Welding Contractor - Business - Contractor Talk

Welding Contractor

Old 04-15-2019, 07:18 PM   #1

Trade: Specialty Welding
Rewards Points: 2

Welding Contractor

Got an LLC going and doing good for just starting out. Just turned 27 been a Pipefitter/Welder for 9 years, everything from chill water to welding on the steam generator at a nuke. Made great money working for somebody else but itís time I made my own name.

Question - This is a diverse group of individuals and businesses, in your day to day operations have you ever needed or hired a Welding contractor for a job? Trying to broaden my horizons as they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: Industrial
Rewards Points: 906

Re: Welding Contractor

I think your best opportunity will be doing fabrication and welding for small to mid size manufacturing plants, etc. They probably won't have those skills in house.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to Fishindude For This Useful Post:
angus31632 (04-16-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 12:05 AM   #3
Pro

Rewards Points: 4,828

Iíve sought the services of a mobile welder once.

Fixing/fabricating gates may be an opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mordekyle For This Useful Post:
angus31632 (05-16-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 06:32 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Deck Building
Rewards Points: 116

If you're wanting small fabrication type stuff, reach out to snow plow companies. The hours would suck, but you could charge a premium during a snow storm (if you wanted to work 24 hrs during an event) with mobile welding. It's hard to find someone at 2am to fix your broken plow.

Just something out of the box.

You're probably wanting something larger though. I'd just reach out to commercial builders in your area. Give them your contract information, what you do and a little about yourself. Never hurts to network like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to HammerSwing For This Useful Post:
angus31632 (05-16-2019)