Bid Tracking - Dates Of Potential Jobs, Contract Prices, Etc. - Technology - Contractor Talk

Bid Tracking - Dates Of Potential Jobs, Contract Prices, Etc.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:12 AM   #1

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 4

Bid Tracking - Dates Of Potential Jobs, Contract Prices, Etc.

I am looking for a software that will keep track of bids currently being worked on. I am not sure if this software is out there or not. But what I am envisioning is something that will create a gantt chart of prospective work showing where project dates fall, a list of projects with contract amounts, bid dates, construction dates, etc. Is anyone aware of anything like this? Preferably online but I will look at anything. Thank you in advance.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2019, 07:38 PM   #2
Pro

Rewards Points: 1,260

Re: Bid Tracking - Dates Of Potential Jobs, Contract Prices, Etc.

We built our own.

We use one spreadsheet with no dollars on it to track nothing but dates. Bid submitted, accepted, BP received, material ordered, cx start, inspections, milestones, completion, invoicing, a notes column. We use colors to note if we have a po, in construction, complete, lost bid, etc. Active jobs on one tab, complete on another, lost on another. Every job assigned an internal reference number.

We use another spreadsheet specifically for dollars. Job reference number, name, proposal date, proposal amount, po # from client. The sheet is setup on a monthly basis. I project what we will invoice for the month in detail. As it becomes reality. We update the sheet.

I don't bother with gantt charts anymore. Most of my clients have online job tracking software that requires me to input dates for all major milestones. Creating a personal gantt would just be additional work for me at this point.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Advertisement

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike-B For This Useful Post:
Calidecks (11-13-2019), CPmammoth (11-20-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 10:31 PM   #3
Talking Head

Trade: Poking Things With Sticks
Rewards Points: 438

I primarily use Pipedrive for sales. The main view is Kanban which is good for moving through the process at the customers different paces. There are a bunch of different Gantt softwares out there but I typically use Google Drive or Excel templates.

Trying to combine sales and PM software is usually unpleasant or very expensive. They are separate processes with separate reporting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 4

Mike:

Thank you for your response on my bid board question. Is there any chance you would share a copy of your spreadsheets with no information of course? I have a hard time starting from scratch sometimes. I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
We built our own.

We use one spreadsheet with no dollars on it to track nothing but dates. Bid submitted, accepted, BP received, material ordered, cx start, inspections, milestones, completion, invoicing, a notes column. We use colors to note if we have a po, in construction, complete, lost bid, etc. Active jobs on one tab, complete on another, lost on another. Every job assigned an internal reference number.

We use another spreadsheet specifically for dollars. Job reference number, name, proposal date, proposal amount, po # from client. The sheet is setup on a monthly basis. I project what we will invoice for the month in detail. As it becomes reality. We update the sheet.

I don't bother with gantt charts anymore. Most of my clients have online job tracking software that requires me to input dates for all major milestones. Creating a personal gantt would just be additional work for me at this point.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: carpentry
Rewards Points: 663

Clickup will do that

Old 09-02-2020, 02:12 AM   #6
Shingler extraordinaire

Trade: Roofing, Decks, Siding, & Additions
Rewards Points: 15,550

We use Job Nimbus

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2020, 08:23 AM   #7
Pro

Trade: Industrial
Rewards Points: 1,372

We built our own also, classified jobs as:
Leads - Something we are aware of, but not yet involved in
Prospects - Something we will be taking a shot at
Bidding - Something in the works, we are definitely quoting
Pending - Something we've already quoted
Abandon, Lost - Self explanatory

Had columns for; job number, job name, responsible person, action date, project valeu and notes

Reviewed and updated this list weekly at sales meeting and took a minute to discuss the active, more important ones.

We could also use this list to forecast our odds of winning the work, approx. construction timeframe, etc. and roughly forecast our upcoming workload and business volume.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to Fishindude For This Useful Post:
Fouthgeneration (09-04-2020)