Question About A Computer Program Used To Find Customers Searching For You Online - Business - Contractor Talk

Question About A Computer Program Used To Find Customers Searching For You Online

Old 12-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #1

Trade: C-17 Glazing
Rewards Points: 2

Question About A Computer Program Used To Find Customers Searching For You Online

Well first off, let me introduce myself.

My name is Nick Shadwell and i recently received a C-17 Glaziers contracting license.

With that being said, I used to work for this very successful window and door company who used a certain computer program that would show a list of people doing searches online for new windows and doors that showed their contact information with a phone numbers attached to call.

They would designate two people 8 hours a day to make phone calls trying to sell them their product and it worked very well.

Unfortunately they wouldnt tell me exactly what program it was or how they did it so im on here seeing if anyone might know what im talking about

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Estimator / Preconstruction Manager
Rewards Points: 2,248

Re: Question About A Computer Program Used To Find Customers Searching For You Online

Skynet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Tom Struble (12-24-2016)
Old 12-18-2016, 11:03 PM   #3
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 1,982

Re: Question About A Computer Program Used To Find Customers Searching For You Online

boris from the kgb....

or the kid at the corner coffee shop from the nsa.....
Sir Mixalot (12-19-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #4

Trade: Painting
Rewards Points: 4

Shadwell, they are using a lead capture form on one or multiple websites and creating a call back list. Additionally, they are using remarketing lists and audiences also captured by the websites lead capture form or by a remarketing pixel embedded on the website. In essence, you need a website with organic traffic or paid traffic, depending on your location, you may be able to get fast results with paid traffic, I.E. a Google Ads campaign linked to website that converts well.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #5
This space for lease

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 4,628

I hang up on sales calls so no amount of money spent hunting for me would be worth it.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Wiring
Rewards Points: 2,828

There is no magical software.

Capture your leads than decide what you want to do with then

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2016, 12:27 AM   #7

Trade: Plumbing
Rewards Points: 8

That definitely sounds like they were doing lead capture. There's no way to get that kind of info just from people searching on Google or elsewhere. They had to willingly give it up to someone.

Advertisement