Does Anyone Know Of An Android App That Can Store My Job Pictures In Different Albums - Technology - Contractor Talk

Does Anyone Know Of An Android App That Can Store My Job Pictures In Different Albums

Old 07-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Remodeling Contractor

Trade: Home Improvement Contractor
Rewards Points: 150

Does Anyone Know Of An Android App That Can Store My Job Pictures In Different Albums

I am looking for an app or way to separate the pictures on my phone into different photo albums for different projects. Currently, all my photos store to the Gallery and are just a jumbled mess of pictures. Also, I would like to be able to separate business from personal pictures as well.

Is there an app or way to do that? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 if that helps.

Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
Carpe Diem

Trade: Smile 4 Tile
Rewards Points: 1,114

Re: Does Anyone Know Of An Android App That Can Store My Job Pictures In Different Albums

You have a Google account that means you have a Picasa account too. Make sure you activate it (sign in for first time).

Now get Picasa Tool app from the Play store.

From the Picasa Tool app you can view your gallery. You can also upload each of your pictures to Picasa into their own folders. That way, you have "backed up" all your photos but you can also view them from your phone's gallery if you keep your Picasa account sync'd with your phone. The Galleries from Picasa show on your phone just like the gallery photos do.

Advertisement

moorewarner (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #3

Trade: Homebuilder
Rewards Points: 77

Re: Does Anyone Know Of An Android App That Can Store My Job Pictures In Different Albums

You can tag photos which is basically the same as creating a folder or go to gallery - select multiple photos - create a new album and dump them in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ohiobuilder For This Useful Post:
ohiohomedoctor (07-22-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Remodeling Contractor

I can't seem to get either of those ways to work for me on this phone. You would think they would make this stuff a little more simple...Maybe its just me though lol
Old 07-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
The Duke

Trade: Cabinet Maker
Rewards Points: 2,040

I use JustPictures. Works well also.

SalmonFallsCabinetry.com

Salmon Falls Cabinetry on Facebook
Old 07-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretth0214 View Post
I can't seem to get either of those ways to work for me on this phone. You would think they would make this stuff a little more simple...Maybe its just me though lol
You can't log into Picasa?
You can't download Picasa Tool?
What exactly is the part(s) you cannot do?
Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
I own stock in FotoMat!

Trade: 132 on Bush, I've got him at gunpoint!
Rewards Points: 11,736

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus242 View Post
You can't log into Picasa?
You can't download Picasa Tool?
What exactly is the part(s) you cannot do?
Mebbe he has wireless turned off (airplane mode).
Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Remodeling Contractor

Picasa won't let me sign in because it says i already have the gmail account on the phone. Of course i have MY gmail account on my phone and would want to use that one.

I will check out the JustPictures
Old 07-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretth0214 View Post
Picasa won't let me sign in because it says i already have the gmail account on the phone. Of course i have MY gmail account on my phone and would want to use that one.

I will check out the JustPictures
Go here and sign in:
https://picasaweb.google.com/home
Old 07-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
Hair Splitter

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 1,100

Drop Box...Just download the app, download it on your computer, setup the DropBox folder with your folders and copy pictures to those folders. Anything in your DropBox folder will be uploaded and sync'ed.
Originally Posted by CarpenterSFO View Post
You ask for your money frequently, and you collect it quickly, else you stop working immediately.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
Hair Splitter

You get a few GB's free and can either complete their list to get a free upgrade or purchase more space.
You ask for your money frequently, and you collect it quickly, else you stop working immediately.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
Carpe Diem

DropBox is a good back up tool but I feel not a Gallery replacement. Picasa will look identical on your phone to the original Gallery. It stays sync'd automatically.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
Every now and then poster

Trade: Home Remodeling Professional
Rewards Points: 3,544

Thanks angus. I just downloaded that picasa. Looks like a good tool. Could have used that years ago when I was still dropping phones into buckets, and toilets, and off of a hotel, and under the tire of a skid steer. I have broken alot of phones and lost alot of pictures.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #14
Hair Splitter

Quote:
DropBox is a good back up tool but I feel not a Gallery replacement. Picasa will look identical on your phone to the original Gallery. It stays sync'd automatically.
It's definitely not as fancy as Picasa. It will sync automatically. You just have to save to the Dropbox folder. But that works for me as I don't want all of my job pics in the gallery that I want to show during a presentation. I use my tablets picture viewer to view the images. With that said, I use a tablet so I don't know what it will look like on a phone.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
Carpe Diem

I'm just saying Picasa is more like gallery Plus. It's all seamless. You create folder. I have separate folders for floors, bathrooms, backsplashes and I have folders for each larger job. Picasa can be viewed from the app, the gallery or from the website directly. You don't have to show the entire gallery. You can share folders with others. You can make a folder public.

If you have a potential client, you can send them the URL for a particular job and they only see that.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
Hair Splitter

Quote:
I'm just saying Picasa is more like gallery Plus. It's all seamless. You create folder. I have separate folders for floors, bathrooms, backsplashes and I have folders for each larger job. Picasa can be viewed from the app, the gallery or from the website directly. You don't have to show the entire gallery. You can share folders with others. You can make a folder public.

If you have a potential client, you can send them the URL for a particular job and they only see that.
I am pretty sure that I can do all of that with drop box.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x8f8gf2zd7i7sax/BB6gdMTiOL
Old 07-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
Carpe Diem

I have DB too. It's not the same. When I go to Gallery, I see all of my Picasa folders.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #18
Hair Splitter

Quote:
I have DB too. It's not the same. When I go to Gallery, I see all of my Picasa folders.
I didn't say it was the same. Just that it was another option. Why can't it be another good option? Not sure why it had to be picked apart.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #19
Carpe Diem

I'm not gonna argue with you. Picasa Tool is exactly what he asked for. It's design to work seamless on an Android phone's gallery. There are even sync settings under your account info.

IMO, it shouldn't even be an app, it should be a part of the OS.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #20
Hair Splitter

Quote:
I'm not gonna argue with you. Picasa Tool is exactly what he asked for. It's design to work seamless on an Android phone's gallery. There are even sync settings under your account info.

IMO, it shouldn't even be an app, it should be a part of the OS.
What do you mean that you are not going to argue with me? You already are. I made suggestion and you began to pick it apart. Pointing out all of the shortcomings and why your suggestion was better. I simply countered your misinformation with fact.

I would also say that I said nothing negative, and only positive things about Picasa. I didn't begin to tell everyone what I thought were draw backs of it or picking it apart. I want the record to show that I just wanted to give a suggestion. I did not want to argue, and still don't. That is why I am keeping all the things I want to say about Picasa to myself.

Advertisement

Last edited by TNTRenovate; 07-22-2012 at 10:20 PM.