Received Letter From CSLB Today - Am I Approved? - Business - Contractor Talk

Received Letter From CSLB Today - Am I Approved?

Old 07-20-2019, 06:53 PM   #1

Trade: Playground Installation
Rewards Points: 4

Received Letter From CSLB Today - Am I Approved?

I applied for the D-34 License a few weeks ago and today I received the application fee number and pin, my question is, am I approved? Or will there be additional screenings?

I was listed on my father's application a few years ago, so I have already gone through the finger printing process. My father's application was approved, but he was unable to pass his exam due to a language barrier.

Now that I am a bit older (23), I have decided to apply for the D-34 license myself. I have a 4 year degree in Economics and have been working part time with a GC (who signed my work experience certification) since I was 18. I was doing job walks, estimating, and would work in the field on all projects that included playground or fitness equipment.

I am still a bit worried that due to my young age I will be rejected, although I have back-up for all work performed via payroll checks.

I REALLY wish all goes well, as I have GCs and playground vendors willing to give me work, but it is all dependent on the license.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2019, 07:50 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Licensed Electrical Contractor and Remodeler
Rewards Points: 898

Re: Received Letter From CSLB Today - Am I Approved?

Hey Gonzo,

Welcome to CT. I'm going to point you in the right direction and close this thread so it doesn't become confusing.

https://www.contractortalk.com/f63/c...censing-32617/

Please cut and paste this question to this thread.

Phil (License Guru) has helped hundreds of people here at CT and never crosses the line as far as advertising so we don't have to give him a slap on the wrist here---ever. He'll answer and give you good info.

In the section you posted this, it's unlikely he'd ever see it anyway.

Thread closed. Good luck!!!!!!

Advertisement

Calidecks (07-20-2019), TheConstruct (07-20-2019)