Keep in mind this was my first attempt and it needs lots of work and some music........


+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
AutumnWood Inc. is offline  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 02-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Pro
 
Ed the Roofer's Avatar
 
Trade: Roofing Contractor
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 7,179
Rewards Points: 2,062

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Can you do a voice over narrative for that?

Is that video software one of the free ones?

I think it has Great Potential on your website.

Ed

Advertisement

Ed the Roofer is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Pro
 
curapa's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpentry / Fencing / Decks
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 1,249
Rewards Points: 500

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


I like the video but without sound it gets a bit boring. A voice over or some ambient music would help alot. I made a fence video a while back but had trouble with the format and posting on YouTube.
__________________
www.ParkerFenceandDeck.com
curapa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Pro
 
Ed the Roofer's Avatar
 
Trade: Roofing Contractor
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 7,179
Rewards Points: 2,062

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


A friend of mine did this for me, just by me sending him a disc of a bunch of photos for this one job.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


It's nothing special, but I do have it on YouTube and it eventually will be on my website.

After all, how many other contractors can display something like that.

Ed
Ed the Roofer is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
Pro
 
fez-head's Avatar
 
Trade: Contractor/ Business Owner/ Entrepreneur
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 960
Rewards Points: 506

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


very nice!
fez-head is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
Pro
 
AutumnWood Inc.'s Avatar
 
Trade: Deck Builder
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 748
Rewards Points: 550

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Thank you, for the replies, I am not sure if you can do voice over narration or not.... My video was just in Roxio media creator 9 ($70) I don't know much about the program. We had problems with uploading the video with sound on youtube...
AutumnWood Inc. is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
Pro
 
fez-head's Avatar
 
Trade: Contractor/ Business Owner/ Entrepreneur
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 960
Rewards Points: 506

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


We started using Google Picasa which also has video. After buying some parts from Best Buy we can now hook up our old video camera to the computer and upload to Google Picasa..... which has no crazy ads or other video distracting from ours.
fez-head is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
Pro
 
AutumnWood Inc.'s Avatar
 
Trade: Deck Builder
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 748
Rewards Points: 550

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Kirchhoff View Post
We started using Google Picasa which also has video. After buying some parts from Best Buy we can now hook up our old video camera to the computer and upload to Google Picasa..... which has no crazy ads or other video distracting from ours.

Thank You, Jesse..... I am just downloaded Picasa and I am going to try their video program...... So far it seems very easy to use ....
AutumnWood Inc. is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
Pro
 
nlgutters's Avatar
 
Trade: seamless gutters
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: new hampshire
Posts: 992
Rewards Points: 500

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Here's my video from my site. Check it out tell me what you think.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/nlseamless/videos/1/
__________________
www.nlseamlessgutters.com
nlgutters is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
Pro
 
fez-head's Avatar
 
Trade: Contractor/ Business Owner/ Entrepreneur
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 960
Rewards Points: 506

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnWood Inc. View Post
Thank You, Jesse..... I am just downloaded Picasa and I am going to try their video program...... So far it seems very easy to use ....
fez-head is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
Pro
 
fez-head's Avatar
 
Trade: Contractor/ Business Owner/ Entrepreneur
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 960
Rewards Points: 506

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgutters View Post
Here's my video from my site. Check it out tell me what you think.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/nlseamless/videos/1/
Very informative and well put together
fez-head is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
Pro
 
nlgutters's Avatar
 
Trade: seamless gutters
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: new hampshire
Posts: 992
Rewards Points: 500

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Kirchhoff View Post
Very informative and well put together
Thank You
__________________
www.nlseamlessgutters.com
nlgutters is offline  
Old 02-24-2009, 02:52 AM   #13
 
Door&WindowPlus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 22
Rewards Points: 10

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


People seem to like the installation videos to make sure you know what to do.
Door&WindowPlus is offline  
Old 02-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #14
Member
 
Crete Buster's Avatar
 
Trade: Concrete breaking, sawing drilling - Demolition - Confined Space Excavation
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 65
Rewards Points: 75

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Autumn Wood,

Using video on your site is great idea and can definitely help with generating leads when done properly. Some sound would definitely help. Google "royalty free music" and you will find lots of options.

ed had music in his video, which will help keep someone with a short attention span like mine stay engaged a bit longer

nlgutters had a great example of using video as a mini infomercial with a call to action at the end.

Video can be used for various purposes (information, education, sales/marketing etc). The shorter the video the better or at least make sure there is a call to action frequently so that if they decide not to watch the whole video they have your number or web address. Think about the format of a t.v. infomercial. It gives you an opportunity multiple times to order just in case you don't watch the whole 30 minutes.
Crete Buster is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Crete Buster For This Useful Post:
AutumnWood Inc. (02-25-2009)
Old 02-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #15
Proprietor
 
MattCoops's Avatar
 
Trade: TILE!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Haverhill, MA
Posts: 1,847
Rewards Points: 1,060

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


You know, if you got Vista you can use Window Video Maker to play a series of pictures. You can even add transitions in between slides and audio for a narrative. Saves as a regular .wmv that you can upload to YouTube.
Matter of fact, I'm gonna work on one right now.
__________________
Matt Cupan TileWorks:
Bathroom remodeling & custom tile projects for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, southern New Hampshire and Union County, North Carolina.
(978) 476-0662 | [email protected]
MattCoops is offline  
Old 02-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #16
Pro
 
Ed the Roofer's Avatar
 
Trade: Roofing Contractor
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 7,179
Rewards Points: 2,062

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Here is the link to Windows Movie Maker 2.1, which they say is for XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...viemaker2.mspx

Ed
Ed the Roofer is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #17
 
msteinhoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 58
Rewards Points: 75

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnWood Inc. View Post
I am not sure if this will help with SEO .... I did the video and blog in the hope it will help our SEO..
The biggest pop you can have in terms of SEO on your Autumnwood Construction web site is by updating the main TITLE tag. Right now, the title of your web site is 'Home'. I'd toss something like 'Autumnwood Construction - Custom Decks, Sun Rooms, Covered Porches and Patios in Michigan'.

The TITLE is one of the top clues you can give a search engine as to what your web site is about. Don't waste that clue with something generic and, probably, default. (Good keywords and description, by the way.)

Videos, more to your specific question, can be great for retaining visitors and getting more views. They tend to be more neutral in terms of improving SEO. I agree with the others here... you need a voice over of some sort. You also need to make the video shorter.

Online, attention spans are short. Take a look at some of the most successful online video blogs (such as Rocketboom) and how long their videos run. The high end target is usually three minutes to four minutes with fast-moving, varied content. Your video was upwards of four minutes. Visually, it was nice, but too long and no audio.

Cheers,
Matt
msteinhoff is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to msteinhoff For This Useful Post:
AutumnWood Inc. (02-26-2009)
Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #18
Pro
 
AutumnWood Inc.'s Avatar
 
Trade: Deck Builder
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 748
Rewards Points: 550

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Quote:
Originally Posted by msteinhoff View Post
The biggest pop you can have in terms of SEO on your Autumnwood Construction web site is by updating the main TITLE tag. Right now, the title of your web site is 'Home'. I'd toss something like 'Autumnwood Construction - Custom Decks, Sun Rooms, Covered Porches and Patios in Michigan'.

The TITLE is one of the top clues you can give a search engine as to what your web site is about. Don't waste that clue with something generic and, probably, default. (Good keywords and description, by the way.)

Videos, more to your specific question, can be great for retaining visitors and getting more views. They tend to be more neutral in terms of improving SEO. I agree with the others here... you need a voice over of some sort. You also need to make the video shorter.

Online, attention spans are short. Take a look at some of the most successful online video blogs (such as Rocketboom) and how long their videos run. The high end target is usually three minutes to four minutes with fast-moving, varied content. Your video was upwards of four minutes. Visually, it was nice, but too long and no audio.

Cheers,
Matt
Thank you for your comments, How do I change the tag.. We did our own site through homestead and we can edit just about everthing.
I have the first page set up as home... But where would I put all that info in at...... Thank You again....

I think I did it ..... thank you again

Last edited by AutumnWood Inc.; 02-26-2009 at 10:01 AM.
AutumnWood Inc. is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #19
 
msteinhoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 58
Rewards Points: 75

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnWood Inc. View Post
How do I change the tag.. We did our own site through homestead and we can edit just about everthing.
I'm not sure how the Homestead editor works. The main TITLE tag is what shows up at the top of the browser window. So, you should be able to poke around a bit and quickly see if you changed the right thing. Just change something that looks as though it could be the site's title then hit 'reload'. If the browser window header changes, you did the right thing.

The other thing you may want to look at is the fact your two web sites (autumnwoodconstruction and michigandeckstore) are identical. That, effectively, dilutes your page rank and moves you lower in most indexes. Think of it this way, your two sites are fighting with each other for attention. Instead of one site being being ranked 10th, they each get half the number of 'votes' and end up at 20th.

Here is what Google itself has to say on the topic....

Most search engines strive for a certain level of variety; they want to
show you ten different results on a search results page, not ten different URLs that all have the same content. To this end, Google tries to filter out duplicate documents so that users experience less redundancy.
googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/demystifying-duplicate-content-penalty.html


How do you fix that problem?

The least technical way to fix the problem is to have two different sites with different, unique content. Make sure to say different things that will attract different types of people. On one site, keep it as it is with your full service offering. On the other, focus on a subset of services which you offer.

The technical way to fix the problem is to decide which site you want to be your only site then do a 301 permanent redirect from the secondary, depreciated site. (For more information on that, visit somacon.com/p145.php and look at the 'Redirection with META Refresh' section.)

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited by msteinhoff; 02-26-2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling error
msteinhoff is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 10:13 AM   #20
Pro
 
AutumnWood Inc.'s Avatar
 
Trade: Deck Builder
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 748
Rewards Points: 550

Re: Youtube Video For (business Pictures)


Quote:
Originally Posted by msteinhoff View Post
I'm not sure how the Homestead editor works. The main TITLE tag is what shows up at the top of the browser window. So, you should be able to poke around a bit and quickly see if you changed the right thing. Just change something that looks as though it could be the site's title then hit 'reload'. If the browser window header changes, you did the right thing.

The other thing you may want to look at is the fact your two web sites (autumnwoodconstruction and michigandeckstore) are identical. That, effectively, dilutes your page rank and moves you lower in most indexes. Think of it this way, your two sites are fighting with each other for attention. Instead of one site being being ranked 10th, they each get half the number of 'votes' and end up at 20th.

Here is what Google itself has to say on the topic....

Most search engines strive for a certain level of variety; they want to show you ten different results on a search results page, not ten different URLs that all have the same content. To this end, Google tries to filter out duplicate documents so that users experience less redundancy.
googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/demystifying-duplicate-content-penalty.html

How do you fix that problem?

The least technical way to fix the problem is to have two different sites with different, unique content. Make sure to say different things that will attract different types of people. On one site, keep it as it is with your full service offering. On the other, focus on a subset of services which you offer.

The technical way to fix the problem is to decide which site you want to be your only site then do a 301 permanent redirect from the secondary, depreciated site. (For more information on that, visit somacon.com/p145.php and look at the 'Redirection with META Refresh' section.)

Cheers,
Matt
Thank you, I think I fixed the first recommendation, on the 2 different sites, do you think if possible, I could direct one site to my blogspot... www.autumnwoodconstruction.blogspot.com ... or would that be a bad idea ..... My blog needs work too..... Thank you

Advertisement

AutumnWood Inc. is offline  


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roof Cleaning Pictures Wanted !! Roof Cleaning Pressure Washing 5 09-07-2010 08:24 AM
CCTV experts - video to IP?? sirroundsound Low Voltage 3 02-19-2009 11:52 PM
YouTube? Bryan C Marketing & Sales 10 02-08-2009 07:47 AM
YouTube video on the web site Susan Betz Technology 5 11-28-2007 07:50 PM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?