Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

What do you pay a year for commercial auto insurance?

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Randy Bush 
#1 ·
I think, I gotta change the insurance over on my cube van..in 2010 the handicapped plates that were on it expired. A guy I used to work for, who is now a LEO actually pulled me over for driving with expired plates and told me :whistling

Soo...make a long story short.. the truck was part of the estate, we settled the estate but forgot to transfer that truck to me... However the truck was insured, and stuff the insurance company was 'wierd' about insuring a vehicle i didnt personally own ,but instead was owned by my now deceased father... anyways i figured id let the plates go and stuff to save a little money...

so the plates expired, and i had to get commercial plates for it. I did notify the insurance company of the change over from handicap plates to commercial cause the dmv was being extremely anal about my EXACT name on the insurance card thingy..

heres the thing...

I am paying around $2200 a year for the following:

my ranger and cube van both insured for 300/500 the ranger has collision the cube van doesnt.
my homeowners at 500/750
and my personal umbrella for 1million

Everyone I have talked to says that their commercial vehical policy is like $1500 a year by itself... I think im paying somewhere around 600?

How would i check my insurance coverage on the cube van with out rocking the boat?

Also i do carry 100k in commercial liability for $600 a year but i think im paying too much for that.

See less See more
#10 ·
I think, I gotta change the insurance over on my cube van..in 2010 the handicapped plates that were on it expired. A guy I used to work for, who is now a LEO actually pulled me over for driving with expired plates and told me :whistling

Soo...make a long story short.. the truck was part of the estate, we settled the estate but forgot to transfer that truck to me... However the truck was insured, and stuff the insurance company was 'wierd' about insuring a vehicle i didnt personally own ,but instead was owned by my now deceased father... anyways i figured id let the plates go and stuff to save a little money...

so the plates expired, and i had to get commercial plates for it. I did notify the insurance company of the change over from handicap plates to commercial cause the dmv was being extremely anal about my EXACT name on the insurance card thingy..

heres the thing...

I am paying around $2200 a year for the following:

my ranger and cube van both insured for 300/500 the ranger has collision the cube van doesnt.
my homeowners at 500/750
and my personal umbrella for 1million

Everyone I have talked to says that their commercial vehical policy is like $1500 a year by itself... I think im paying somewhere around 600?

How would i check my insurance coverage on the cube van with out rocking the boat?

Also i do carry 100k in commercial liability for $600 a year but i think im paying too much for that.

#14 ·
@Gene Murray has been digging up a lot of treasure lately. It’s nice to have all these fresh threads in the “new” section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.