A Good Read - Business - Contractor Talk

A Good Read

Old 10-24-2005, 01:26 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: Bathroom Remodeling
Rewards Points: 2,000

A Good Read

I just finished reading Losing My Virginity : How I've Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way, the story of Richard Branson and Virgin group of companies told in his own words.

Simply amazing book if you are into these sorts of things. I'm not sure how much being from the UK has made Branson so much the polar opposite of the stereo typical American business success, but he certainly is nothing like anybody I have read about who is at his level, nor follows what seems to be the 'official rules' that American business owners follow in order to get to the top. Its amazing to find somebody of his stature who was willing to totally expose his personal and private life which wasn't always flattering to say the least but even somewhat embarrasing, in order to allow you a complete picture to understand who he is and where he came from and what makes him make his choices in life and business. Great book, not sure how many people are into things like this, but if you are I highly recommend it.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2005, 07:24 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: underground
Rewards Points: 2,000

Re: A Good Read

Thanks for the heads-up Mike.

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
Pro Painter

Trade: Painting Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,000

Re: A Good Read

Sounds quite interesting to those of us who are un-orthodox to begin with.