State Insurance Funnnnn - Business - Contractor Talk

State Insurance Funnnnn

Old 10-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: LI,NY designer, new homes, renovation work, concre
Rewards Points: 2,000

State Insurance Funnnnn

Today was the straw that broke the camels back, been with SIF for 27 years, always paid, one or two small claims, nails shot through hands, stuff like that. Let my try for the short version, most of you guys know, you get a bill, you pay it, god forbid you have to talk to someone on the phone. Last year had stuff going down, Accountant never did the audit, we have one scheduled for the end of OCT, unfortunataly one week from now they want big $, well over 10G.....on top off the 10G i just paid, my premium after the audit will get me a credit, these Mothr F#####, want me to make the payment before the audit, then they use my $ for the next 3 years, deducting my payment...My Accountant called today, spoke to the senior guy, very nice guy, admitted its a nightmare, and basically recomended we get out of SIF because they pull numbers out the air, cant tell you why, and just drop you if you dont pay. I here Utica First is starting to write Comp, they already write my liability.....I have dealt with Bull like this with them over the years, but this is the end, i hope after i pull out, they go out of businessPISSED. GMOD

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Remodeling GC

Trade: Remodeling General Contractor
Rewards Points: 392

Re: State Insurance Funnnnn

Gene my work comp is going thru my payroll and I only get charged for hours worked and the correct classification on ever paycheck, no more we need 10k BS for me anymore, gotta love insurance,

Advertisement